I have a question...

Jet

Maybe. Maybe not.

Would you like more DLC?

I honestly wouldn't like to spend anymore money on this game, thank you very much.

Absolutely, I would love to have more!

I wouldn't mind spending money on DS, I rarely spend money on games anyway, this is an awesome game so why not?

Maybe. Maybe not.

Would you like more DLC?

I honestly wouldn't like to spend anymore money on this game, thank you very much.

As a guy who almost never spends money on games, I'd like to state that I would spend any amount of money for Don't Starve and DLCs for it. This is the only game that makes me scream: SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEH!!!

While I understand the fact that YOU might not have the same opinion, the hours played/ $ spent ratio is amazing.

While I understand the fact that YOU might not have the same opinion, the hours played/ $ spent ratio is amazing.

It's not that I don't trust the quality of their content, I'm just against DLC.

I'd rather not discuss my reasoning, it's slightly complicated. Long story short, I'd rather play new games with unique concepts. I honestly don't like sticking to one game for very long, it's just the way I am.

It's not that I don't trust the quality of their content, I'm just against DLC.

I'd rather not discuss my reasoning, it's slightly complicated. Long story short, I'd rather play new games with unique concepts. I honestly don't like sticking to one game for very long, it's just the way I am.

You're different...

I would easily buy more DLC for DS. That said, I dont really know how to get too much stuff into the game without it becoming too convoluted. Maybe some other level AFTER ruins or new creatures spawn after you do a certain "mission", maybe even a new (or extended) adventure mode

I would easily buy more DLC for DS. That said, I dont really know how to get too much stuff into the game without it becoming too convoluted. Maybe some other level AFTER ruins or new creatures spawn after you do a certain "mission", maybe even a new (or extended) adventure mode

True...hmm...someone spoke of a Mad Science thingy? how does that sound?

I would love more DLC, but I'd say a full-fletched sequel might be an even better option. There's still a lot of unexplained plot points in the game's story, and there also isn't a satisfying ending to it yet. Whether further elaboration on the story is done through DLC or a sequel doesn't matter too much to me. Whatever the case, both story and gameplay-wise, there's still a lot of untapped potential in this game. I would love to see more of it.

I wouldn't mind for more expansion packs to the game but I think a full fledged squeal to the game would be alot better.

I'm curious why people think a sequel would be better.  I normally think of sequels as taking advantage of new game engines, or introducing and revamping mechanics in a major way.  Or for highly storyline driven games.   But I don't think DS would benefit from a different engine, and it's barely storyline driven at all really.   But for those that like the little amount of storyline we have, I don't see why they couldn't introduce new storyline points in DLC.  So what is it that makes a sequel superior to a DLC in peoples' minds?

I don't mind them adding more packs honestly. In fact I would love even more content to this game. Klei put alot of work into what they make so im sure either would be fine. My only concern with them adding more expansions is that will people keep paying for them even if they add more content. Say like if they make 3 more, new people to the game would see that they need to pay 15 or 20 dollars in dlc to get the "full" game. Which might just discourage sales.

My only concern with them adding more expansions is that will people keep paying for them even if they add more content. Say like if they make 3 more, new people to the game would see that they need to pay 15 or 20 dollars in dlc to get the "full" game. Which might just discourage sales.

Very true.  Although I imagine that at some point the game just gets bundled with the DLC for a lower price.  But I'm sure Klei is very aware of this issue, and will take it in consideration.  The flip side is, if they make a sequel 'DSII' but they only add a DLC's worth of content, people might be a bit upset.  I'm at a point where $5 is hardly anything to me, so they've got my business in either case.

Ya, that's what I'm hoping for.  That and an escalating challenge for the late game.

That challenge for a late game is something most of us wants. I remember an apocalypse idea from the forums before and it was good in my opinion. 

I've only seen this used in one certain mob collab but you know how at the end of adventure mode you kill Maxwell but get stuck in the chair? That and Maxwell's greeting are cutscenes. The only mod that has pulled off cutscenes is the "Up Up and Away" collab with the shopkeeper.

Edit: The reason why I posted this is because it's rarely used and deserves acknowledgment for DLC.

As for lower levels of caves, Klei mentioned that they would work on Lava Caves and some of the gems would be found in there but was turned down for some reason.

Archived