Carnatis Inviktus(Reserved)

Silentdarkness1

(Alright.)

A lone shack stands tall and proud deep in the forest, the turf around it stamped down multiple times by the inhabitant. Crooked and slightly worn down and rotting, the building is an unimpressive monument. The only lone window on the shack is clouded with dust, the outline of a human-like creature resides inside; the figure appears to be manipulating an object, a cloth-like material rippling along its fingers. The outline of the figure moves rapidly; the person inside appears to be agitated by something, perhaps a failure of the material or lack thereof?

A volatile, albeit enclosed, explosion bursts inside the shack, muffled by the wood; the structure gave a threatening creak, the window now shattered into bits by the detonation. The figure peers out of the window, a look of exasperation on his face. Correction; its face. It is an almost insubstantial creature, nothing like a human apart from its outline. Slowly, deliberately, the creature moves its legs over the now shattered window ledge, and walked out into the forest, looking for materials. Hopefully, they won't explode in its face.

(Oh crap. I forgot to mention that it has a note book in its satchel. Ah, well.)

I wake up to the sound of footfalls.

I peer out of the vantage point in my tree, and see a man with a 3 pointed hairdo. He seems like he has some food on him... I think to myself. I follow him through the trees, silently watching. A bird lands on the branch next to me, and I quickly stuff it in my mouth before it makes a sound. As I turn back round again, I accidentally knock a twig down. It clatters loudly in the undergrowth

(How's that?)

A cold voice rang out from the trees high above.  It was soft, weak, but ominous all the same.

Why should I tell you?  That would ruin all the fun of this little game, would it not?

The braches of the tree rustled, and a cold wind passed directly over Wilson.  Colder than the freezing snow around him.  Cold enough to send deep shivers down his spine.

I'm enjoying the game.  Are you?  The voice said, now directly behind him.

My bulbous white eyes peering through the thick, bristly undergrowth I see the man talking to... No-one...

A large wisp suddenly forms around me, and two red eyes appear by my side

Hey, who's that?

No idea.

Well who's THAT?

There's no-one else there...

Except for the SHADOW MAN! How do you miss these kind of things?

The wisp dissipates into air, and I'm left alone in the tree. I think about those words, and decide to wait some more.

Edited by Hugos10

(There is no giant shadow.)

The voice laughs.  Aww, is the wittol human not having a good time.  How sad.

A bit of shadows flash in front of Wilson's eyes as the creature moves again.

(Fixed. So, how am I doing so far?)

Again, why spoil the fun?  The voice whispers, now directly above Wilson.  No, I think I'll keep playing with you.  Until, that is, your mind shatters.  Then I shall feed.

And then the cold aura vanishes, as quickly as it came.

Valsig chuckles to himself at a safe distance from the human.  He was unnerved, all right.  Things were going quite smoothly.  Once the human got moving again, the shade continued to stalk him, while pondering over what form he would use to kill him.  A hound, using superior speed and sharp claws to tear him apart?  Some kind of parasite, ripping away chunks of his internal organs until he drowns in his own blood?  The possibilities were endless. 

And then...Valsig sensed another presence nearby.  He could not pinpoint what it was.  It was...something new.  A challenger, perhaps?  Did another want this human for their own?  Unacceptable.  Once he had the capacity, Valsig decided, he would kill this intruder.

The man kept talking, and it was now that I noticed flickers of shadow in front of him

I listened in closely, and managed to catch several words

Spoil the fun? ...Your mind shatters... Feed...

Leaning closer to hear more, the branch beneath me creaks. I try to get back, but it collapses and I fall into the undergrowth, next to the man and the Other Presence...

Edited by Hugos10

(Time for you to revise that flowchart.

Name: Bastion

Race: The Living Runes

Backstory: All of us know the practice of pilgrimage, where a mass of a certain religion travels to a place of holy power to fufill their religious needs. Well, these type of creatures take a similar trip, but it is much, much more dangerous; many of these beings go forward to fufill their magic needs to only be smashed, mutilated, destroyed, or condemned along the journey. Many thirst for the power of the Rune Rocke, but, unsurprisingly, many would prefer the tired, sullen life, slowly fading away into runes, then the dangerous journey for power and control. (Again, just another snippet; you'll have to figure it out from interaction.)

Abilities

Invoking the Runes

An extremely fragile being, this being doesn't appear to have much stamina or strength on its own; in fact, it spends most of its time running from creatures, not wanting to squander it's valuable power on something they could just as easily outrun. The true power it has is stored in the cloth that trails from its hood. Those with a trained eye would see the different runes inscribed on the cloth; to most, however, it is blank, a crimson slate.

I Have A Mouth But I Cannot Scream

If one were lucky enough to take a glance underneath the hood of this being, they would see two eyes of light shining purely and a mouth sewn forcefully together with both thread and staples. Apparently, this creature doesn't have the ability to speak, unless someone removed the bindings of the mouth. Of course, it can still make several sounds, albeit quiet; it's cries sound like the wind stroking the strings of a harp or violin, mingled with the faint sound of a wooden flute.

Appearance: It's legs and arm simple slivers of blue, this creature's actual appearance is hidden underneath an intricate robe; the robe is broken into two pieces of cloth; the pale red clothing covering the torso down to the knees and a small hood colored pale blue. The hood has a long, scarf-like cloth moving out from underneath the hood, trailing behind this creature as it walks. The edges of both articles of clothing is bordered with purple. Once you got over the strange disconcerting difference in color, the effect of it was quite pleasant.

Side Notes: The powers that is has can only be replenished with either time or invoking runes to help speed up the time required for the magic to return. Depending on where the creature is, different runes can form;

• Lighte (Forms around or in areas of holy importance or of safety)
  • Voide (Forms around or in areas tainted by evil or in threat of evil powers)
  • Flyte (Forms around or in areas of a high power or in heightened areas)
  • Physik (Forms where knowledge roams freely or where creativity reigns)
  • Healoc (Forms where beings can recover or where there is bloodshed)
  • Etc.

Might've been based on a game I love the music out of.

In case you couldn't tell, I love beings of otherworldly status.)

(Okay, here's a question, considering Entropy exists only on the shadowy plane, could he come into contact with Valsig without needing someone insane nearby?)

Entropy hears the nearby commotion and makes his way towards it, going from shadow to shadow. The few moments that he was exposed to the sun's light was agony. Of course, the cold didn't bother him. How could it, when something as inconsistent as weather existed only in the physical realm? The shadowy world of his was just black and white. Everything was simple an laid out for him there. There were little to no variables such as cold or hot. Blending in to a shadow of a nearby tree, he listened intently to what seemed to be two of Their victims.

"Fine....we'll play it that way, then."

Wilson took a few pieces of taffy out of his pocket and ate them, the flavors and texture helping to calm his frayed nerves. He could still feel that someone else was watching, other than the first one.He ran off elsewhere.

(Oh sorry, I had to actually SLEEP.)

• Like 1

(I forgot to mention something.  Vilsig remains corporeal as long as he enough energy to do so.  The more energy he uses, the less corporeal he becomes.)

Vilsig sighs.  That taffy had probably canceled out all the work he had done earlier.  This would be tougher than he thought. 

• Like 1

Wilson came across a ring of dark flowers, the black thorns and blood-red petals staying alive even in the chilling eternity of this winter storm. He recognized it, a landmark. He was finally going in the right direction. He picked up the pace a bit, trying to put as much distance between himself and Vilsig as possible.

Vilsig lazily drifts just outside of the light cast by Wilson's torch.  While incorporeal, moving was quite literally a breeze; if the wind was right, he would just let it push him along.  Either way, the human wasn't escaping.  Not yet.