Favorite giant?

76 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Giant?

• Goose/Moose
    • Bearger
    • Dragonfly
    • Deerclops

I would have to say Dragonfly.

I love how it looks when it is enraged so much, it makes me want to pour lava onto all my enemies.

Dragonfly_rage.png

Goose would come 2nd though, it's a nice break from the huge aggressive giants, plus it's moosling is adorable c:

1) I didn't know Dragon fly was like this! It looks more scary now that it is in this "angry" mode. It should be like that ALL the time!

2) Goose is a giant. Why is it made so goofy and in some people's opinion adorable?! It's supposed to be scary and lethal, but noooo, lets make a giant, that'll give spark in people's eyes (dull). I hate Goose giant! But don't blame me; haters gonna hate!

Actually I just realized, that Dragonfly and Goose, I think are passive when you're not near them, idk about Bearger really, but he might be passive too. Deerclops is the only one that'll chase you off when spotting you from a distance, so Deerclops is what I really hate. Never thought that Klei would make those giants so passive!

2) Goose is a giant. Why is it made so goofy and in some people's opinion adorable?! It's supposed to be scary and lethal, but noooo, lets make a giant, that'll give spark in people's eyes (dull). I hate Goose giant! But don't blame me; haters gonna hate!

Well in my opinion each season should have atleast one advantage over other things.

Summer has increased drying speed and stuff like that

Winter has quite a few good items that can only be looted/ crafted from mobs that appear at winter (Tam and Walking cane come to mind)

Autumn is the general all around season.

Spring has plants growing faster and an easier giant with an adorable baby.

Mosling.png

Even though basically the whole reason to get the DLC is to make the game even harder (which it does), in my opinion you occasionally need some sort of break (Like having a really hard level, then having a easier level after to try and make you feel like you are even better than before even though the level it's self is pretty easy)

Just my opinion though.

1) I didn't know Dragon fly was like this! It looks more scary now that it is in this "angry" mode. It should be like that ALL the time!

Actually I just realized, that Dragonfly and Goose, I think are passive when you're not near them, idk about Bearger really, but he might be passive too. Deerclops is the only one that'll chase you off when spotting you from a distance, so Deerclops is what I really hate. Never thought that Klei would make those giants so passive!

For some reason I find the firefly more goofy than the m/Moose, its something about his oversized arms and impossible biology to fly that makes it hard for me to take it seriously, the g/Goose on the other hand seems like a mutation of nature, kinda like the deerclops. And all the giants are equally aggressive for what I seen.

All of this update, just made me think... THIS GAME IS NOT SCARY AND HARD ENOUGH! I want big horror, hard to survive, hard to fight, hard EVERYTHING! I know what I'm gonna do; I'm gonna be a douch and get this experience; gonna get Wes, use him as a character, then make my world hard and have my horrible world open to me!

All of this update, just made me think... THIS GAME IS NOT SCARY AND HARD ENOUGH! I want big horror, hard to survive, hard to fight, hard EVERYTHING! I know what I'm gonna do; I'm gonna be a douch and get this experience; gonna get Wes, use him as a character, then make my world hard and have my horrible world open to me!

post-354119-0-02055400-1396560183_thumb.

Make sure to set all enemies to lots and a eternal night!

I know how you feel. Just edit the game files a bit. Set the rare-value on something like 0.15. This will make ressources really rare. No Carrots, no berry bushes and everthing good on rare. Scary mobs on more.

This will make your game really hard.

The badger one is pretty cool looking.  It was pretty terrifying to see him follow me to my base after killing tens of beefalo.  Not sure where he wandered off to, but it's winter now so I guess I escaped.  

Well in my opinion each season should have atleast one advantage over other things.

Summer has increased drying speed and stuff like that

Winter has quite a few good items that can only be looted/ crafted from mobs that appear at winter (Tam and Walking cane come to mind)

Autumn is the general all around season.

Spring has plants growing faster and an easier giant with an adorable baby.

Mosling.png

Even though basically the whole reason to get the DLC is to make the game even harder (which it does), in my opinion you occasionally need some sort of break (Like having a really hard level, then having a easier level after to try and make you feel like you are even better than before even though the level it's self is pretty easy)

Just my opinion though.

Don't forget you can harvest over 9000 stacks of mushrooms in Spring and has raining frog of death/food. 

For other seasons:

Summer is probably easier than winter since day time is longer and heat preventing items are common(ice, melon and flingomatic)

There are reasons why I hate Goose/Moose:

In real life, these two things scare the crap out of me(I'm Canadian).You can find them in two places, cemetery and national parks. One is the place you want to gtfo, the other one should be a place for relaxation, not some noisy farmville. They also chase me whenever I get too close. 

Start in summer as Wigfrid.

Dragon/Bug for sure..Although a dragonfly isn't a bug actually, it's part of the order Odonata, not a true bug actually.

The more you know.

He's a Dragon-Fly hybrid. Of couse he's a Dragon/Bug, just like Bearger is a Bear-Badger hybrid and Goose/Moose is said hybrid.

Wikipedia : "A dragonfly is an insect belonging to the order Odonata..."

Dictionnary.com : "We tend to use the word bug loosely for any very small creature with legs. However, a true bug is defined as belonging to the order Hemiptera. These creatures characteristically have tough forewings and lack teeth, such as beetles. True bugs have a stylet (a mouth shaped like a straw) that they use to suck juices from plants. Insects belong to the class Insecta and they are characterized by three-part bodies, usually two pairs of wings, and three pairs of legs, (e.g., bees and mosquitoes). Arthropods (spiders, ticks, centipedes, etc.) is a separate phylum from bugs and insects. All of this does not mean that you are wrong to call various insects bugs; because of the common usage of this meaning, it is certainly acceptable."

It's a bug. :-)

The badger one is pretty cool looking.  It was pretty terrifying to see him follow me to my base after killing tens of beefalo.  Not sure where he wandered off to, but it's winter now so I guess I escaped.  

Bearger is a good feature in this game. He does splash damage and damages anyone who gets too close when he's really angry; good way to deal with overpopulated beefalo and get some good stuff, especially, if you're not prepared any clothing for winter (have not tracked any Koelefant) you can get the Hibernation vest to use instead :-)

PS I sometimes feel the game is too hard and sometimes think it's too easy. It's good if I can set up a base and live, but in my exploration I like to be haunted and get the experience of a horror game. I really want that tree, Weeping Willow from Wilberly Bewitched mod to be a real thing in the game; makes Swamp during the night, rain and lightning to look spooky :-)

Start in summer as Wigfrid.

Hei, I want it to be hard, not impossible, else it looks pointless!

Wikipedia : "A dragonfly is an insect belonging to the order Odonata..."

Dictionnary.com : "We tend to use the word bug loosely for any very small creature with legs. However, a true bug is defined as belonging to the order Hemiptera. These creatures characteristically have tough forewings and lack teeth, such as beetles. True bugs have a stylet (a mouth shaped like a straw) that they use to suck juices from plants. Insects belong to the class Insecta and they are characterized by three-part bodies, usually two pairs of wings, and three pairs of legs, (e.g., bees and mosquitoes). Arthropods (spiders, ticks, centipedes, etc.) is a separate phylum from bugs and insects. All of this does not mean that you are wrong to call various insects bugs; because of the common usage of this meaning, it is certainly acceptable."

It's a bug. :-)

bugs, bugs everywhere

Hei, I want it to be hard, not impossible, else it looks pointless!

Set your base up in Ruins.

Great thing about Don't Starve is, that anyone can tweak difficulty to own needs.

Living on the surface isn't challening enough?

Move undeground, there are mushrooms, depthworms, spiders and bunnymen to provide you w/ food.

Monsters seem so easy to handle?

Try killing them in melee combat, etc.

Archived