How did you get to know Don't Starve?

Edit:Original thread idea from Excess,should have searched better before starting a similar thread.

All these people here at the forums,and the number seems to be growing constantly aswell.I haven't found any thread about this subject via the search function(if there is/are thread(s) about this subject I do apologize),but I am kinda curious how everyone found out about Don't Starve. ^^

I actually got introduced to Don't Starve thanks to Northernlion on youtube,he made a Let's look at video about Don't Starve.The art style of the game got me intruiged the very first moment I saw ingame footage.NL also did a fine job covering up most of the basic stuff on his own funny way.Bought the Steam version right after watching the video,something I do not regret at all :D Thank you mr bald Canadian!

Edited by Spazmatic

It seems that Don't Starve has gained much of it's fame from YouTube. What's with the relationship between Indie games and YouTube?

It's tough to say exactly why indie games take off on you tube, because in this type of game they appeal to so many people for different reasons.

You tube serves as a replacement for mainstream media coverage in the indie realm. Most you tubers are indie themselves and thusly are looking out for their own.

Whatever the reason, we cannot deny what a vital role you tube can play in a games success.