Your Greatest RoG mistakes

I remember there was some thread like that about the vanilla game, but I think there should be one for the DLC too.
I'll start with simply: I put all the giants on lots
by day 41(seasons on long, so it was still winter) there were the Bearger, Deerclops and Dragonfly(and maybe Goose in the distance) wrecking my village and home... I didn't live long(neither did the pigs)

I decided it was a good idea to go murder the nearby beehives during dusk, my armor (was playing as Wigfrid though) broke, my spear had 3% durability, and 14 spiders along with 3 spider warriors chasing me at night. I had only 1 log on me, so it was a good thing the night was pretty short. Lived because i had like 9 healing salves by now plus Wigfrid's health and sanity regen for killing things.

Started in spring and knew dragonfly was going to be difficult for me playing as Wickerbottom. So i made sure to farm up some blue azure feathers using the books and farmed the hound mounds for the teeth so i had my stack of 20 darts (figured this was eoough). Unfortunately using the force attack a few lovely troll birds landed close to me so i wasted more than a few darts.

lets just say i died laughing and swinging =)

i finished him off when i revived at one of the touch stones i found. 

I decided it was a good idea to go murder the nearby beehives during dusk, my armor (was playing as Wigfrid though) broke, my spear had 3% durability, and 14 spiders along with 3 spider warriors chasing me at night. I had only 1 log on me, so it was a good thing the night was pretty short. Lived because i had like 9 healing salves by now plus Wigfrid's health and sanity regen for killing things.

beehives?

so you attacked the beehives.... then from where the spiders came?

After finishing off the beehives, it was really close to night and i had made my base close to some tier 2 spider dens for easy silk, spider glands, and monster meat.

They are not hard to defeat when dusk comes unless you can't make another piece of armor and your current one is very low on durability.

I lived only because of the 1 log i had on me plus a torch i had.

Had to run around the fire pit through the whole night, retreated from base when day came, and came back after making armor and finished them off with very little effort.

Basically, at dusk and night spiders come out of the dens.

My biggest mistake was building all my bee boxes in a pig village. By summer, the whole place burned down in flames over a mosaic of hundreds of bee stingers. I didn't get much honey from them during the Spring either. ;=;

Oh, and not realising that endo-fires requires fekking tech 2...

1) Night in the summer

One of my drying racks start burning down. So I run and turn on my ice flingomatic. Drying rack fire is out out, as was my fire pit!

Luckily I had a torch and was able to turn off the ice flingomatic and restart the fire.

2) following some tracks and found a warg.

Ran away before it noticed me, so it didn't spawn hounds or chase me.

However I then spent the entire of winter and half of spring without any other tracks, didn't realise that I had to kill it to get the next set of tracks.

The greatest mistakes I've made were

1.) Going to the ruins and found out that it is somewhat bugged and can change winter into summer (that's an actual bug)

2.) Forgetting to put ice flingomatics at my so my chests and most of the things in my base were burnt down (like a shadow manipulator)

Positioning all of Webber's spider nests close to each other like this:

m5CuZyT.jpg

Spider queens. Spider queens everywhere. I did not get a single spider den back when they all transformed due to how close they were.

That is one Hell of a rave you've got going on there.

Mine would be hearing the Deerclops as it was late dusk as I was running back to my camp. I was nearly freezing and needed food (I had jerky but I like to use that when I'm out and about instead) and I misjudged how long he took to spawn.

He ransacked my entire camp and stayed in it for about four days until I managed to scrounge together enough resources to punt him out. 

How I actually survived that I don't really know. 

He also wiped out an entire Beefalo herd and now I have forty pieces of meat that I honestly have no idea what to do with. 

Flipping freeloader.

I think it's a tie between my first encounter with the dragonfly and me thinking, "I melee'd 2 of them down no problem so far! Hi-ho spear and log suit away!" and when I first unlocked Webber and decided it would nice to try to make a main camp in a birchnut tree forest because it was so pretty. I suspected birchnut guards would be a thing, I didn't expect 4 of them all around me in the dead of night.

Archived