Mating Season For Volt Goats!

Jet

I've looked at the code, and they have a herd file just like the beefalo. It says it should be making a baby volt goat every 1.5-2 days (same values as for beefalo), although since there's no baby in the files I imagine it appears as an adult.

It looks like they don't have the "mood" component, which is what beefalo use for "mating season". So I guess that's why they don't spawn yet?

I agree with you. Milk is for feeding babies not an inheritance... So, we need baby goats and different way to obtain milk!  

Maybe we could milk them the same way as shaving a Beefalo! 

I definately agree with this and catcoons. Both should mate and let us repopulate our dwindling numbers.

I agree with the catcoon mating season as well! It would be bad if we run out.

Maybe we could milk them the same way as shaving a Beefalo! 

I think the way to obtain milk should be different from beefalo shaving. We should milk them only in mating season because it is for babies. We can use night time to milk them but it should be only in mating season or when they have babies. Just my opinion

I definately agree with this and catcoons. Both should mate and let us repopulate our dwindling numbers.

I like the idea catcoon can reproduce but I think it needs some changes...

They are coded to fight each other, so if they have babies they may kill their own children. It should be deleted for reproduction. And I think catcoon hollow is the other problem. More catcoon hollows will be needed for new catcoons. It probably makes our worlds messy.

If these problems can be solved, I like the idea. If not, I preper having infinite respawn time but loger delay to having reproduction system. Or we can have recipe for catcoon den like pig house.

I think the way to obtain milk should be different from beefalo shaving. We should milk them only in mating season because it is for babies. We can use night time to milk them but it should be only in mating season or when they have babies. Just my opinion

I agree with that, we only milk them during mating season! That way we won't have an overabundance of milk either. 

If only we could craft a bucket by itself.  then we could use it as an ingredient for bucket of poop, use it to get water from frog ponds to cool down, use it to milk goats, and use it as a helmet.

Shouldn't we use a different bucket for poop and milk? XD

Shouldn't we use a different bucket for poop and milk? XD

Well, you can carry poop in your pocket next to tools and food, and nothing will get dirty. I don't think normal rules of hygiene apply to DS world.

Archived