Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

22winston

What Does Your Base Look Like?

emerphish    242

If you put them down during the dusk or day, they disappear.

But they don't disappear at night.

good I'm not a total idiot then.

JanH    6,698

That's a thing????

It's a thing; there was a player at PAX East who survived a night without a torch or a campfire. He kept stepping into firefly lights and would move to a different ones when the fireflies get scared off. 

The people watching him performed a slow clap in awe.

emerphish    242

It's a thing; there was a player at PAX East who survived a night without a torch or a campfire. He kept stepping into firefly lights and would move to a different ones when the fireflies get scared off. 

Wow, that is a really good idea... Especially due to how many worlds I've lost because I can't find any fuel.

22winston    46

wow o.o thats amazing XD

jamblock    3

I dropped a chain of fireflies from my base fire pit to my tooth trap field fire pit so that I can navigate there with ease and safety if hounds come in the night. It's an incredibly useful little trick.

22winston    46

I dropped a chain of fireflies from my base fire pit to my tooth trap field fire pit so that I can navigate there with ease and safety if hounds come in the night. It's an incredibly useful little trick.

Mhm useful indeed 

mrtwoface    80

I have finally unraveled the secrets of how to attach images! It probably shouldn't have taken me this long...

post-222126-0-52051700-1398538384_thumb.I got pretty lucky with my map generation. I have my very own little peninsula to call home, easily defendable and just all around fun. 

post-222126-0-10612900-1398538094_thumb.This is my current base. As you can see, some pengulls have decided to make my wonderfully fertile gardens their nesting place. It's alright though, I have some plans for them next winter

:willow:

post-222126-0-25790100-1398538212_thumb. This is my developing pig village, made mainly from hammered pig houses (sorry Pig King!) 

I am planning to make a cobblestone road down to my base that goes past the pig village. It will let me get places faster and look neat.

Tell me whatcha think! I haven't put much decoration stuff in yet so it is kind of plain, but I like decorating so I will probably post an updated version sometime. 

22winston    46

I have finally unraveled the secrets of how to attach images! It probably shouldn't have taken me this long...

attachicon.gif2014-04-26_00003.jpgI got pretty lucky with my map generation. I have my very own little peninsula to call home, easily defendable and just all around fun. 

attachicon.gif2014-04-26_00002.jpgThis is my current base. As you can see, some pengulls have decided to make my wonderfully fertile gardens their nesting place. It's alright though, I have some plans for them next winter

:willow:

attachicon.gif2014-04-26_00004.jpg This is my developing pig village, made mainly from hammered pig houses (sorry Pig King!) 

I am planning to make a cobblestone road down to my base that goes past the pig village. It will let me get places faster and look neat.

Tell me whatcha think! I haven't put much decoration stuff in yet so it is kind of plain, but I love doing that so I will probably post an updated version sometime. 

lol really nice man.

emerphish    242

Ok I finally worked out posting pics. Just look at the album, I won't link every picture. http://imgur.com/a/hHChI#0 Right now I am almost at day 300, only thing that has changed is wall repairs and 11 bee boxes with unrealistic amounts of flowers.

EDIT: forgot to say, the wall is for keeping the beefalo and rock lobsters separate.

emerphish    242

Best base ever.

? it sucks... whatever I'll take a compliment.

Best base ever.

? it sucks... whatever I'll take a compliment.

GunsToSpare    7

My base is still a work in progress, Planning to add 10 jerky racks, 10 or crock pots, 6  improved farms, add a few more rows of flowers, a wall, a rabbit hut spider farm, some houndious shootius, and a Warzone for hounds and Deerclops

Edit: Here is a very quick and small vid of my base right now https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=628668183877336&l=4518339043030494651 Wait like 4 secs and it will get out of a black screen

NeoDeusMachina    262

My base is still a work in progress, Planning to add 10 jerky racks, 10 or crock pots, 6  improved farms, add a few more rows of flowers, a wall, a rabbit hut spider farm, some houndious shootius, and a Warzone for hounds and Deerclops

Edit: Here is a very quick and small vid of my base right now https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=628668183877336&l=4518339043030494651 Wait like 4 secs and it will get out of a black screen

Nice! Reminds me of the huge bases I used to build back in vanilla Don't Starve =) I noticed you are playing on console, so unfortunately you don't have access to RoG yet =( You will probably discover that with RoG, we need to be a bit more modest on base building, which is a good thing!

emerphish    242

My base would suck more if i got that far.

Honestly, I have seen far better bases in a much shorter time. To be fair to myself, that world is the first one I have ever had to get past day 100.

GunsToSpare    7

Nice! Reminds me of the huge bases I used to build back in vanilla Don't Starve =) I noticed you are playing on console, so unfortunately you don't have access to RoG yet =( You will probably discover that with RoG, we need to be a bit more modest on base building, which is a good thing!

I got the beta for pc but my pc is old so it lags on don't starve sadly so I play on console. A developer at Pax said they might get it to console in a few months so I have to wait, to bad I spoiled everything for me.

22winston    46

planning ahead is key ^.^

Ok I finally worked out posting pics. Just look at the album, I won't link every picture. http://imgur.com/a/hHChI#0 Right now I am almost at day 300, only thing that has changed is wall repairs and 11 bee boxes with unrealistic amounts of flowers.

EDIT: forgot to say, the wall is for keeping the beefalo and rock lobsters separate.

nice man an amazing base

22winston    46

Honestly, I have seen far better bases in a much shorter time. To be fair to myself, that world is the first one I have ever had to get past day 100.

lol

22winston    46

be honest, don't lol, SALTS. smiled a little then stopped.

lets be honest i havent survived past day 100 :( well with RoG i just idk i've seem to lost the *SPARK* idk

emerphish    242

lets be honest i havent survived past day 100 :( well with RoG i just idk i've seem to lost the *SPARK* idk

To be honest, I have no idea how hard RoG is.