Sign in to follow this  
Spazmatic

How did you get to know Don't Starve?

Sliver    44

I too got the game because I saw it on both Northernlion and TB's videos.

Although it really makes me wonder. Is it just all of the people that go to forums that watch youtubers, or is a large portion of the sales actually from those youtubers?

sirmentlegen    505
I too got the game because I saw it on both Northernlion and TB's videos.

Although it really makes me wonder. Is it just all of the people that go to forums that watch youtubers, or is a large portion of the sales actually from those youtubers?

the youtubers spread awareness.

Marak    27

NorthernLion did a "Let's Look at..." of Don't Starve; I then did a quick search and watched one or two LP episodes from EthosLab and that Jay012345678904982314093282401938409 guy (worst channel name ever, btw), and by then I knew I had to play me some Don't Starve instead of just watching.

cannajan    10

Ethos LP - knew I'd have to get the game, found a good deal on the forum here. Its a bit like minecraft at first glance so its bound to appeal to all the MC youtubers, and there are plenty of them!

Kohan-k98    10

From Generikb here - i saw the fifth episode of the game and I got interested by de art style of the game then I watched them from the first episode and he says that it's on 20% off on steam so I knew that I had to buy it and so i did ;) and i don't regret that :D

Raveneye    11

I learned about it from a friend of mine's LP (Crossknights), who did the first LP I saw on youtube literally the day before all the big LPers started theirs.

Spazmatic    1,033
By reading this thread!;)
I did not know about the existence of that thread untill you posted it here..Apparently my search skills are not as good as my survival skills..PM'ed Excess about the matter,and gonna give him credit in the OP

TB means tuberculosis!

Just kidding. In this case TB is referring to Totalbiscuit. He's a Youtuber that makes gaming videos and what not, and he did one of Don't Starve

Thanx a lot for telling me where I saw the game ;)

Some    10

I'm coming from youtube, too. Saw it on Cekay's channel and tried to stop myself from buying it for almost a week (i'm seriously broke :D ). In the end i had to buy it!

I saw it on steam , then saw gameplay from LethalFrag and Phreakindee (Lazy Game Reviews) , It looked good so I bought it. I'll never regret paying £9.59... EVER!

Edited by TylerTheDragon
Remembered who Else introduced me to don't starve

I saw a trailer called "Don't Starve" on Steam and though "I don't have a game that involves not starving!". I saw the Tim Burtonesque art and though "I need this!" and that was that.