Way too much Rain, Possible bug or Horrible Feature?

I'm getting rain every day and a half on average, always going up to 100 rain and every 3 days it rains frogs, I get it's supposed to be annoying and hard, but I think it's really too much. I want to know if we could get reduced chance for rain or if this is a feature and it's supposed to be like that.

You're lucky. I get frog rain every 4 days with it set to low. I have to take special precautions to stop the frogs from overunning my whole world.

My world is already overrun by frogs... I can only keep moving because if I settle it rains frogs and becomes uninhabittable

I don't get why frog rain upsets people so much. Food is literally falling from the sky.

yeah frog rain is awesome. plus if your start in autumn you should be well prepared for this. this game is about trial and error. "how to deal with frog rain" hmmmmm

I was just at day 15 when it began to frog rain. Just completed my ice box, so I went to kill a few...suddenly lightning strikes my science machine and alchemy engine, and they both burn to the ground...I was so ticked at that point I let the frogs kill me. The game seems a bit TOO cruel in this current version of RoG. There's a difference between punishing and cruel.

Not sure if troll or just noob.

<HOLY **** YOU CAN USE TRAPS ON FROG OMG> 

Get some pigs to fight them for you. Better yet, find some lure plants and let them take the frogs. DUDE, FROG RAIN IS SUPPOSE TO HELP YOU SURVIVE. I read nothing but complains; if you don't think for yourself, you won't learn how to deal with problems (even in real life). 

source: I used to set my base camp around 10 ponds, frogs are good food. 

I was just at day 15 when it began to frog rain. Just completed my ice box, so I went to kill a few...suddenly lightning strikes my science machine and alchemy engine, and they both burn to the ground...I was so ticked at that point I let the frogs kill me. The game seems a bit TOO cruel in this current version of RoG. There's a difference between punishing and cruel.

You can build a lightning rod with a science machine. If you had an alchemy engine, you should have had a lightning rod by then. This is not the game being cruel.

To the OP, this is not a horrible feature, and will be easier to deal with when you have more experience with the game.

I don't get why frog rain upsets people so much. Food is literally falling from the sky.

Ikr? i herded some beefalo in heat to the frogs that fell down, whammie, a stack of frog legs, easy peasy. But as to how some other people are getting frog rain like every 4 days, that is some unlucky shiznit, i only ever get it once or twice a spring, without changing my world options ever.

You can build a lightning rod with a science machine. If you had an alchemy engine, you should have had a lightning rod by then. This is not the game being cruel.

To the OP, this is not a horrible feature, and will be easier to deal with when you have more experience with the game.

Yeah, I was just a bit angry when I made the post...I realized a lightning rod would have been a fine investment there, especially since I had a fairly large amount of gold (and gold accessories)

Rain every day and a half is normal in spring. Frog rain -that- much definitely isn't, though, that's pretty unlucky.

If your wetness is going up to 100 though that's your own fault. Most equipment gives some degree of rain protection (it doesn't -have- to be the special Rain gear) and standing under a tree does as well (The characters will tell you, and birch trees seem better). And then after the rain is done, you can drop your wetness like a rock by using a fire (iirc still wearing the gear whilst you do this helps, unless perhaps if it's Wet already)

And with one piece of gear specifically made for rain prevention, you're nearly immune to it.

the bee person again? lol you have an answer for everything don't you

Well, if there is an answer I know, I will try to provide it. The devs themselves have said that they want the game to be balanced at default settings, meaning that you can imbalance it yourself. In fact, they specifically said they only want feedback on a feature at default settings (at least for that mob, mechanic, etc) because of that exact reason.

There's no need to be rude.

For me, a combination of evil birchnutters and it raining TWICE led to me almost dead at day 4. The parasol helped in the first rain, and then it rot away. I'll create a thread for discussion of challenges that may be problematic with more info and see what everyone thinks, unless there already is a similar thread.

Also, frog rain is nice, but frogs are a)hard to kite b) swarm-aggro like spiders and c) take 3 hits with a spear to kill. If it rains frogs often,  a world swamped by frogs would be hard to live in.

Oyeah, one little mistake could be fatal,it make you either want to die or dead already.

Because world setting tweaking feels cheaty. A vanilla experience should be the exact average. Not too hard, not too easy.

Yes, but many of us feel it is fine the way it is, and don't feel our experience should be ruined because people "feel cheaty". World settings are there to customize it to your taste. There are no leaderboards or competition.

On that note, if the devs change it to be easier, and in my opinion, go further from their vision of what the game should be, wouldn't that be just as "cheaty"?

Yes, but many of us feel it is fine the way it is, and don't feel our experience should be ruined because people "feel cheaty". World settings are there to customize it to your taste. There are no leaderboards or competition.

On that note, if the devs change it to be easier, and in my opinion, go further from their vision of what the game should be, wouldn't that be just as "cheaty"?

exactly my point, thats why world settings was created in the first place. because its impossible for the devs to cater to each and every persons tastes and views on what the game should be.

Well, if there is an answer I know, I will try to provide it. The devs themselves have said that they want the game to be balanced at default settings, meaning that you can imbalance it yourself. In fact, they specifically said they only want feedback on a feature at default settings (at least for that mob, mechanic, etc) because of that exact reason.

There's no need to be rude.

sorry wasn't being rude. i guess you just read it that way. i was just clowning and really didn't give much thought to what you said. more like "here he/she goes again" 

Archived