Changes to the difficulty of Giantand usefullness of their Loot

Petition to make giants stronger and loot more powerful.  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Should the strength of giants, (and their respective loot) be increased?

• Yes, increase their statistics greatly and loot proportionally.
    • Yes, provide a modest increase to their statistics and therefore loot quality.
    • Yes, make Giants stronger, but their loot is perfectly fine.
    • No, giants are strong enough as they are now, but their loot needs significant revision.
    • No, giants and their loot are balanced as they are.

Moose is really too easy one. But I don't like idea of adding "messed a dodge - die" moves, like that whirle attack with multiple hits with the same damage as main.

Need to change weapon drop mechanics. It should drop not at front of you, but behind, or in another random direction that hard to predict, to force you come close to boss to pick it up.

Also I think is Moose should be able to make a "high jump" at the front of your path with AOE damage, to force you always change directions of moving.

Never seen, how bearger in fight, he dieing so easy from treeguards.

Deerclop is good as he now, his freezing ability make him deadly, and he have a bad habbit to "forget" about you and retun to smashing things. But 4-5 treeguards deal with him pretty easy.

Dragonfly is good too, she is hard to face, and she burning everything around her, so you should think, where to fight her.

About bell. Is too easy to get ingredients, and bell have too many uses. 3 uses for an item, that deal 1000 damage? 1 use is fair enought. Also it is too easy to get (well, when you know, how to get it). I think 70% chance of drop for wings and 2 fragments of thulacite will be fair for it.

About freezing and sleeping. I think is should twice as harder to force bosses to sleep or freeze. With a flute as well.

Also armors should absorb less damage from mighty hits of giants, at last 30% less, but still lose durability as a normal.

My 5 cents.

For the Old Bell trick I completelly agree with you, it is OP as hell, but the solution is relatively easy, as someone said before it should wake up sleeping entities (because, f*cking earth quake!), that's it, problem solved.

For the ice staff... really I just have no idea how can it freeze giants with tiny such a tiny proyectile, it's just... It shouldn't do so.

For gunpowder, it should be keep as it is, it is a rather creative alternative to direct confrontation, and creating it consumes time, time that the player could have spend collecting other resources/ mass producing armor/ partying with pigs.

Now, on the giants:

Combat with giants should be less of a tanking/retreating/ healing fest, and more of an epic battle of hitting, dodging, and focus.

Hence the giants should have they'r normal frequent swipe attacks being dodgable, but just barely, and with good timing; a charged AOE attack with the giant giving a small hint if it prior to it's execution, this one should be debastating and must be dodged at all cost, pierces armor, discourages face tanking; and a special attack that they do without anticipation, this attack is the one that makes each giant special and forces you to change aproach. Super-Chuck-Norris-level-skilled players should be able to kill a giant with no armor and a spear (but I wouldn't recomend trying to do so). Patience, focus, and tactic should be rewarded.

Dragonfly: It's swipe attack is undodgable, so no kiting, it causes fire damage on contact, so no tanking, it's speed is just barely below the player's, so retreating will end up burning your whole world... sigh... tell me about artificial difficulty... for a start it's swipe attack I have no problem with it having a huge range and massive damage, it just shouln'd be so frequent; the ground pound attack should be anticipated by the dragonfly emanating flames from it's back, it would cause armor piercing fire damage, and set the player on fire and finally the special attack... umm maybe a ranged fire ball spit attack?

Bearger?: It's swipe attack is perfect, with the weapon dropping thing and everything, it could use more damage though; it's AOE attack is also pretty much balanced, just add more damage and armor piercing (blunt damage is hardly reduced by wearing wood, wilson could use pillow armor for this matter); special attack, a growl that stuns the player in place, is triggered if bearger takes too much damage in a short time, may be triggered if the players gets too far aways from the bearger. The charge attack is funny.

Deerclops: The freezing effect should be removed from it's AOE attack and implemented in a special attack, used randomly, because f*ck your structures. He should taunt before using the AOE attack, and it should have greatly increased range. Aside from that he's balanced.

M'Moose: I can already kill it with no armor and a spear, and I'm not THAT good myself... It needs a serious buff, bad. Swipe attack needs more range, and damage; special attack should cause (armor piercing) damage if the player is too close and slow down the player down, shouldn't be used frequently; for the AOE... a... tornato-thing? I have no idea.

(My fingers hurt from typing, your eyes should hurt from reading)

For the Old Bell trick I completelly agree with you, it is OP as hell, but the solution is relatively easy, as someone said before it should wake up sleeping entities (because, f*cking earth quake!), that's it, problem solved.

Well, is not a normal sleeping, ya'now, is hot dam drugs and magic. Also without ability to force an enemy to stand still, use of bell will be very limited. Smashing spider eggs with a bell?

---

About loot.

Moose's drop is really useless. An item with 5 uses that delay your dieing from overheating just like for 10 seconds is not really resonable. I like an idea with a feather hat, that cool you down, but do not slow you (or even maybe speed you up?). New putting out fire feather is good too.

Don't even know, what for there is another warm body item. But at last is useful (when you too lazy to track and afraid of wargs).

All another items are cool.

#3) Issue: Loot from Giants is already in crafted-item form, such as Scalemail, the Hibearnation Vest, and the Eyebrella. I sincerely hope, and expect that these are broken down into crafting recipes later on for realism.

Bruce stated that the giants will drop items that are basically the materials to crafter our current giant loot (I made a pun!)

Archived