Is WX 78 op?

I was just wondering if wx78 was overpowered.

I don't play him so i can't tell but what i noticed is that with RoG it is easy to get a lot of gears early on and so upgrading him faster.

The point of him is finding gears but that is not hard, well they are more common.

Gears are more common, but so is rain... but yeah, he's rather OP... and a great character to use to get a good feel for the game without being too fragile.

Provided you can upgrade him to a decent level before facing any real challenge, because he is the weakest without upgrades.

Playing different characters was not to make any OP just for different play styles. He is fairly balanced now in ROG considering the ridiculous amount of rain.

I dont think he is balanced. The rain only makes me laugh when playing with him, except I have to start in spring, after I have some protection everything is cool and I walk around to get fed with gears.

Rain should do more damage to him.

Necroing but it's better to do this than make a new thread.

In my opinion, his upgrades should be crafted rather than from eating gems. This adds a higher cost and means he cannot go from weak to powerful by clearing a single set piece. Something like 2 electrical doodads, 1 gear and something else for each upgrade would be better, requiring an alchemy engine.

In my opinion, his upgrades should be crafted rather than from eating gems. This adds a higher cost and means he cannot go from weak to powerful by clearing a single set piece. Something like 2 electrical doodads, 1 gear and something else for each upgrade would be better, requiring an alchemy engine.

I like the idea of crafting upgrades. It doesn't require to actually ''craft'' an item, it could just be accessed in a tab of the alchemy engine. You would require some material (to be determined) to prototype the 1st upgrade and it would automatically apply once crafted. For the other upgrades, you could either require the same materials or the number could change, going slightly up with the number of upgrades that have already been performed. Being near the alchemy engine would not be required anymore, since upgrading would have been prototyped once. Another idea: adding upgrade tiers. Tier 1 requires X materials, needs to be prototyped 1st. Then, once you reach tier 2, you require Y materials. You would need to prototype the 1st tier 2 upgrade near the alchemy engine, but other tier 2 upgrades could be performed on the field. There could be, for example, 3 tiers of upgrades. The materials for upgrading could be simple for the 1st tier, and require more complex components as the tier go up, but always requiring at least 1 gear.

I like the idea of crafting upgrades. It doesn't require to actually ''craft'' an item, it could just be accessed in a tab of the alchemy engine. You would require some material (to be determined) to prototype the 1st upgrade and it would automatically apply once crafted. For the other upgrades, you could either require the same materials or the number could change, going slightly up with the number of upgrades that have already been performed. Being near the alchemy engine would not be required anymore, since upgrading would have been prototyped once. Another idea: adding upgrade tiers. Tier 1 requires X materials, needs to be prototyped 1st. Then, once you reach tier 2, you require Y materials. You would need to prototype the 1st tier 2 upgrade near the alchemy engine, but other tier 2 upgrades could be performed on the field. There could be, for example, 3 tiers of upgrades. The materials for upgrading could be simple for the 1st tier, and require more complex components as the tier go up, but always requiring at least 1 gear.

This would be great and scale well, which, with 15 upgrades, would be perfect for him.

There are two mods somewhat like this: Softcore and Hardcore: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=179287930&searchtext=

Well with you customize your wold any one would be OP if you created that way(webber spider lost,wigfrid pigs lots,wickerbottom reeds loots). IDK with you stay in the world he is OK balanced but with you chance world and get autumn THEN OP and VERY OP

There are two mods somewhat like this: Softcore and Hardcore: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=179287930&searchtext=

As I always say, you shouldn't have to mod a fix to a major issue or balance problem.

Well with you customize your wold any one would be OP if you created that way(webber spider lost,wigfrid pigs lots,wickerbottom reeds loots). IDK with you stay in the world he is OK balanced but with you chance world and get autumn THEN OP and VERY OP

When talking about balance it's about default settings. And as it is, he is not balanced, at least if you get autumn.

As I always say, you shouldn't have to mod a fix to a major issue or balance problem.

While I do agree that a mod should never be required to fix a balance issue, I would disagree that it is a balance issue. Klei has stated repeatedly that they aren't trying to get all characters on a level playing field. The aforementioned notwithstanding, I don't think it's a fix to an imbalance but an alternative to a character's core mechanic (hehe)

While I do agree that a mod should never be required to fix a balance issue, I would disagree that it is a balance issue. Klei has stated repeatedly that they aren't trying to get all characters on a level playing field. The aforementioned notwithstanding, I don't think it's a fix to an imbalance but an alternative to a character's core mechanic (hehe)

They may have said that they're not balanced against eachother, but they also said that they should be balanced to be fun. As it is, there is nothing fun about having crazily high stats that are easy to get being his main ability.

They may have said that they're not balanced against eachother, but they also said that they should be balanced to be fun. As it is, there is nothing fun about having crazily high stats that are easy to get being his main ability.

I actually really like WX-78 and find him the funnest (when i actually play him) mostly for 2 reasons only, Wetness and the Lightening.

I love having to really worry about getting wet for reasons other than sanity (especially in the spring) and i love how the lightening allows for you to be much faster, at a cost of a massive sanity drain.

And I find counters even more intense for those encounters before I get the ability to upgrade.

I know opinions and such, but that's my view on him.

WX-78 is beyond OP. Anyone who thinks otherwise should just stick to more elementary characters for the time being - it's only a matter of time before they realise how broken a hero with scaling that quadruples all other characters with the only setback of lousy starting stats truly is.

Put it this way: rain is the only weakness to WX-78--however, rain brings lightning which brings WX's health-spikes into the picture to compensate. Sanity becomes an issue here, but if you play WX-78 in RoG through A Cold Reception, you'll get very used to being Insane and find there's actually no real threat in it (hell, just spend 20 days in Level 2 Caves to experience a far more formidable form of Insanity). Once you realise that Terrorbeaks give sanity back when killed and that you can kite them easily, you'll find refuge in Rain (/Lightning) since the Health Burst, Speed Boost and Night-Light you get from it far exceeds the cons.

Let's put it this way: after playing WX-78 countless times through Adventure in Vanilla, I managed RoG's Adventure first time as WX-78. 300+ of all stats? Hah. Ahaha.

Aaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I was just wondering if wx78 was overpowered.

I don't play him so i can't tell but what i noticed is that with RoG it is easy to get a lot of gears early on and so upgrading him faster.

The point of him is finding gears but that is not hard, well they are more common.

Okay guys, there's one thing: NO ONE OF ALL THESE CHARACTERS THAT KLEI HAS CREATED IS OVERPOVERED!!! REMEBER THIS ONCE AND FOR ALL! They all are balanced in different ways for different gameplay! Klei aren't going to rebalance them in any way. If you find game for yourself too easy, just configure world settings and everything is going to be okay

Okay guys, there's one thing: NO ONE OF ALL THESE CHARACTERS THAT KLEI HAS CREATED IS OVERPOVERED!!! REMEBER THIS ONCE AND FOR ALL! They all are balanced in different ways for different gameplay! Klei aren't going to rebalance them in any way. If you find game for yourself too easy, just configure world settings and everything is going to be okay

They may not be OVERPOWERED but Wx-78 is so easy that it's NOT FUN. And that's the most important thing.

They may not be OVERPOWERED but Wx-78 is so easy that it's NOT FUN. And that's the most important thing.

I think the main idea behind having lots of different character is that each player is able to find one that he likes and that suits his play style. I understand that for you and other players, WX can be seen as too easy and I respect that. In that case, you are free to play any other character you like =) There are a couple of characters that I don't play myself by choice, such as Maxwell (who is really good in the sanity restoration department). I know that some other players love him regardless and it's fine. To each foot his sock ? o_O

Archived