Giant locations.

Giants Spawn   

89 members have voted

1. 1. Should Giants Spawn be Player positioning based or Biome specific? (adding a sense of "hunting" for them)

• Yes, I like this change
    • No, I like it as is
    • I don't like it as is, but this doesn't work for me either

Yeah, this stemmed really off topic with the Bearger charge. 

What i've seen so far is the 50/50 split of people liking as is and others liking the new concept. 

I figure the Giant patching should stay the same. 

A few people have given really good reasons as to the truer nature of Giants and bosses in the game, and I have to wholly agree with them. 

I do really like the idea of a unprecedented terror in each area and actually hunting once the pattern is learned, after a person becomes so familiar with this mystery land that it is no longer a mystery. But from the poll I don't feel a change should be made. 

Thanks everyone for the comments, votes, and everything else! 

Maybe at sometime we can hunt something else!

Now this is a post I agree with. A new terror in each biome would be a great addition :D

I like the randomness of a giant attacks as it keeps the player on their toes.

On the other hand, it sucks when you really want to fight a giant and no giant ever shows up. Sure, someone could set all the giants to Lots, but maybe there could be other things one could do that would help increase the odds of a 3 story visitor? Apparently birchnuts attract or will eventually help attract dragonflies... maybe having mass quantities of a particular food item will help increase the odds of a particular giant stomping along?

There was this one time when I just found Deerclops in the wild.  He was surprisingly chill.  Didn't pick fight's with anyone or demolished anything.  Didn't know if that was a glitch, but I found it interesting.  They mostly spawn to hunt you, but there could still be a chance to find them walking about.

I kind of would agree with one AND the other! It'd be awesome if the giants would only spawn and near the end of the Seasons only if you're in a specific biome, say Goose in Savana, Deerclops in Rocky area, Bearger in the Woods or in Decidous forest and Dragonfly in the Desert, but... I kind of also like it as it is.

And thanks to this forum, I just had an idea!

The idea of Giants is the potential threat to your environment, (potential) structures included. Changing this changes the whole hostility dynamic of adaption they were created for.

As noted, we now have 9 biomes. What's to stop a player from turtling in a safe biome and never having to fight them until too OP to matter? Nothing.

For this fist-waving at them as they demolish my base if unprepared reason, I will ask the status stay the same. 

Archived