Base Location for Wigfrid

Make meatballs. You can make them with berries and stuff and still be able to eat the meatballs.

^ yep, it really doesnt matter since once you get a crockpot you're able to make "meat" foods that dont use just meat in the recipe.

But savannas work out well, especially if there are beefalo in it.

I like to go near the pig king with her if possible since she uses a lot more gold than most characters.

Areas with a lot of frog ponds are pretty nice too since she can easily massacre all of them.

I'm building my base in a pig village, with some spider sacs that I brought from the swamp. Good farm. 

I suggest you get the lureplants(used to have more but they were burned down) and plant them on a flooring tile. Remember to pick the meat up with bare hands.When your sanity is down, kill some eye plants. 

post-351731-0-25040400-1396896228_thumb.post-351731-0-21266400-1396896284_thumb.post-351731-0-57875400-1396896348_thumb.

Somewhere between spider dens and pig village (not necessarily with king).

Spider dens, preferably 2 or 3, for farming monster meat and sanity & health regeneration via combat.

With farmed monster meat you will be able to turn single pigs to werepigs (with wigfrid and hambat you can kill werepig even before it strikes you), obtaining pig skin and much meat.  

With pig skin your need for gold nuggets will be greatly diminished (this is why I've said pig king is not necessary), as hambat is better than battle spear and will last you 10 days (which is much longer than spear's 200 uses, given wigfrid's focus on combat) and football helmets can replace battle helmets, though with less durability (but it's not much of a problem when you are swimming with pig skins).

Then you can, depending on your current supply ratio of berries to meat (meat in all seasons, less berries in winter & summer) , alternate between meaty stew and meatballs.

So far playing as Wigfrid I have yet to set up a base that doesn't have at least 2 spider dens in close proximity.

Spider Dens are a must for me since her health and sanity regain from killing them are a great way to keep topped up every day.

The monster meat then can be added to the crockpot with 3 non-meat items for meatballs, failing that use the Silk from the spider massacres for a bug net in order to catch bees for your own bee box. Then you can make honey nuggets or honey ham if you have some normal meat.

Having typed this I've realised I've been doing it all wrong and the meatball trick is going to be my new approach lol. 

Usually I make sure I have a Pig Village near-by with king for a constant supply of gold, a few boomerangs for morsels to chuck in the recipe, and the most important of all - Werepig'ing all the local inhabitants with the monster meat.

I should also add, getting a few gears early on is definitely key in order to make an ice box to keep all your food fresher for longer :)

Then you can, depending on your current supply ratio of berries to meat (meat in all seasons, less berries in winter & summer) , alternate between meaty stew and meatballs.

Just to add, Meaty Stew's recover 150 hunger and her max is 120 I think, so I've found that they go to waste really.

-shoot sorry, meant to edit this into my previous post >.<

I should also add, getting a few gears early on is definitely key in order to make an ice box to keep all your food fresher for longer :-)

And it's super easy with Wigfrid and the current amount of Clockwork Monsters ^^

Just to add, Meaty Stew's recover 150 hunger and her max is 120 I think, so I've found that they go to waste really.

Yup, though it means you don't lose much by eating it stale, and sometimes I just have too much spoiled jerky. Though now I realised I should have probably threw it to birdcage and make bacon with eggs. I'm still not sure what she is willing to eat, truth be told ^^

And it's super easy with Wigfrid and the current amount of Clockwork Monsters ^^

Yup, though it means you don't lose much by eating it stale, and sometimes I just have too much spoiled jerky. Though now I realised I should have probably threw it to birdcage and make bacon with eggs. I'm still not sure what she is willing to eat, truth be told ^^

I rarely eat my crock pot foods stale, i usually make them as soon as i need their hunger.

It turns out she refuses to eat ice and, strangely, honey. COME ON, YOU CAN'T DRINK AND HAVE A SWEET TREAT? Yet, she can eat eggs! what kind of logic is this.

And I thought Vikings liked mead :D

But eggs are meat....

Eggs are considered dairy products, not meat.(i.e. excretion from animals.) If excretion from bees do not count as meat, then why should eggs be. My suggestion is to let ice and honey be available sources of food for Wigfrid and I like the suggestion from @Dakes of making  mead out of ice, honey, mushroom and a fruit filling. 

It turns out she refuses to eat ice and, strangely, honey. COME ON, YOU CAN'T DRINK AND HAVE A SWEET TREAT? Yet, she can eat eggs! what kind of logic is this.

She's low-carb/paleo.  :)

Honey nuggets/ hams work great, though.

I find that I like frog ponds more than rabbits; you can collect a lot of frog legs in a short amount of time if you can put down 5+ traps and lure the angry frog mob into it.

Eggs are considered dairy products, not meat.(i.e. excretion from animals.) If excretion from bees do not count as meat, then why should eggs be. My suggestion is to let ice and honey be available sources of food for Wigfrid and I like the suggestion from @Dakes of making  mead out of ice, honey, mushroom and a fruit filling. 

But they still have some meat, even if it is not much.

Okay, i'll shut up now.

You really want to apply real world logic to a game where melon and twigs are used to make a hat? :grin:

I always setup near spiders, if u are in a rush u can just eat cooked monster meat as u make a insane amount of sanity and health back from killing them balancing it out, of cause it is still better to cook it in a cook pot.

Also I like to try and get some wormholes nearby as she can use them without having to worry about sanity as she can make it back so easy.

Set up near a pond or near a large group of catcoons. Catcoons normally attack each other, leaving meat around the place, or you can easily kill them with a couple of hits of your battle spear, which I believe also restores sanity.

Aren't catcoons non-renewable though? I believe they can respawn only 9 times, but I don't know if only being killed by your character counts in this or civil wars ^^ too.

Aren't catcoons non-renewable though? I believe they can respawn only 9 times, but I don't know if only being killed by your character counts in this or civil wars ^^ too.

Oh wow, i didnt know that... I mean it sort of makes sense, given the cats have 9 lives legend, but i dont like the idea of eventually having no catcoons since they are by far my favourite new creature :( Can anyone confirm that this is true?

Oh wow, i didnt know that... I mean it sort of makes sense, given the cats have 9 lives legend, but i dont like the idea of eventually having no catcoons since they are by far my favourite new creature :( Can anyone confirm that this is true?

I can confirm it, I've made a test dedicated to catcoons extinction. Result : Catcoons don't respawn after their ninth death.

Archived