Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Syrriah

Freezing when next to fire

Syrriah    0

I haven't seen this problem anywhere so I thought I'd create a new topic. 

I've been playing WX-78 in a world and I'm on day 101. Out of the blue, around day 99 he started freezing. I have the hibernation vest and a cat cap on. I've tried taking it all off to see if he would warm up, I've tried building an extra fire. The heatstone doesn't warm up anymore (also around the time I started freezing). He's literally freezing to death so I can't play him until I can find a way to warm him up. 

Also, and I'm not sure if this is a glitch or not, but when I eat a meaty stew with WX-78 (over eating when his hunger is already fairly full), he sometimes overheats? I've tried that to warm him up too! Doesn't work.

I have a few mods installed via the steam subscription, although I'm not sure why it would all of a sudden glitch now. I've already been through a winter in the world and I wasn't as stocked up as I am now. I've tried disabling as many mods as I can, but some of them I don't want to yet because it will change the game too much and I would loose a lot.

post-378538-0-67316000-1398500789_thumb.

Syrriah    0

Ok I've just tried disabling a few more mods and that seemed to work. I disabled Always on tiki torch, Easter egg hunt, Endothermic torch and Wilson's house with light. One of them must have been causing the glitch.

a bit late but it's definately the "always on tiki torch" i didn't even disable the mod, i hammered them all down and the firepit i have at my base started warming me up right away

Thanosz    0

Hi, i have exactly the same issue as you, and i also use the "always on tiki torch" mod.

Very strange because i didn't noticed this issue in my previous games (2 or 3 through Winter so far). First time today.

I built several "tiki torch" on my map. I destroyed the one in my camp (hence the items next to me on the screen shot), but i'm still freezing and the thermal stone doesn't warm up.

Looks like if i go away from my camp and build a fire somwhere "in the wild", i'm warming up and the thermal stone as well.

Anyone knows a cool mod which does the same thing as the "always on tiki torch" to replace it ?

post-478010-0-69766500-1414949753_thumb.