Feasting and Forging - April 16, 2014

Bryce

• Developer

Here are the patch notes for our April 16, 2014 update. As with the previous updates, the additions we made to the game have been deliberately left vague.

Changes:

• Tweaked visual effects for overheating.
  • Changed the placer icon of the Ice Flingomatic to better represent the effective range.
  • Giants are more powerful in general.
  • Changed giant loot into crafting mats instead of completed items.
  • Made changes to the items that can be crafted with the giant's crafting materials.
    • Dragonfly Armour now doesn't provide as much protection. Enemies who hit you will be lit on fire.
    • Down Thermantidote is now called the Luxury Fan. Increased number of uses to 15. Fires in the area of use will be put out.
    • Hibearnation Vest causes less hunger reduction.
    • Eyebrella is now a hat.

Additions:

• Added additional craftables!
  • Added cookpot food recipes!

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed a crash that happened when cookpots and drying racks burn down with food on them.
  • Cleaned up some Catcoon behaviours and crashes.
  • Cleaned up the behaviours and animations of some of the giants.
  • Fixed a crash that happened when using gunpowder on the g/Goose egg.
  • Fixed improper eat prompts appearing for some characters.
  • Moles aren't raised dirt anymore.
  • Pigs have gained a taste for foods they would previously ignore.
  • Fixed some bugs with Webber's eating habits.
  • Buzzards no longer disappear when sleeping.
  • Vargs no longer use the Volt Goat hit sound.
  • Dragonfly SFX will now turn off on death.
  • Spiders emerging from tumble weed will now properly recognize when the player is wearing a spider hat.
  • Wilson's "Red Bird" inspect has been changed.
  • Poop no longer duplicates when trying to fertilize an invalid target.
  • Sanity eyes have learned to better hide themselves.

Hotfix 99777 - April 16

• Items dropped from giants now stack to 10.
  • Coontail has art assets properly loaded.
  • Eating sanity restoring foods properly restores sanity again.

Hotfix 99845 - April 17

• Added missing string for Cactus Flower.
  • Turned off the controller debug menu.
  • Fixed an issue where Chester would not transform while playing a non-RoG save file.
  • The Molehat no longer functions when worn by entities other than the player.
  • Added some missing file references.
  • Removed some print spam from the Deerclops brain. 

Wow ! Thank you for this update ! Everything seems so exciting ! Can't wait to make that new insulated pack ! =)

I have a question, however: are the new ''webber's eating habits'' supposed to not give him sanity back ? I noticed he didn't seem to gain sanity back from some food (cooked green cap, honey nuggets). Maybe the bug is back :o

The moggles are completely ridiculous, I love em'. Also, 1 Goose/Moose was not enough to create a luxury fan, is this intentional so that we have a motive to try to kill them? I do not know if the other giants always drop enough for their craftables.

EDIT: It appears that all the other main craftables only use 1 of their giants respective drop, so the Goose/Moose is the only one we might need to kill several of.

EDIT AGAIN: Has anyone seen catcoons dropping coon tails? I slaughtered a very large number of catcoons yet I got no coon tails.

• Developer

Wow ! Thank you for this update ! Everything seems so exciting ! Can't wait to make that new insulated pack ! =)

I have a question, however: are the new ''webber's eating habits'' supposed to not give him sanity back ? I noticed he didn't seem to gain sanity back from some food (cooked green cap, honey nuggets). Maybe the bug is back :o

Yeah, looks like we had some versioning issues. Thanks for the report!

Archived