So killing Ice hounds will now freeze you in place...

The way I see it, there are 2 solutions to this. Either make fire hounds and ice hounds do their respective elemental damage when attacking, or fire hounds should set you on fire when they perish (similar to dragonfly). I vote for the latter. Also, you get unfrozen after being hit, so I don't really see how this can be so death inducing for the people posting here.

The way I see it, there are 2 solutions to this. Either make fire hounds and ice hounds do their respective elemental damage when attacking, or fire hounds should set you on fire when they perish (similar to dragonfly). I vote for the latter. Also, you get unfrozen after being hit, so I don't really see how this can be so death inducing for the people posting here.

It still warrants some pretty cheap deaths even if you get unfrozen after being hit, notably during large hound attacks when a lot of damage can hit you at the same time and it would not matter if you get unfrozen. I lost a Webber world at low health from killing an icehound and then having MacTusk finish me off while I was frozen, combined with taking freezing damage.

If we want to keep some posthumous factors to icehounds, I think another solution would to be to make it so that Ice Hounds decrease your temperature greatly (To the first stage of freezing, perhaps) after killing them, instead of disabling you.

I actually loved this change more than I can describe. It does lots of fun things, such as freeze all the normal hounds, the Wee MacTusk, pigs and other things. It's hilarious.

Old blue hounds were a pushover, and making the attack freeze you does bad things with stun locking. The explosion forces you to run around as it wears off or use a strong range weapon for a second kill. I find it easily manageable. For MacTusk I kill 1 hound, the 2nd almost always gets distracted and eats the meat while I kill MacTusk, then I finish the 2nd. So far though I've only had to fight 4 max, I imagine someone picking up a free ice staff will have alot of fun.

I also think it's fairly balanced against the red hounds, since their explosion can spread to everything around you if you weren't careful. Basically, like everything, it catches you off guard the first time, but once I learned what it was I adapted nicely.

I actually loved this change more than I can describe. It does lots of fun things, such as freeze all the normal hounds, the Wee MacTusk, pigs and other things. It's hilarious.

Old blue hounds were a pushover, and making the attack freeze you does bad things with stun locking. The explosion forces you to run around as it wears off or use a strong range weapon for a second kill. I find it easily manageable. For MacTusk I kill 1 hound, the 2nd almost always gets distracted and eats the meat while I kill MacTusk, then I finish the 2nd. So far though I've only had to fight 4 max, I imagine someone picking up a free ice staff will have alot of fun.

I also think it's fairly balanced against the red hounds, since their explosion can spread to everything around you if you weren't careful. Basically, like everything, it catches you off guard the first time, but once I learned what it was I adapted nicely.

Agree x10

Maybe you should be able to break out faster by keyboard mashing? I know some other games have used that sort of thing. 

Though I do know if your timing is correct you can deliver the final hit and run away while just being a little blue instead of a block. I haven't quite figured it out but I have done it at least once or twice. 

This is a great thing to add. Sadly, it doesn't latter for hound waves if you have a tooth trap field set up, as most everyone does by the time the hounds get to be numerous enough to stunlock you.

After some testing, Ice Hounds can actually still freeze you even when killed by toothtraps if you're close enough.

After some testing, Ice Hounds can actually still freeze you even when killed by toothtraps if you're close enough.

I never let them get close anyways. A long corridor packed with traps kills hounds like magic when they stop to bark.

Archived