New constant source of food?

The moleworm things can be useful for early on (especially as Wigfrid)

And Catcoons give you 1 meat and a possible chance for a cat cap, though from my experience, they are better used as pets, they can kill birds and butterflies and other things like that before they can escape, letting you get the precious loot.

And if you are Webber, i guess i would have to say spiders (weak enemies that can give you monster meat, which has no negative effects for webber)

Set down a flint whenever near moleworms and they'll come by to ****** it, at which time you can kill them for a morsel

Or you can hit them with a hammer, to store them alive for a while (they will die in your inventory after so long) before killing them for the morsel (takes up separate slots though.)

You shouldn't be using rabbits on regular game anyway.

Too counterproductive considering all the other ways to obtain meat.

It's been awhile since I've played DS, RoG recently brought back my interest, bunnies have always been my main food source and worked well for quite some time.

What new methods would be even more effective for food?

It's been awhile since I've played DS, RoG recently brought back my interest, bunnies have always been my main food source and worked well for quite some time.

Might seem weird but Monster Meat is of great use. Feeding 4 pieces to a pig will turn him into a werepig, which are easy to kite (swings two times then you hit him two times) and always drops two pieces of meat and one pig skin.

The pieces of meat can be turned to jerky, which is top tier food, or into meaty stew with two pieces of meat, one monster meat and a filler like berry or carrot.

Always tracking the koalaphants will also provide meat for days for another easy to kill process (back him in a corner or wait til he sleeps, hit once and run back, once it does the charged attack you can hit him five times before running back and repeating).

Fishing is extremely good, as a single fish can be used in the crockpot with one stick (easy to gather) and any other two filler, even two monster meat. It'll give you fishsticks that are great for healing.

And then there's honeyboxes. A little work to get them and take the time to plant flowers for maximum efficiency, but once you do is free food for zero resources and zero work.

Play Wigfrid and go on a ravaging frenzy. IF IT MOVES, KILL IT AND EAT IT WHILE FRESH. No, seriously, you should kill anything that moves and store it in an ice box.

Another suggestion:the best all season supply (minus winter)of meat is probably from lure plants. Since there are so many Maxwell biomes in RoG, find some lureplants and plant them on the marble/carpet flooring and harvest them when they are active.

Also, once you are at the point of settling down, giants will appear after a warning sound. Use that as an advantage and lure him to a beefalo herd.Instant 4 stacks of meat. 

Edit: @Plague Mouse, don't track down koalaphants all the time as there is a chance of spawning warg. Although I find him so easy to kill, OP will have a hard time fighting him. @CrazyGamerzPC

when you find the warg, focus him down quickly. Don't mind the wolf packs.

There's not really any 'new' methods aside from catcoons, but they're not viable long-term.  I guess there's vultures too, but you probably don't want to base in a desert.

You don't don't need an all-year food source.  Just get two, and one covers the weakness of the other.  You could do rabbits combined with berry bushes.  In spring when you don't get rabbits, berry bushes produce more due to rains, as do farms.  In winter and summer when berry bushes are less effective, you can get rabbits.  Berry bushes are transplant-able unlike rabbits, so that would suggest your base goes where the rabbits are.  You can actually transplant moles, so they could supply your 1 meat for meatballs in spring.    If it's all about the easy 0-risk food for you, of course.    If you're willing to take on even a little risk, you can use beefalo, birds, or spiders to farm meat.

I just go out and farm a load of monster meat, literally 20-40 bits. Then I dump it into my ice box and catch a bird, feed it to the bird. After that cook all the meat you need right then and there, feed to bird and get eggs.

Another way is to collect all teh berry bushes you come across (yes, even if playing as Wigfrid) and plant them in several clumps (to avoid lightning killing them all or gobblers) then farm your monster meat.

1 monster meat + 3 berries = meatballs

Very simple and it will tide you over for some time. If you need time for the berries to grow and have the monster meat, just feed it to your bird for an egg if it's going rotten by cooking it first.

Have 1-4 pighouses and a spider den, hounds, or whatever. Give 4 monster meat to one pig and make them a werepig, then the others will kill it, and then quickly gather the meat before they get it. Repeat. That's what I do.

OR you could wait until dusk or night and use the old bell to thin the beefalo herd (when they are all clumped up), which is now rapidly growing out of control as they are mating all spring long, not counting other mating seasons. Repeat as often as necessary. Don't forget to dry all the meat and put it in the icebox so it lasts ~40days. This is also free beefalo wool, which can be used as fuel for your firepit or your flingomatics and you'll probably have a whole collection of beefalo horns.

The only thing you need to do is to get glommer each time there is a full moon and kill him before the next so you have a lot of old bells =)

Granted, this is more of a mid game source of food, but you should be able to find beefalos and glommer's statue during your fist year of gameplay.

New to RoG,

Found out rabbits are no longer all season food supply, any tips for a new constant food supply to be found when playing through RoG?

Easily accessible and convienient would be nice :-)

Hum... Birds are easy to kill and pop out every season. It will be even more easy if you have a catcoon with you. Just take the mosels before it eats it.

Frogs are great sources of food, and depending on how you cook them, they can be used as small morsels (meatballs and small jerky) or as froggle bunwiches to heal (lots of mushrooms from the rain too!). 

I plop a pile of traps down near ponds, aggro the frogs, then let them chase me into the traps.  Lather, rinse, repeat.  The best part is that you can pickup and move the traps back to rabbit holes in the fall and winter.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned mushrooms yet.

Because it rains so frequently in spring the mushrooms are almost constantly repopulating and the new birchwood biome has a ton of them everywhere. In just a few days I ended up with a stack of greens & reds. Find a relyable source of monster/frog meat and you'll have enough Meatballs/Bunwiches to last you weeks.

My current world has a Birchwood Pig Village just North of a desert biome full of wolves. Thats given me the easiest source of food I could imagine, as the pig vs wolf war supplies me with far more meat than I expend each time. I actually have stuff rotting because I simply cannot cook/dry it fast enough.

Archived