Tips on defeating the autumn giant?

Hi all

I'm having trouble defeating the autumn giant in my world with Wilson. I'm on day 15 and he has teared my base up, killed all 5 beefalo I found by this point and the one spider den I found. If I attack him he makes me drop my weapon and the one boomerang I have isn't going to help much.

I've backed up my save to the night before he spawns.

So I'm wondering if anyone has managed to find a good way to beat him?

Go into a cave and hire 2 rock lobsters, keep them around your base but not too close.

If you get them to attack  Bearger he will attack back and they go into their rock mode and he will spend most of autumn pounding them and leaving you be.

In my case I did this by a frog infested area so Bearger kept on getting attacked by frogs while he batted at my lobsters, by the time he left the lobsters alone it took me one hit to kill him.

No offense, but the autumn giant is the easiest. (But not for everyone, i'll admit that) Just kite him and he is easy.

I don't doubt he is easy but without method he is not so easy.

How exactly should I kite him? On which animation should I run in for an attack?

I'm assuming you're saying to use log suits and a weapon here?

You don't have to go in too deep to find rock lobsters, just get a log suit, some rocks for bribing and stuff to make fire and torches.. look around the place you spawn and usually there are rock lobsters right by the entrance. hire 2 and get out

Rock lobsters will infest the overworld over time though. (Or did that get fixed?)

Strange, he never charged when i fought him.

Oh yea that's right forgot about that. The rockys idea didn't work out too well anyway, I had to bail out of the caves because I almost died from the bats. 

I love having Rock Lobsters infesting my world :grin: They are so handy! By a swamp they make it a tentacle spikes farm, by frog ponds they keep the pesky frogs under control, by bees they make an excellent honey / stinger farm and on the other areas they are just nice friendly guys to have around I hope the devs keep it this way ^^

No offense, but the autumn giant is the easiest. (But not for everyone, i'll admit that) Just kite him and he is easy.

I think Goose Moose is easier, a handful of spiders kicked his butt. All bosses need a AOE of some kind to prevent this from happening.

Everybody is constantly telling everybody to use armor, I don't get it. The only time I seem to need armor is frog rain...

Well if you want to fight safely, you use armor. There is a lot things that could go wrong during a giant fight, and for frog rain I only need rabbit traps.

In the end I started a new world and used the debug console to give me 2xlog suits and 2x ham bats, I then used the console to spawn in Bearger and tbh after a few tries he was very easy. I did this with all the giants.

I thought deerclops was the easiest followed by the Goose then bearger and I found the dragonfly the hardest to kill.

I'd suggest to anyone having trouble with defeating giants to start a new world and try this method to practice.

Also without the log suits I would have been dead after two hits from any of the giants.

Interesting.

this one was a pain for me, since it went into some kind of berserk mode, running and waving it hands.Everytime i got close enough to hit him he did some damage to me, and after EVERY hit my wepon would fell of my hands ^^ It took me two days and tons of healing stuff to kill him.

How exactly should I kite him? On which animation should I run in for an attack?

I've only fought him once - I spawned him in after I heard his growling but then it stopped and he never showed.  This worked for me:   as per normal, run just into range where he starts his attack, run away, he'll swing.  Run back in and get 2 hits to be safe, it's possible to get 3 but that takes precise timing.  

IF he does his area stomp attack, you can run back in but ONLY do 1 hit, as he'll get a pretty fast swing after he stands up from the stomp.

He never did charge me or anything else, but I never got very far from him.  It's possible it also had something to do with him being spawned perhaps. 

Autumn Giant was pretty easy for me, i was away from my base but i had a spear and log suit when he spawned , I sort of let him charge around for a while until he glitched and charged a corner and kept doing it, i tried to get in there and kill him but it damaged me so he stopped after a little bit and began to swipe at me trying to damage me but i just kited him, 2 attacks then run back, when he slams the ground you cant get 2 attacks before getting hit, the slam of the ground doesn't damage you but can cause you to drop your spear, i think the ground slam is designed to destroy your stuff. But yeah just 2 attacks then run away, and whenever your not sure about when you can attack just bait out a strike by walking into attack range, then running out again

I just "fought" the autumn giant. What really happened was his AI confused me the entire fight until he despawned the second he leaves me alone enough for me to go to my base to get a bat bat. So far he is my least favorite because it was not much fun to mess with.

Once we started fight, he didn't really do anything. I smacked him a couple of times to try to get him to follow me, but he refused to move and would quickly lose aggro.

Next he finally ran after me, then stopped again. I smacked him and he swiped back, and eventually would ground pound.

Then he lost all aggro because he wanted to steal from my bee boxes, which made sense to me, and I watched the bees naturally unable to hurt him.

But that wasn't enough, so he slammed to ground to kill the harmless bees while destroying my bee boxes.

Finally I get him to chase me again, but now he won't stop. I wait for a moment to strike but he never gave me one. Consistently he ran around, sometimes after me, knocking the weapon out of my hand when ever I got near.

So I tried luring him into the big decidous tree forest to let them kill him, however he did a pretty good job flattening it. However multiple times he would get stuck trying to run into the ocean, and when I sent spiders to kill him while he did this, he was able to kill them from behind while he ran in place.

I go to get some health, he runs though the center of my base, I get him to go back to the trees, I go to grab my bat bat, and he is gone.

I LOVED the dragonfly boss, it was epic and scary to fight. This guy however, was difficult because of a funky AI and he wasn't fun at all.

Archived