Willow Needs A Buff

What if Willow's Lighter, unlike torches, was buffed to actually heat a player in winter? That would mean you could explore around more at night and be able to wear armor and such.  

A eternal mobile heat source? Wouldn’t that make winter pointless?

Well it would still hamper fighting and resource collection.  So you could freeze during an unexpected fight or something. 

I still think this is overpowered, the resource recollection is unaffected and in the fights you could keep changing between the lighter and the weapon.

I know you can sleep -.- At the cost of hunger. Willow doesnt need to do so, another reason she needs no buff. 

Yeah, like food is hard to find. And Willow is losing hunger, it drains away as she stands there.

The sanity bonus just isn't a big deal. There's loads of easy ways to maintain sanity, such as dapper gear, jerky, taffy, flowers, sleeping, and so on. Even as Wickerbottom or Wolfgang, I have no trouble with it.

I still think that she'd be a lot more balanced and fun to play if she got a large bonus to fire damage dealt, from fire darts and the like, and got a sanity boost from the act of lighting fires, as opposed to standing next to them. Lower the sanity threshold for random fires from 60 to around 30 and you're done.

I still think that she'd be a lot more balanced and fun to play if she got a large bonus to fire damage dealt, from fire darts and the like, and got a sanity boost from the act of lighting fires, as opposed to standing next to them. Lower the sanity threshold for random fires from 60 to around 30 and you're done.

I don't think is logical that she will make more damage with fire, is not like mighty Wolfgang, because he is actually phisically strong. She is not a magician or an esper. But gaining sanity from an "act of lighting" is interesting.

Honestly with the new Spring even Willlow needs to pick flowers generally before end of Day one.   And I can't remember a single time I've played with any character, including Willow, that I didn't set a campfire at night.   The light given from the lighter is just not enough that I feel comfortable exploring at night.  

Personally I don't have a problem with her sanity at all.  Just her gear and her debuff.

If she is a newbie character what does that make Wilson?    Not to mention her Debuff not only is the most destructive, not harmful, of the Character debuffs, but it is also the only one that gains her sanity/is more of a restorative.    As for her sanity, her debuff combined with her easy gain make going insane a Goal.

I doubt the Devs have time/desire to add anything else to the RoG or main game at this point for Willow....

But any interesting thought could possibly be elemental monsters?  We already have the rock lobsters and treants/Tree guards and Birchnut monsters.  The Merms are kinda watery.  And I know everyone would say the Fire hound is the Fire elemental,

But maybe an enemy that is on fire constantly?   Willow would be the only one that could fight it hand-to--hand given her immunity and would have a sanity buff only at extremely close range and loose normal monster range sanity otherwise.  Leaving said monster to only be able to receive ranged damage from the other characters?   And Ice wands/ice flingomatics/rain etc. could put it out for normal character hand-to-hand?

(It could also tie in well with Summer/ sudden fires, but again highly unlikely as there just added the giants. etc. )

Archived