Help! Reign of Giants DLC won't work!

I just bought the reign of giants DLC with the Don't starve bundle on steam and they both installed but when I load up the game I can't see the Reign of Giants logo on startup. I went to check the game's properties files and it says the DLC is installed but I still can't see it when I start the game up. I restarted Steam and tried reinstalling the game but still no luck and I even restarted my computer. Also when I start up the game on steam it says this game requires you enter a special product key when asked which is the DLC product key but it never prompts me to enter one. Please help me I don't know what's wrong and I'm anxious to play :( .

A lot of Steam users are having major issues playing the RoG dlc after buying this bundle. The game and dlc are all downloaded, but it will not activate the DLC. I understand this is the  second day it's live, and I also understand it's working on Klei's end, but Steam has yet to  address the issue. I just really want to play it lol  :wickerbottomthanks:

Have you tried launching the game? It should have an option when you create a new world, a checkbox marked ROG

Not to be an *******, but are you serious lol? Yes, I've tried launching the game. Everything is downloaded, but  the RoG dlc does not seem to be working at all.

When I check the games local files, there doesnt seem to be any file related to RoG. For those that have RoG, is there a local file for it? If so, then Steam somehow forgot to include the file in the download or something. Idk, I just want my money's worth for this game. I guess I'm gonna have to submit a ticket and get a refund. Then buy the standalone versions of both

Right now, we are asking that people contact steam support directly as this is a steam issue and not a game issue. We don't have any way to check your purchase or account in any way.

But, please also go to kleisupport.desk.com and send us your steamid so we can take it to valve and try to figure out what is going on.

I don't know what is happening with this particular issue, but if we can get a few steam IDs to check, I am sure we can get it sorted out today.

JoeW, How do you contact steam support if the support continues to redirect me to support@kleientertainment.com

Koai, i did that multiple times and it is still not working.

Some things that might be useful to know. After installation the game is 430MB in size. So the DLC is downloaded but no installed or for some reason not recognized.

The build has the content buildID 226534, don’t know I that information is helpful.

Annyone with a working expansion, can you post yout workbuildID (its in steam uinder the verify integrity of game cache button).

I followed all the steps you've given, I've talked to Steam Support and it's been pretty frustrating. All they do is tell us to talk to Klei about it. At this point if nobody is going to fix it I'd rather have a refund. It's ridiculous.

If you bought the "Don't Starve + Reign of Giants" combo pack on steam, it wasn't pushing the files for RoG. We fixed that just a little while ago, so it should be fine. 

The gifted part of the 2 pack may still have issues, we are looking into that as well. 

I purchased the dlc from the humble widget when the beta was released, but in the mail I only get the option to install it on steam (which I have). I can't find any options how to download the game without having to purchase it again..

Archived