Your base!...After it gets destroyed!

Do you give up  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Do you decide to say "f*ck it all" and basically go nuts and kill yourself? Or do you try and create a new base and start all over?

• Yes! F*ck that noise (Giants/Summer)
    • No! I keep on rolling (Start a new base)

Alt + F4, doesn't save your game, reloads your last saved moment. Like a rewind function.

It's cheap though.

I've done this before and it brought me back about half a day or so, which was enough for me to run from my base but the dragonfly/smoldering buildings still occurred once I returned. xD 

Am I the only one that retreats to an area far from his base when he hears giant's growling?
By the way, I always have two bases: a main camp and a summer camp. When my main camp is destroyed I can always go to live in my summer one and rebuild it later.

At the risk of sounding wishy-washy, I wish there was an option to vote "it depends".

I've been known to rage-quit. I've been known to sigh and rebuild, and I've had the character kill themselves in spectacular ways while trying to get revenge for the destroyed base.

But I always, eventually, build another world and try again.

So my vote is ... It depends!

Am I the only one that retreats to an area far from his base when he hears giant's growling?

By the way, I always have two bases: a main camp and a summer camp. When my main camp is destroyed I can always go to live in my summer one and rebuild it later.

i just stay away from my base altogether. bring snow chester with me, from all the food i harvested during springs amazing growth rate, with farms. unless the stupid frog rain takes over your base.

After my base gets destroyed I hunt down the tyrant who did it and get veangence!

QUAPLA!

But seriously, after investing all the time and effort into making a home for my character I feel like I should go down with it. This type of thinking also means that my base is never destroyed by anything other then a boss, it would be pretty embarassing if it went down from smoldering...

After my base gets destroyed I hunt down the tyrant who did it and get veangence!

QUAPLA!

But seriously, after investing all the time and effort into making a home for my character I feel like I should go down with it. This type of thinking also means that my base is never destroyed by anything other then a boss, it would be pretty embarassing if it went down from smoldering...

Hehe, it's kinda the same for me. Generally, when a giant is too close, I die trying to protect my base. But generally, my base is near a savana full of beefaloes, and I use them as bodyguards.

QUAPLA!

My base has went down from smoldering before.... (Long story)

Alt + F4, doesn't save your game, reloads your last saved moment. Like a rewind function.

It's cheap though.

Might as well play with cheat mods.In fact, why even play at all? Just use console to spawn everything and make a nice base and then set the days to1000. There, you win

I only rebuild once at max; if my second base gets destroyed shortly after the first one, I just let my character commit sudoku. Or, if I can manage, I flee the map through the potato.

Sudoku LOOOOOOL

I think you meant Seppuku :p

Might as well play with cheat mods.In fact, why even play at all? Just use console to spawn everything and make a nice base and then set the days to1000. There, you win

Alt +f4 doesn't really prevent anything, honestly. If the game had decided that Hounds were going to attack in five minutes, they're going to attack in five minutes regardless of how many times you've alt+f4'd back to that save state.

In regards to the console, yes, that option is there and maybe some people do use it for aesthetic purposes. (Personally I use it in scrap save files just to see how certain things act and all that) But really now, is it really "winning" the game if you console in a nice base and skip to day 1000? Or is it winning when you've defeated the Ancient Guardian with only your fists? I think that's why the option is there. If people want to use it, they can, but having used it to spawn in things, it gets old fast and just boring as part of the fun is scrounging around for things yourself. 

At least in my experience. 

everyone is different. no two people are the same. some people have surrounded the deerclops with explosives. wilson has. 

I generally try to run far from my base as soon as I hear them. But sometimes when using a tent or a sleeping item, the giants can instantly spawn near you without the "growl" warning due to the time that is taken from sleeping. Had this happen with the dragonfly. I should start building multiple bases xD

I mostly trying to rebuild a camp. But only time when it gets destroyed, is when something really bad happens, so I most likely got killed with my base. Actually, I always wanted more disasters, that force you to change your placing.

Archived