More Giants ?

58 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like more giants ?

• Yes !
    • No, there are enough of them destroying my base...

After all, the title of the DLC is "REIGN of giants", but there are "only" 5. Would you like more giants ?

Reign means "the period during which a sovereign rules".

The "sovereign" are the giants, and the "periods" are the four seasons. I'm not sure why there should be more giants, other than for diversity's sake.

I think something like a Clockwork Queen would be a neat addition. I wouldn't want so many giants that they become the main focus of the game though - I'd much rather have difficulty from harder survival elements than from having bosses shoehorned in everywhere.

I think something like a Clockwork Queen would be a neat addition. I wouldn't want so many giants that they become the main focus of the game though - I'd much rather have difficulty from harder survival elements than from having bosses shoehorned in everywhere.

Clockwork Queen sounds like a cool boss. Maxwell needs more powerful minions.

We do have a (Spider) Queen and a (Deerclop) King. Not against the idea though, I would love another challenging boss.

I myself have suggested a Full Moon Boss on one of my forums. I like the idea of Clockwork Giant and Cave Giant too though. It'd make perfect sense to have a Clockwork Giant guarding Maxwell's Door or that other Thing you make when you bring the pieces together. As for Caves, its a concern for how would it spawn and where would it spawn. The context for surface Giants is Seasons and your base as a target. In a Cave you may have a camp but you don't have the Seasons, nor do you have the Day Cycle "officially".

Anyhow I believe adding future giants will happen, they have got the Ancient Guardian after all.

Other Note: I reckon they should make a particular item out of Seasonal Giant drops, like how the original two of Deerclops and Guardian made the Eyeball Laser Item. Would be a cool milestone to get.

So, what exactly are the 5? Bearger, Goose/Moose, Dragonfly? Or are you including the Birchnut Treegaurd? What else?

i would also include Deerclops (just because he's been around for a while doesn't mean he loses "giant" status), and the Ancient Guardian. but thats just me.

i consider BigFoot more of an event than a giant. but thats all up to interpretation.

The "sovereign" are the giants, and the "periods" are the four seasons. I'm not sure why there should be more giants, other than for diversity's sake.

Because the caves and ruins are still the wild west!

Dunno if already said but.

-Full Moon giant

-Cave giant

-Rain giant

-Forest, Desert, Savana, Marsh, etc giants

Okay the Giants was have know are

Summer Giant: Dragonfly

Winter Giant: Deerclops

Autumn Giant: Bearger

Spring Giant: Goose/Moose

Bigfoot (Varg? He could be considered a giant hound)

Spider Queen

Tree Guard (Should the Poison Birchnut trees be considered giants?)   

And the Minotaur in the ruins

So what other Giants could there be and where/when would they appear? 

What Minotaur? I just spent 40 days in caves and saw nothing. The language in this thread is convoluted; can you all try a little harder to differentiate between what you want and what actually exists? (God, I can't tell if I should feel like an idiot for missing some update about upcoming Minotaur, feel like an idiot for missing it in the caves, or for not knowing there's absolutely no such thing).

How about we skip past all of these Giants and look towards more passive units or just general gameplay upgrades? Periodic stuff, as we all have experienced, is just not all that interesting. We only see the giants once every season, why chuck in more giants just to see them as frequently as we are now? 

What Minotaur? I just spent 40 days in caves and saw nothing. The language in this thread is convoluted; can you all try a little harder to differentiate between what you want and what actually exists? (God, I can't tell if I should feel like an idiot for missing some update about upcoming Minotaur, feel like an idiot for missing it in the caves, or for not knowing there's absolutely no such thing).

How about we skip past all of these Giants and look towards more passive units or just general gameplay upgrades? Periodic stuff, as we all have experienced, is just not all that interesting. We only see the giants once every season, why chuck in more giants just to see them as frequently as we are now? 

The minotaur is the ruins boss, a rhino-like giant.

And if there were more giants, we would see them more.

Archived