Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

trickshire

Cooked food rotting instantly on the crock pot

trickshire    1

Playing a game as Webber, currently in second-season winter. I took my last dragonfruit from the icebox to make a dragonpie with three twigs; the dragonfruit was still in the green, somewhere between 2/3rds and 3/4s as spoiling goes. When the lid popped up I was feeding fuel onto my firepit, a little bit away but on the same screen, and then a second later when I turned to get the pie it turned into rot. I'm not sure if anyone else is having this bug and I didn't see any similar threads on a quick check of this forum, so I figured I'd just throw this up.

I think something similar may have happened in a previous game during summer, but as I was offscreen when it finished cooking and I know food spoils faster in the heat I can't be sure.

Lonestarr01    187

Playing a game as Webber, currently in second-season winter. I took my last dragonfruit from the icebox to make a dragonpie with three twigs; the dragonfruit was still in the green, somewhere between 2/3rds and 3/4s as spoiling goes. When the lid popped up I was feeding fuel onto my firepit, a little bit away but on the same screen, and then a second later when I turned to get the pie it turned into rot. I'm not sure if anyone else is having this bug and I didn't see any similar threads on a quick check of this forum, so I figured I'd just throw this up.

I think something similar may have happened in a previous game during summer, but as I was offscreen when it finished cooking and I know food spoils faster in the heat I can't be sure.

this has happened to me too many times.

Tamazacat    130

This only happened to me once before the most recent update. I'd assumed it had been fixed, but perhaps not?

As for your summer rotting, that was the same season as when the bug happened to me - food, when freshly cooked, should under no circumstances (apart from bugs, lol) turn to rot so quickly.

XirmiX    754

This probably happens when your food is at the stale bit. But hei, you put three twigs in there. This probably is a glitch and instead of Wet Goop it gives rot. I'd like myself some Wet Goop :)

trickshire    1

This probably happens when your food is at the stale bit. But hei, you put three twigs in there. This probably is a glitch and instead of Wet Goop it gives rot. I'd like myself some Wet Goop :-)

As I said, the dragonfruit was still fresh. Also dragonfruit + three twigs results in dragonpie, not goop (all it requires is a dragonfruit and no meats) - like I mentioned, it was a pie when the crock pot popped open, and then turned into rot before I could grab it.

Definitely a glitch though, of course.

maxik    7

I happened to me too a few times. I could't repeat it in purpose. The only reason for this to happen that i could find is a failsafe in the stewer.lua, line 28. In case it can't figure out the spoilage time for what you cooked it defaults ot 1 sec. So be fast.

Coraxes    8

This has happened to me more times than I'd care to remember.  It doesn't appear to matter which character it happens with, season or weather, this frustrating bug always has me second guessing using the crock pot.

It's because the glitch is very common on most fast computers because the glitch is very contagious and could happen on dont starve very often so the best way to fix the glitch is to delete it and re-download it  :joyous:

CrispyJelly    66

Happened to me again. It can't be the ingredients. Right after the one (meatballs) turned to rot, I cooked another, using exactly the same ingredients. And it did not turn to rot. It's a very strange bug because it doesn't happen all the time. As someone has said, it's probably something in the stewer.lua file, which is probably also the cause of my game crashing when I try to use the Beefalo Milk and Cheese mod. (Oddly enough, not everyone is having trouble with the mod, the same way that not everyone is having trouble with the crockpot food instantly rotting.)

wigfrid    0

I pretty sure that food in the crock pot rots because of rain, possibly also when close to a fire pit?

the truthseeker    1,560

I posted this elsewhere. it's a russian roullete of crock pot cooking. Rarely ever do I cheat, but I recreate my meal via the console ATM if this happens.

The same stuff and same environments should not make a rot one cook, and a finished product the next.

Also, it rots from 1-5 seconds later if it does, and there is no consistency in the time there either. 

Marvin    10

Hi,

back to Don't Starve with RoG, i stumbled over this bug a few times. Last game, it hits me 2 times in a row, attempting to cook honey ham and fistfull of jam. Lost my game about this, because that was my last food (Deerclops destroyed my base), and I starved. Any plans to fix that?

Majikian    5

This bug continues to be a persistent issue. I was disappointed to run into again today upon returning to ROG after having a decent run without seeing this issue.

The devs seem aware but it has been next to impossible to squash it seems. I'm excited for DST but I had really hoped this issue would have been fixed by now. I'm hopeful it doesn't show up in DST. It has been a while since the devs have commented on the issue. An update would certainly be appreciated on this.

Here are some other threads for further reading:

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/38041-video-crock-pot-producing-rot/

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/32743-crock-pot-making-rot/

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/37758-crock-pot-bug/