Defeated my First Giant Today...

Today is a great day i have killed my first giant (in reign of giants i'm not counting deerclops because he has changed due to reign of giants). Bearger. Only 3 more to go. I killed him in a two day long battle that ended in a close fight but a victory on my part (I am playing as Webber and it is day 50 started in spring cause i'm a bad ass like that).

He confronted me while i was exploring the southern part of the map i happened to have a full log suit a tentacle spike, one boomerang, and a fire staff at 35% (i had found it in a set piece the one that is like an old beefalo pin i harmed the chest to get it out safely). I hit him a few times with my tentacle spike but i knew this wouldn't work for i only brought one on me and it was at 80%. It just so happened that to get to the southern part of the map you have to pass through a tentacle set piece the spiral one with many tentacles. I lured him into it and mad sure he got attacked by a few of the tentacles. I then started hitting him with my fire staff but i was careful i didn't want his thick luxurious fur to burn.

Night came and he was still chasing me i barely had time to make a torch. I used the last bit of my fire staff to distract him while i made some more. He got distracted and unagroed me. So I made a fire and waited till morning. In the morning i hit him a few times with the boomerang then made a run for the swamp far north. I made it north just before dusk and lured him into a few tentacles before he finally died.

When he died about 2 dozen bees came out of his stomach and killed the tentacles near his stuff making it easy to get.  

Finale stats: Hunger doesn't matter, Sanity 66, Health 12 my armor down to 66%

Tell me some of your interesting stories of battles with the giants and give me some tips to fighting the other giants and tell me what i should do with my thick luxurious fur.

Did you enjoy the giant fight?

very much it was one of the most exciting things i have ever experienced in dont starve and the feeling after i had killed him was great i saw the summer giant but i wasnt ready to fight him so i just escaped him

The first time I fought and killed a giant was on day 13 when I decided to start in Autumn. Luckily I was in a swamp biome at the time when the Bearger spawned and I basically hit him and led him into tentacles and had him smash down merm houses so the merms would attack him. 

Whenever the Bearger killed off a group of tentacles or a merm house I would hit him before he ate all the food and lead him into more tentacles and merm houses. It only took a good portion of the day and I went back to my base with 5 tentacle spikes, a stack of monster meat, a few tentacle spots, a good amount of fish and frog legs, and a hibearnation vest (this was before when Klei had the giants drop the item instead of the material to make the item)

Unfortunately the next day when I was foraging for grass, I decided to make an extra torch since my old one was low on durability. Before I realized it, a pig guardian attacked and killed me for getting to close to his stupid pig torch off screen guarding nothing (It once was a small grass field, but lightning struck it when I passed by it the first time and the whole thing burned down.) I guess karma can be cruel sometimes :/

My first Giant fight, oh boy, was with dragonfly. It lasted for 3 days because I lured it to a killer bee mine and it obliterated everything in its path. I had to man up with only a grass suit and a spear, and thank god did the bees take out most of his health. To make matter worse, the bearger came 2 days after dragonfly. I died twice since he had that teleport ability a while ago and I ended up teleporting to another world.In my second world, I encountered three giants in one year. However, things went a bit smoothly this time around. As I geared up with hambat and a log suit, I made quick work with them. 

After you know their attack patterns, you can basically kill them without taking any damage. The truth is, hambat becomes really useful in RoG as you can kill any giants without switching weapon. Frequent beefalo mating season also means you can abuse herding and make more hambat. 

My first Giant fight, oh boy, was with dragonfly. It lasted for 3 days because I lured it to a killer bee mine and it obliterated everything in its path. I had to man up with only a grass suit and a spear, and thank god did the bees take out most of his health. To make matter worse, the bearger came 2 days after dragonfly. I died twice since he had that teleport ability a while ago and I ended up teleporting to another world.In my second world, I encountered three giants in one year. However, things went a bit smoothly this time around. As I geared up with hambat and a log suit, I made quick work with them.

After you know their attack patterns, you can basically kill them without taking any damage. The truth is, hambat becomes really useful in RoG as you can kill any giants without switching weapon. Frequent beefalo mating season also means you can abuse herding and make more hambat.

Or u can kill a werepig and get just enough materials, except the two twigs, needed for a hambat...

My first (and yet only) giant fight was pretty short, because a huge treeguard spawned at the same time as the Bearger, so that I was able to let them fight against each other after the giant killed 10 beefalos at once wirh only one hit :o. The Treeguard won, not aggroed me and walked away :)

But I fear the next fight will be much harder

Today is a great day i have killed my first giant (in reign of giants i'm not counting deerclops because he has changed due to reign of giants). Bearger. Only 3 more to go. I killed him in a two day long battle that ended in a close fight but a victory on my part (I am playing as Webber and it is day 50 started in spring cause i'm a bad ass like that).

He confronted me while i was exploring the southern part of the map i happened to have a full log suit a tentacle spike, one boomerang, and a fire staff at 35% (i had found it in a set piece the one that is like an old beefalo pin i harmed the chest to get it out safely). I hit him a few times with my tentacle spike but i knew this wouldn't work for i only brought one on me and it was at 80%. It just so happened that to get to the southern part of the map you have to pass through a tentacle set piece the spiral one with many tentacles. I lured him into it and mad sure he got attacked by a few of the tentacles. I then started hitting him with my fire staff but i was careful i didn't want his thick luxurious fur to burn.

Night came and he was still chasing me i barely had time to make a torch. I used the last bit of my fire staff to distract him while i made some more. He got distracted and unagroed me. So I made a fire and waited till morning. In the morning i hit him a few times with the boomerang then made a run for the swamp far north. I made it north just before dusk and lured him into a few tentacles before he finally died.

When he died about 2 dozen bees came out of his stomach and killed the tentacles near his stuff making it easy to get.  

Finale stats: Hunger doesn't matter, Sanity 66, Health 12 my armor down to 66%

Tell me some of your interesting stories of battles with the giants and give me some tips to fighting the other giants and tell me what i should do with my thick luxurious fur.

Okay, looking at how much effort and pain you went throught; I think Giants doesn't need to be more powerful anymore.

I just killed my bearger by leading him to the 5 tree guards at Maxwell's door. This was before the F&F update. Only giant I've encountered. Unfortunately I died to 2 McTusks that winter. I killed one and his tooth dropped into the ocean. Then I went for the other two. Got the first one but my armor was pretty much gone. Second McTusk (or third, whatever) got me with one blowdart. D:  

*clap clap clap* Good for you!

Also a tip for easy kills on giants: Blow Darts.

Side Effects Include: Boredom, Farming, Hassle, Aggravation, Catcoons, and Time Consuming.

Before using Blow Darts, you should talk with your Chester to make sure Blow Darts are right for you. 

Do not inhale Blow Darts, ingest Blow Darts, or use with Sleep Darts.

Blow Darts maybe be hazardous to your health, and should be used with caution. 

Side Effects Include: Boredom, Farming, Hassle, Aggravation, Catcoons, and Time Consuming.

Before using Blow Darts, you should talk with your Chester to make sure Blow Darts are right for you. 

Do not inhale Blow Darts, ingest Blow Darts, or use with Sleep Darts.

Blow Darts maybe be hazardous to your health, and should be used with caution. 

You are just the man we are looking for, we need you to give the "side effects" portion of our new commercial for "Gloomer's GoopTM"

*clap clap clap* Good for you!

Also a tip for easy kills on giants: Blow Darts.

that was my plan i was going to make some to deal with any giants that i happened to cross paths with but i didnt have any ready i was just exploring besides i had alot of fun doing this

I can now cross off deerclops on my to kill list. He was a much easier fight for i was ready for him again i was exploring and he came for me i had a few fire darts and several tentacle spikes so after much fighting and the help of a few tentacles i killed him but at the cost of losing my goddamn mind. he was easy to kite because i understood his attack patterns after a few trial and errors. 

I defeated the Moose giant yesterday for the first time. I didn't lift a finger though, it came just after a massive frog rain and spawned right between two big beefalo herds and a field containing half a dozen bee hives containing spring's killer bees. That put two stacks of hams and froglegs each in my fridge :)

I died however when I went to investigate the electrical egg with a hammer. Damn those moslings are persistent. >_<

I encountered Varg (not a giant, but I'll get to that) very early on my first time playing RoG, which was difficult enough since I was not prepared for any tough fights when I was just expecting a Koalefant, though managed to survive thanks to a herd of Beefalo to help deal with the hounds.

Then a few days later encountered Bearger, which I was certainly not ready for considering this was still real early (proabably about Day 10?) So I spent about 2 days running from it before it finally stopped chasing me.

Coming across Varg and Bearger so early, needless to say I was pretty excited for what else RoG held. Though I ended up dying on that save, and unfortunately my next one didn't have any giants for almost 2 years, then I had all 4 of them in the third year, so that was good fun.

The Moose was especially interesting, as WX-78, since fighting the Moslings gets you struck by lightning so very much.

None of my fights have been nearly that exciting. But I just killed the Goose for the first time... sort of.

After steering clear of the Bearger in Autumn, it was high time for me to deal with one of these giants by spring. When I noticed it was about to spawn, I ran to the rocky spider biome, hoping that would take off a good chunk of the giants health. But I wasn't ready for battle yet, so I came back the next day.

5oDHu1B.jpg

The Goose had made its nest right next to a spider nest... I guess they're not very bright.

All I could do was watch as the poor thing was torn apart by an endless swarm of spiders. Soon there was only some down feathers and a gigantic egg left.

I returned later to find the egg had hatched, and the moslings and the spiders were getting along amicably. They all wanted to kill me though, and I did what any self respecting Don't Starve veteran would do if they only had a worn down tentacle to work with. I ran.

Unfortunately the moslings wouldn't give up. I only had about 3 of them after me, so after I had figured out their attack pattern, I fought back. My only weapon was about to break, so I ran back to my base. Grabbing a spare tentacle spike from a chest, I made short work of the remaining moslings.

I think the other ones got murdered by some bees they provoked. I feel pretty sorry for these giants. They're kind of sad and probably endangered.

Archived