Glommer Backstory Brainstorming

Maxwell doesn't seem to have a clue, as he says "Hey, that's not a statue of me!" when examining Glommer's statue. 

What about the flower or the Glommer itself?

If so I'm thinking Maxwell didn't know this existed because it might've been built by someone (or something) before him.

What about the flower or the Glommer itself?

If so I'm thinking Maxwell didn't know this existed because it might've been built by someone (or something) before him.

Flower still doesn't have any strings, just the generic "thing" string. Glommer itself he simply says "A flying goo factory".

Flower still doesn't have any strings, just the generic "thing" string. Glommer itself he simply says "A flying goo factory".

Well, I'm guessing that the island was once inhabited by people and most of the Don't Starve creatures (discluding the fire hounds, ice hounds and some of the creatures Maxwell claims he made or contributed towards). Just for evidence that there were people that inhabited Don't Starve look at the Ruins and it's Nightmare fuel for a second. As many people mentioned the crawling horror / crawling terror is like an enlarged glommer with no wings. So I'm thinking that Maxwell gained the secrets (from his' demonic powers) that the island(s) existed still. And the shadow watchers found this out and captured him to what we know as "Checkmate".

My theory it would be the least that After the war there was this ancient civilization in ruins must have found a way out of the caves and colonizing this world they must have encountered Glommer. Your slime is useful as well in the game both in agriculture and to light the fire in less time.Maxwell be surprised to see that it was not his statue should be the fact that this event has happened before him have come to this world.

Found this:

As featured in the Star Trek: The Animated Series episode 'More Tribbles, More Troubles'. The Glommer was genetically engineered by Klingons to hunt, kill and eat Tribbles. 

There you have it folks klei teamed up with star trek LOL

Wait... Klingon... Kling-on? CLING ON? ATTACH?

THIS IS A CONSPIRACY.

Well, the glommer is a fascinating creature indeed...  ...and of course the giant disembodied foot it can summon, it leaves a lot of room for theories and specualtion.

I think that the giant foot likes Glommers very much and when he hears the sound of the Old Bell, he discovers that Glommer has been killed (because he can hear a bell made of her wings and her flower). He then comes and wants to destroy the person who killed Glommer, but he has no eyes, so he destroys the place from which the Old Bell was rung as he assumes that the killer will still be there.

As far as the Glommer is concerned, maybe it is a projection of a hyperdimensional entity into the world of Don't Starve. If this was true, then there is probably only a single Glommer and if you kill her, you don't actually kill the entire entity, but only "cut one of her fingers".

Glommer is the God of Life and Bacon. He is worshiped by the pigmen tribes and it is He who bestows the divine right to rule to the pig king. It is likely that he is also the puppeteer behind the scenes who controls the nightmare throne and draws people to this strange world as he gets lonely sometimes.

Well, I'm guessing that the island was once inhabited by people and most of the Don't Starve creatures (discluding the fire hounds, ice hounds and some of the creatures Maxwell claims he made or contributed towards). Just for evidence that there were people that inhabited Don't Starve look at the Ruins and it's Nightmare fuel for a second. As many people mentioned the crawling horror / crawling terror is like an enlarged glommer with no wings. So I'm thinking that Maxwell gained the secrets (from his' demonic powers) that the island(s) existed still. And the shadow watchers found this out and captured him to what we know as "Checkmate".

Maxwell said there was nothing before he came to the Island/the whole dimension but dust and "Them." He borrowed stuff from other civilizations though, as he said that the Redbirds are from the "Fire Lands." Then again, he also said that he plugged up the caves a long time ago. Maybe Maxwell brought the cave system over from somewhere else and upon discovering an ancient civilization in the Ruins plugged it up?

I think that Maxwell doesn't mention creating stuff like rabbits and beefalo because one, his dialogue would get repetitive, and two, he had to put animals like them in there to make survival possible at all, not because he created them. 

Maxwell said there was nothing before he came to the Island/the whole dimension but dust and "Them." He borrowed stuff from other civilizations though, as he said that the Redbirds are from the "Fire Lands." Then again, he also said that he plugged up the caves a long time ago. Maybe Maxwell brought the cave system over from somewhere else and upon discovering an ancient civilization in the Ruins plugged it up?

I think that Maxwell doesn't mention creating stuff like rabbits and beefalo because one, his dialogue would get repetitive, and two, he had to put animals like them in there to make survival possible at all, not because he created them. 

Same goes with glommers and I think most of the creatures Maxwell but there were certain animals that weren't made by Maxwell like beefalos (because his' dialogue towards them is rude) even though Maxwell isn't a real "bad guy" more like a side-antagonist in my opinion. Also about areas such as the "Fire Lands" maybe these were islands made long ago by "them" but disappeared for no reason. The "Fire Lands does sound like a neat place if we could go there. It'd be like a surface version of lava caves that requires high tier fire protection from fire rain and such. 

Maybe the glommer is associated with the original inhabitants that constructed the ruins?

I think that. Maxwell has no idea what a glommer really is but to the initial inhabitants, it must be a god of some sort since they had a shrine for it.

Archived