So has anyone actually killed the Dragonfly...

I've killed the thing the old fashioned way with a ton of log suits, although I was playing as Wigfrid, so she already has the combat boost.

I think I'm just going to rely on blow darts in the future however, as with any other character I mis-click too much in my tiny fit of panic to get enough hits in before things get desperate.

Would an ice staff do any good?

I've killed the thing the old fashioned way with a ton of log suits, although I was playing as Wigfrid, so she already has the combat boost.

I think I'm just going to rely on blow darts in the future however, as with any other character I mis-click too much in my tiny fit of panic to get enough hits in before things get desperate.

Would an ice staff do any good?

He can't be frozen while he is in his enraged fiery mode of doom.

I learned that the hard way, at the cost of Wilson's death.

Gonna put this down to people sucking at micromanaging. Sadly though, if the game just swapped equiped items to the location of the item being equiped, micromanaging in fights wouldn't consist of the most desperate scattering of grass between every superfluous inventory slot that Krampus has ever seen.

Um... It does. Right click on the weapon or whatever you want to equip and the un-equipped item will take its place

I actually was surprised how easy it is to kill. Webber had almost full health, a scalemail, a football helmet and a tentacle spike. As soon as I noticed that the Dragonfly didn't do much damage to Webber, I pretty much clicked once to attack and held the button down until it was over.

If you take away the Dragonfly's ability to burn you and wear some of the most effective armor in the game, of course he's easy!

I actually can't tell if serious

Am serious. The reason he burns stuff is to make ashes, which he eats. When his stomach is full he stops burning stuff. Just take a bunch of crap you don't care about and burn it to ash to appease him so he doesn't burn indiscriminately.

ETA: That's only when he's calm though, not when he's enraged.

ETA again: And by feed I mean leave the ash on the ground near him.

Um... It does. Right click on the weapon or whatever you want to equip and the un-equipped item will take its place

Nope, not working like that for me. Not using many mods - and none that should be affecting my inventory at all. Dunno why your one works and mine doesn't. 

When i right click a weapon, it instantly equips itself for me.

That part works fine. We're talking about the item you have equipped and the item you want equipped swapping locations precisely. Currently, the item I right-click will, of course, become equipped, however the item previously equipped will take the 'lastest' slot in my overall inventory instead of taking the slot of the item newly equipped.. 

That part works fine. We're talking about the item you have equipped and the item you want equipped swapping locations precisely. Currently, the item I right-click will, of course, become equipped, however the item previously equipped will take the 'lastest' slot in my overall inventory instead of taking the slot of the item newly equipped.. 

That only happens if the item your currently holding's spot has been taken up. if you want them to swap spots, you gotta drag it over to where you want it, then swap it again. Then is should work.

That only happens if the item your currently holding's spot has been taken up. if you want them to swap spots, you gotta drag it over to where you want it, then swap it again. Then is should work.

Look, I know I talked about everyone sucking at micro, but I'm not Bisu or Cookiezi - no one got time for that. 

Anyway, doesn't make much sense - that whole system, that is. Really just means you have to reserve a few spots in the top of your backpack for combat weapons (God forbid you have to drop your backpack).

How did you have a scalemail before you fought it? Possible cheater. A ton of his damage is fire damage and the scalemail makes you immune to fire damage so of course he is easy.

I got it from the Firefly from last summer. I didn't know it made you immune to fire damage.. that would explain why killing it the second time seemed so easy.

I killed him using Theulcite armor and crown, tentacle spike, bat bat, and surprisingly the giant feather thing to keep me from overheating. I also did alot of failed attempts at kiting, tanking, running away, and keeping my wits. 

I nailed the running around in a panic though and ending it with no sanity. This was a epic boss fight, it is my favorite. :D

Plz end thread, more than three people gave the kiting advise. If you find hims troublesome, rage alt f4 everytime you're about to die. 

CLOSE

It's mostly a discussion about the Dragonfly's balance now, not a "hey has anyone done this? kk thx bye" thread. We really need threads about the balance of the Giants anyway since there are barely any and this is the point where Klei tunes stuff.

It's mostly a discussion about the Dragonfly's balance now, not a "hey has anyone done this? kk thx bye" thread. We really need threads about the balance of the Giants anyway since there are barely any and this is the point where Klei tunes stuff.

Sorry about my spasm, I was farming krampus for 2 hours and I felt the need to take that anger out. In the meantime, I don't think giants need balance. They are a tool for the devs to drive people out of their comfort zone. Yet, devs try to create them as a late game challenge, not as a milestone for beginners ; if you don't engage them, they won't kill you. If you run away from them, they will disappear. What I'm trying to say is, even though they are formidable, people who are well prepared can take them on. 

For those who are curious of how to farm krampus sack in DLC

Wait for full moon>go to gloomer statue>save game

let x = kill gloomer>spawn krampus>kill krampus

if

krampus sack drops

go celebrate

if not

rage quit 

go to

I would have to agree. They hardly need balance, they are more of an end game thriller for experienced players rather than beginners. That being said, most of RoG is balanced for players who have gotten bored with the original game being too easy for them, minus sitting and stacking days on days. 

My experience with most of the giants has been fun, tough, but doable. The Dragonfly is very killable the second time, with its item drop, even to the point of just tanking the damage. 

The only boss I find a bit ridiculous is the Spring MooseChicken. The item he drops is goofy and the kiting method very simple and unexciting. (EDIT: Having looked at other posts, I believe I never searched for her nest)

I'm just crossing my fingers that he gets nerfed before I hit Summer again.

Is he immune to fire from sources like firedarts too?

Giants seem to pop up so fast with seasons only lasting 15 days now! I think my next playthrough I might double season length, I love how you can customize so much.

Archived