Reign of Giants - April 24 Patch Notes

Bryce

So cooling hats were nerfed, what about warming hats?  I used to be able to go out with a thermal stone and a winter hat, but now I'm freezing pretty quickly, sometimes before the thermal stone cools off.  Maybe the thermal stone got nerfed?  I haven't been able to heat it to orange yet, no matter how big the fire is.

You need to stand really close to the fire when it is at maximum strength to heat it up at maximum temperature. No changes were made to winter hats, they still give the same amout of insulation. Are you playing as Webber ? Because apparently until the next update, his beard is not giving any cold insulation, which might explain why you freeze faster than before. This change will be readjusted in an upcoming update (see http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/35532-webbers-beard-no-longer-provides-insulation/ )

Why were you using "force attack (mod)" to fight a terrorbeak? all you need is "do attack".

I'm playing with a Xbox 360 controller, and by default the attack button works like the "force attack" key it seems. I will try to bind the "attack" key instead.

I'm playing with a Xbox 360 controller, and by default the attack button works like the "force attack" key it seems. I will try to bind the "attack" key instead.

I edited my post a while ago, it appears to be a mechanic with normal attack. Bug or not I'm not certain. It does make bringing Chester (extra storage) less palatable if you're going to end up in combat. He's much better for collecting.

Archived