Things you think that shouldn't be in the DLC only

I haven't seen anyone making a thread like this so I thought somebody should finally do it. This Thread is about things that you think should be in the normal Don't Starve too (May it be for balance fixes or whatever you think the reason is). I mean, the whole DLC is mostly about the new seasons and the Giants, but I think that some additions shouldn't be only in Reign of Giants

Well, I definitely think the varg should be in the normal Don't Starve, since I think that it's a small feature for balance and a lot of people wanted something that makes the late days of Don't starve a bit harder

The new setpieces are a nice addition to Don't Starve, but I don't see the point why they aren't in the Non-DLC Don't Starve, I mean not every setpiece needs to be in the normal Don't Starve, but I think we should have some more Chesspiece sets

Well, these were the things that I would consider to be in Don't starve. Do you guys think that some features in the DLC should be in the normal Don't Starve too? Or do you think that everything is fine how it is?

I think they should just make the amount of worlds you can have unlimited like most survival games I've played because it just allows for more fun if you get so far in a game and want to test something out but already have used all 5 save slots you pretty much either have to cheat in one world or die in a world and make a new one.

Varg being in the original game isn't a good idea because it's quite hard to kill due to hounds coming with it and plus it's basically a big hound; a small giant, so that.

What I think SHOILD be in the nornal game is Birchtrees alongside with Birch guards, but WITHOUT the decidous forest, because it kinda resembles Glommer and Glommer is part of the Bigfoot thjng which is a giant.

I also think that "giants" or rather boss monsters such as Spider Queen and Tree guard should be buffed, by having them a bit more health and special abilities, like now I discovered that Bearger can run real fast ever so often and Deerclops makes Ice strike through ground when he swipes.

I think we should have all of the DLC

Klei used to give us regular updates until recently, when they stopped for several months before selling us the DLC for $4. I think this happened because sales of Don't Starve were beginning to slack off. So they decided to milk the fanbase for a few more dollars by holding back content we would have had otherwise. 

I think DLC items should stay DLC items.

I was having a good amount of fun before the DLC and with the DLC, I get to have more fun, with additional frustration from combustion and giants whose sole purpose is to destroy everything I love.

However if one thing, I think wetness should be in the main game. There's umbrellas available and I find I rarely use them in vanilla.

Don't be spoiled children. Put the DLC content on vanilla game is just ridiculous. I don't think it's fair for the devs nor for the people who bought the DLC already.

Klei gave us months of FREE updates - which really changed the world mechanic.

Also, different chesters were added to the vanilla game, for those who don't remember.

------------

Edited:

I'd be happy if Webber and Wigfrid could be used in Non-RoG worlds.

That's not to say I don't love playing on a DLC save, though!

Now this, I think it could be possible. So, IF you have the DLC, you should be able to use these characters in Non-RoG worlds as the op said.

Giants are monsters. But even they I thunk should be nerfed on their interractions to the environment, of course. I mean destroying everything would mean they're destroying themselves, actually. I think that when they stomp the grounds and ESPECIALLY when they swipe stuff they don't make the berry bushes, grass, twigs etc go out of the ground, cause that way they're doing bad for themselves really and they're making you replant all the stuff which will then mean you always have to make sure you fertilise that stuff. It's bes it they just swipe off stuff as if the plants got cut/harvested instead of booshing them all out of the ground. And the biggest difference between Deerclops and other giants is that he attacks you even when you're quite far away just minding your own business, plus they destroy their own kind; I mean what kind of animal is that? Some kinda neutral canibal suicider? Let's call the deerclops like that, shall we; Canibal Suicider

RobotAccomplice:They said they were going to give us several months of free updates after the official release, and they did, and then they mostly stopped (apart from bugfixes) after they passed the date they had said they would.

Klei has to make money in order to keep making games, anyway. I wouldn't call this "milking the fanbase", that's ridiculous; and this is the way things have worked with many games for a long time, before DLC was ever a thing rather than just expansion packs you had to go to a store and buy. If you want a company to make you a big chunk of extra content then the company needs to actually get compensated for the work they did. (And "it would attract more customers to buy the game in the first place" is not a good enough reason, IMO, I don't think it'd have that huge of an effect)

I definitely think that nothing od the DLC should be part of the Vanilla game. It's a DLC, it has to add stuff that is not in the Vanilla game, otherwise it wouldn't be much of a DLC.

Considering I have paid much more for games I have played much less, I would totally pay 4$ (or more) for other DLCs if there are more in the future. I will always be satisfied if the DLCs add as much stuff as this one. Seriously, as much as I enjoyed Vanilla Don't Starve in the past, I would find it hard to play it again, now that I tasted what RoG has to offer (and it's not even officially released yet).

There are two different ways that RoG content could be "in the base game":

1) If you have bought RoG, the vanilla worlds include XYZ content

2) Even if you haven't bought RoG, the vanilla worlds include XYZ content

The problem with #1 is the fairly large amount of regression testing and the additional compatibility code needed to ensure everything behaves nicely. If you want to pay more for the DLC than you did for the original game, this might be possible, but I'm pretty certain Klei doesn't have any delusions that people are interested in that.

The problem with #2 is that this is the real world, not a 21st century utopia in which we are all free from the constraints of capitalism.

Klei used to give us regular updates until recently, when they stopped for several months before selling us the DLC for $4. I think this happened because sales of Don't Starve were beginning to slack off. So they decided to milk the fanbase for a few more dollars by holding back content we would have had otherwise. 

Agh, four dollars! I can't afford that snickers bar and coke I was going to get at the gas station! CURSE YOU KLEI!

I can't shake off the feeling that the RoG world is what the Don't Starve world should have been, if Klei  had continued to beef up the game that way, instead of spending the great amount of time that they did  on the caves after the launch of the game. I would have preferred it if the DS world was the RoG world, and the caves a separate and distinct DLC.

That said, I'm really happy with the DLC. It has fantastic content.

:wilson_goodjob:

After playing the RoG world, I find the vanilla game (sans caves because I have no interest at all to play in the caves) to be unchallenging. I really enjoy having the changing seasons and the new setpieces and I particularly like Wigfrid. The threat of giants is exciting. I doubt I will ever go back to playing a non-RoG game. If I wanted a more relaxing time, I'd experiment with the world customization options.

The threat of giants is exciting. I doubt I will ever go back to playing a non-RoG game. If I wanted a more relaxing time, I'd experiment with the world customization options.

I'm with ya there, it's an excellent addition to the game, basically a must have for anyone who has played and enjoyed the base game.

Spoiling food in the crockpot. That should have happened ages ago but is only in the DLC?

Stuff like this is the only things I would consider appropriate for adding to vanilla.

Ex: Rabbits starving in chests, spider followers not attacking chester, and such.

Tallbird life cycles. It was clamored for more than a year and klei then finally decided to add it in the DLC.

What I'm understanding "tallbird life cycles" to mean is egg>smallbird>teenbird>tallbird, which is in vanilla, but you already know that of course. Would you kindly expound? 

You are wrong, they said a looooong time ago that after the game there was 6 weeks? of content , and after that their would probably be DLC

Also, this DLC is more content for people that WANT to have it, because some people would find the game way too hard with the giants and the seasons.

I don't think anything from RoG should be in Vanilla. It's a question of funding Klei to continue. People who aren't buying RoG can pirate if they absolutely desire, but they and those who simply aren't buying RoG aren't aiding the continuation of Don't Starve. You want more patches? Support Klei then - they don't work for Food Coupons. 

Archived