So has anyone actually killed the Dragonfly...

He said without blowdarts. But at least you killed it.

Well let's see what else we can do.

You can't kite him.

The boomerang gives him time to advance.

The panflute could work if you keep hitting him until he wakes up.

He's better than any bosses.

So... I think panflute kiting works.

I used a combination of Ice staff and melee with shadow sword. Used a road to help get some distance after he defrosted.

*could probably just tank him with marble armor as Willow since he cannot do his ridiculous fire damage to you.

Killed him with regular Wilson, a new logsuit, new football helmet, half of a football helmet, 3 jerky, and a new tentacle spike. Nothing else. I had everything at full beside my helmet which was at 50 and broke. Then I ate my jerky, equipped the new helmet and killed him. He's not that hard, you just have to kite almost all of the time, hitting him once every time. This was my first time fighting him, so I'll get better results once I see him again.

Killed him with regular Wilson, a new logsuit, new football helmet, half of a football helmet, 3 jerky, and a new tentacle spike. Nothing else. I had everything at full beside my helmet which was at 50 and broke. Then I ate my jerky, equipped the new helmet and killed him. He's not that hard, you just have to kite almost all of the time, hitting him once every time. This was my first time fighting him, so I'll get better results once I see him again.

Gonna put this down to people sucking at micromanaging. Sadly though, if the game just swapped equiped items to the location of the item being equiped, micromanaging in fights wouldn't consist of the most desperate scattering of grass between every superfluous inventory slot that Krampus has ever seen.

I'm kinda concerned about how unkillable these seem. I don't want to just let it wreak havoc and burn the world down, but if you don't, YOU burn down. Same with the bearger eating all my food.

I'm not sure what the Moose and deerclops do naturally in RoG or if they just try to kill you.

Mass amounts of boomerangs?

It takes exactly 73 hits with a boomerang to kill Dragonfly, which translates to 8 boomerangs with 70% to spare. Tanking with a marble suit, football helmet and dark sword seems the best option to kill this beast.

I've had the fortune of trying to figure out how the Dragonfly boss works. What I do know is the fact that it almost always counter attacks with a three hit rapid AoE, it does make chaining hits on it nigh impossible. But I have managed the feat with Maxwell, with just his base items, his shadow sword and night armor. And trust me, it's difficult. Kiting other bosses gives you at least some slight room for error, some more than others, but the Dragonfly is one which if you screw up even once, you're more than likely to get utterly massacred.

That being said, the best way to attack when he's swiping. There's no way you can avoid hits, due to how fast his swing is compared to other bosses, but making the most out of the down time he has is necessary. He also has a slight down time after his AoE attack, which wil let you get another hit in. Hit more than once though, and he'll just chain more AoE attacks until you're dead.

I will say, if you can lure the Dragonfly to a trail or path, use the extra speed boost to help you avoid his AoE attack better. You're never going to avoid his swipe no matter how hard you try.

Also, if you're wondering, it takes 20 blow darts to kill a Dragonfly. You better stock up on killing MacTusk during the winter if you want that safe approach.

I actually was surprised how easy it is to kill. Webber had almost full health, a scalemail, a football helmet and a tentacle spike. As soon as I noticed that the Dragonfly didn't do much damage to Webber, I pretty much clicked once to attack and held the button down until it was over.

I actually was surprised how easy it is to kill. Webber had almost full health, a scalemail, a football helmet and a tentacle spike. As soon as I noticed that the Dragonfly didn't do much damage to Webber, I pretty much clicked once to attack and held the button down until it was over.

How did you have a scalemail before you fought it? Possible cheater. A ton of his damage is fire damage and the scalemail makes you immune to fire damage so of course he is easy.

I'm kinda concerned about how unkillable these seem. I don't want to just let it wreak havoc and burn the world down, but if you don't, YOU burn down. Same with the bearger eating all my food.

I'm not sure what the Moose and deerclops do naturally in RoG or if they just try to kill you.

If you don't want him to burn stuff down, feed him ashes.  Eventually he'll fill his stomach and he'll stop burning things.

Simply use a tentacle spike, 1 log suit and 2 footballs helmet. Now strike it once and fault to become rabid, escapes and strike it again with two hits at a time. You will have to be stricken however, but the damages won't be serious.

Archived