Carnatis Inviktus(Reserved)

Silentdarkness1

Hmm... Let's throw someone new into the mix, shall we? I've been testing out this one for a while now.

Name: Entropy

Race: Shadow

Chaos consummation: His abilities grow stronger the more chaos there is around. Conversely, order weakens him.

Shadow form: His only appearance seems to be a man's shadow on the floor. He is tangible, though, one must only align their shadow with his to make physical contact, but this is fairly disorienting for anyone. He can only be touched by things with the intent to contact him, or things he wishes to contact, thus he can phase through walls and trees and things.

Light: He's even afraid of flashlights, so he really doesn't like like light. Pretty much at all.

Shadow manipulation: speaks for itself.

Backstory: he was once a part of Them, be it a large hive mind or many different beings. However, he had something that most of the others didn't. Morals. He didn't feel any joy from inflicting pain on the visitors, thus he was exiled. Now he wanders the islands, helping out when he can.

(In that case, I'll start.)

In all his years of being incorporeal, Valsig still could never quite pinpoint exactly what it felt like.  Sometimes it felt like he was paper, blowing along in the wind; others it felt like he was being torn apart by it.  No matter what it was, however, it always made him feel uncomfortable.  Very, very uncomfortable.

That was why the shade was out and about today.  Searching for someone who had fallen into madness, into insanity.  And apparently, it was his lucky day.  In the distance, he could make out the silhouette of a human.  He was drift around, always watching, always there, until the unfortunate chap would be driven over the edge.  And then, he could finally get rid of the uncomfortableness.

Valsig began to drift towards the human.

(Oh, that reminds me. It's the middle of winter atm :p )

A chilling arctic wind blew in the air. Wilson finished setting up a campfire. He had somehow managed to get lost in the vast wilderness, in the middle of one of the worst winters so far. He warmed himself up by it, rubbing his hands together. He could see small shadows of some sort at the corners of his vision. He shook his head, trying to stay focused. After all the time out in the wilderness, he knew he couldn't afford distractions.

The cold winter gales blew straight through Valsig, meeting little resistance from his form.  Valsig cared not about the cold; it had never bothered him.  But the fire made him recoil somewhat.  This would be harder than he had originally thought.

Being careful to stay out of the flickering light cast by the blaze, Valsig approached a small pile of supplies.  He was careful to stare directly at the human's back; the feeling of being watched would only make him go over the edge faster.  Reaching out a transparent, thin hand, Valsig lightly tapped a bundle of sticks.  They tumbled out onto the ground, scattering as they struck the cold, dead grass.

Yes, but i'm not really in the mood for inviting Ephyb7, Hybridic or Pecival, for varying reasons.

You don't HAVE to include all the same characters as before, although I liked the whole Lemis+Alma thing :3

( D: )

• Like 1

(Pecival, if you've read the PM thread, you'll understand why i'm hesitant. I don't want the same problems to happen again. Now, there's one spot left. If you'll promise that you'll try to not let too much emotion seep into the rp through your characters, then you're more than welcome to submit an OC application.)

Wilson briefly turned around, scanning to see if there was anything out there. There didn't appear to be. He turned around again. The world was starting to bear down on him.

Vilsig allowed himself to be seen for half a second before ducking back under the cover of shadow.  When the human's back turned to him, he slunk into the light, wincing at the brightness of it all.  Reaching out his hands, he slowly moved the twigs around, forming letters.  Then words.  Each twig felt like it weighed a million pounds, but all the same, Vilsig worked quickly; he had done this same thing many times before.  Admiring his handiwork, he slunk back into the darkness.  He was done playing with the human for now.

The girl was running. She was running throw a dark forest. From what she was running, she didn't know. She only knew she had to run. They were watching her. They were approacing her. She couldn't turn back: they were behind her, she thought. She started hyperventilating. Slowly, she lost her senses. First she stopped hearing any sounds. Than, darkness started getting closer.

She couldn't stand it anymore. She stopped running and turned back.

She shouldn't have done that.

--------------

The girl woke up screaming. When she touched her forehead, her hand got wet.

<I am sweating, but it's cold here...it must have been that dream, again. And not even this time I remember what that nightmare was about.>

The girl put her warm beefalo bedcover back on her. While watching the dark outside from a small broken window she sighted.

<At least I was lucky finding this abandoned house. Here it's not too much cold, at least.>

And she went back to sleep.

(Okay. I never thought I would feel hurt, but even emotionless carcasses can experience them, apparently.

Name: Everett

Race: Sentient Shadow Invocation

Backstory: Formerly Everett Falco, it used to be a male being of important power, a notable voice among many. At the peak of his life, he was proclaimed as the salvation and speaking voice of his homeland. Unfortunately, as most of us would well know, most famous figures in history either met grizzly ends or went downhill of their own accord; his strange disappearences to distant places brought suspicion and though-provoking ideas into the crowd. From suspicion comes the idea of betrayal, and from betrayal is where tyranny is born.. (Just a short introduction to the backstory. More revealed later on?)

Abilities

Hospitality

This horrifying creature has one flaw that has bound it whence it mingled with magic that no man shouldn't delve into, or perhaps it is just too overly conscious of its manners; it cannot enter households or other property unless the owner either invites it in or forces it in. Once it is brought onto the area, whether by force of by invitation, it can roam freely on the property in future points of time.

Tinkering With Magic

Ah yes, magic. Most of us classify this strange permeating essence into many parts; light, dark, earth, among others. But magic isn't a closet that can be sorted by colors or qualities; it is a power that mingles and interacts; there are no such thing as "classifications" in magic. Those powers that people experience with it are merely excitations of a normally calm power, an sudden manipulation of this power like a pebble falling into water, or an otherwise unnatural force. This being can call forth essences of this field that can thus be manipulated to its own uses. Of course, finding essences or other physical forms of magic is hard, as magic isn't forgiving to those that delve in it; it requires the proper knowledge and tools. Fortunately for us, or unfortunately, depending on your view, he has correct divining tools...

Mute, but Knowledgeable

Technically, this creature isn't mute; it can still create noises or of the like, but these noises are akin to the screech of those that have been damned to Eternity Inc. Hell. Therefore, it prefers to keep itself quiet, using writing or body language to communicate with other beings.

The Light Deters Me

While this creature can withstand the light and doesn't show other effects that other shadow based creatures suffer, it's divining powers and interaction on the world slowly diminishes as a power of light grows more intense.

Appearance: A tall slender figure, this almost ethereal creature has no noticeable clothing, except for a blue shawl-like hood, the end of the cloth curling up into the air, crooked and twisted. It had claw-like fingers and feet, the hands with four protrusions and the feet with three, though it seems to have no attacking purpose; certainly menacing though. The head has two gray, almost seethrough eyes that stare deeply off into the distance; it has teeth that mesh together over each other so perfectly that, with it's jaws closed, the teeth look like a mesh filter. On its back is a small purple satchel, embossed with gold around the border curling designs over each other; this is where all its divining tools are kept and stored. Small, but handy.

Personality: Unnerving, mostly due to it's calls and appearance, most people would stay well away and beyond from this creature, and I don't blame them. Of course, not all creatures of darkness are a threat to survival; this one, for example, would be glad to help those requiring its help. Unfortunately for those that need its aid, it is a cautious, albeit kind, monster.

Side Notes: The satchel contains at least one of the following, if not more;

• Divining Rod (Cobalt Rod)
  • Spirit Stones
  • Diffusing Wand (Silver Capped, Oak Rod)
  • Invocation Spectacles (Purple Lens)
  • Bell Jar (Cork Stopper, Stained Glass)
  • Herbs
  • Axe (Stained Purple)

Another shadow invocation, yay!)

As the man got up and went off, Vilsig sighed.  He had been hoping to get at least a bit of rest.  He rose from the sleeping position he had been in and began to follow him at a distance, not in the mood for much toying around.