A fresh start - Journal of my world thing

This is a journal of sorts about my encounters in Don't Starve - Reign of Giants.  I am playing as Webber, with Birchguards to None (I hate those guys) and everything else default.

As I have already made it to Day 41, I will now give an account of what has happened so far.

I spawned in a green forest, conveniently close to a touchstone.  After gathering a few materials, I traveled north in search of a good place.  I walked for a few days, until reaching a Deciduous biome with a pig king and glommer statue close by.  It was also close to a desert, and a large concentration of hound mounts.  It was here that I set up shop.

post-223117-0-16847400-1396592492_thumb.

After I had a small camp built, I prepared for Summer, building things like an ice cube hat, an endothermic firepit, and other misc things.  Summer was long and mundane, basically me barely surviving.  During this time, I prepared to tackle the two main threats: the hound mounds, and the pig city.  After the harsh season was over, I laid siege on the pigs, enlisting the help of a lureplant and my Glommer.  The glommer died and the lureplant burst into flames (Summer wasn't quite over), but I won in the end.

(Like an idiot, I didn't take any screenshots of this.)

After building a beebox, and healing up, I took on the hound mounds.  It took 4 of each armor piece and 6 spears, but again, I won.  Again.  Leaving me where I am now (after healing).

post-223117-0-29818300-1396592893_thumb.

post-223117-0-71363500-1396592912_thumb.

My map didn't generate a pig king :/ Now I'm sad and I don't know what to do (day 38), Funny thing though,at day 4, while the pigs were fighting spiders. a krampus came out. I whacked the krampus and it dropped ^&*(^%&(%&*. So right now I have to either, stay in this world and use the krampus sack, or lose the sack and move onto the next world.Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

My map didn't generate a pig king :/ Now I'm sad and I don't know what to do (day 38), Funny thing though,at day 4, while the pigs were fighting spiders. a krampus came out. I whacked the krampus and it dropped ^&*(^%&(%&*. So right now I have to either, stay in this world and use the krampus sack, or lose the sack and move onto the next world.Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

You could possibly spawn him in. That is what I tend to do if my world is absent of a pig king.

You could possibly spawn him in. That is what I tend to do if my world is absent of a pig king.

If you want to make a new world and still keep your krampus sack, pack up and build the Teleportato. It lets you keep all your inventory, including backpacks, to a new world, as well as change character.

Every world makes sure that at least one pig king spawns, so it's either very far from spawn or just in an unexplored part of the map. For ROG, they seem to keep spawning in Birchnut Forests.

Every world makes sure that at least one pig king spawns, so it's either very far from spawn or just in an unexplored part of the map. For ROG, they seem to keep spawning in Birchnut Forests.

Not to get off topic but there is a chance that the pig king doesn't spawn at all. It has happened to me on several occassions.

Not to get off topic but there is a chance that the pig king doesn't spawn at all. It has happened to me on several occassions.

Really? Are you sure you explored the entire map? I've seen someone whose pig king spawned all by himself in a forest before, almost four biomes away from spawn.

On topic please.

Anyways, some updates:

post-223117-0-35705400-1396641328_thumb.

Autumn so far has been a breeze.  I dug up some graves and found some gears, so I went ahead and built a flingomatic.  Also finished the farm.  Look upon its majesty, and be ashamed you are incapable of matching it.

post-223117-0-03043400-1396641312_thumb.

Day 50 celebration.

I kited him into the desert and made him fight the hounds.  Then I just tanked with the marble suit and football helmet.

EDIT:

Autumn is the calmest of the seasons

Screw you, Wiki.  Screw you.

I killed my bearger with rock lobsters and frogs

I had brought 2 rock lobsters to the surface and he shows up, they attack him and go on rock mode and he kept battign at them and leaving me be. I then kited frogs to him (we were by several ponds) and his hp kept on going down. I finally turned into beaver and one chomp killed him :grin:

My battle with bearger ended in disaster.He charged into my base and killed me three times.It was so devastating I went into the teleportato, and I forgot to pick up my scalemail before going into another world. Great!

I actually find the dragonfly to be easier than bearger. 

Archived