Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

dimQ

Early acces confusion

dimQ    0

hey,guys! I bought a set of DLC + original game, got the license keys to both products. So how do I get access to the beta? Does not mean that I need to buy DLC AGAIN?  :nightmare:

Bryce    1,068

You should have access automatically! If the background is purple and the update name is "Giant Steps" then you're playing the beta content. If not - let me know.

dimQ    0

In library (Steam) a game name is don`t starve, "beta versions" window is empty. What should I do?

dimQ    0

When the game is started, background of Main menu is orange.

Steam talling me that i shoud insert serial number that i have for RoG dlc, but where?

Reinstall the game, still same.

JanH    6,516

When the game is started, background of Main menu is orange.

Steam talling me that i shoud insert serial number that i have for RoG dlc, but where?

Reinstall the game, still same.

@dimQ Where did you buy the game? When you bought it, did you buy both the DLC and Regular Don't Starve?

You should be able to enter in your RoG game key in "Add a Game", you can find that button in the bottom-left of your Steam client. 

Choose "Activate a game on Steam", then type in or paste your RoG key. This should activate the expansion on your Steam account. 

dimQ    0

yeah, i do it, just copy-paste serial number. Steam says is invalid sn.

trying it for both products, same.

JoeW    26,549

@dimQ 

Where did you purchase the game? If you purchased it from our widget here on the forum, can you PM me the email address you used to purchase?

I assume this is the case, because you won't need keys from steam if you purchased there. 

dimQ    0

looks like is total confusion  :loyal:

repeat, i bought DLC+Dont starve pack, thats all. not buy early acces.

so i need to buy DLC early acces in addition, or i can enter a password for acces beta?

thats my question

buy in steam

JoeW    26,549

Reign of Giants is the only DLC for Don't Starve, but it is currently in Early-Access beta on Steam. 

If you purchased in steam, you are given two keys, but you don't use them in steam. You will use these later if you want to use the standalone version. 

If you are playing Don't Starve and you get the Orange background instead of the purple background, it may just be that it hadn't finished downloading the DLC yet. Try restarting the game. 

If that still doesn't work. Restart your computer and when you open up steam again, check to see if it had downloaded the DLC and try again. 

dimQ    0

restarting my PC,and steam as well, but still no RoG dlc,or "Giant Steps" update. Have only original Don`t Starve in library, and there are no hints to download  :jaded:

for sure: do i need to purchase early acces separately, or its included in pack ?

UnderwearApp    134

restarting my PC,and steam as well, but still no RoG dlc,or "Giant Steps" update. Have only original Don`t Starve in library, and there are no hints to download  :jaded:

for sure: do i need to purchase early acces separately, or its included in pack ?

If I understand correctly, you bought "Don't Starve + Downloadable content" on Steam, phrased like that?

If that is the case, then yes, you need to buy the early access DLC. The "pack" that was on steam was the base game + the original soundtrack from the game (the soundtrack being the DLC in this case). There is now a "Don't Starve + Reign of Giants DLC" pack available, but I don't gather that is what you purchased.

Hope it helps.

dimQ    0

name of my purchase is "Don`t Starve + Reign of Giants DLC" (buy yesterday 9:30 PM), and i have no beta available.

It looks like if i buy only DS and next i buy early acces DLC, then i will have beta acces that will become standalone (RoG) in future,right?

For now i need to buy early access separetaly, so, by fact, it means that i must buy DLC second time (what? :hypnotized: ) to get beta acces?

Holodomor    3

Hi,

I can relate to that. I'm a long time Dont Starve player, and i decided to buy the bundle on steam for the occasion. Here's my billing : 

Don't Starve + Reign of Giants DLC  
18,99 EUR

I installed the game, restarted steam as mentionned in the FAQ, and it didnt work : the background was orange, the game was the vanilla, not the DLC. I verified in the game files, and it mentionned "Dont Starve Reign of Giants" in the DLC area. During the launching, the small window appeared with two games, and two keys : the vanilla, and "Reign of Giants", but the DLC didnt appear in-game.

I tried a few other tricks, but i cant launch the DLC ; apparently the bundle doesnt include the beta-access.  If i did something wrong in the process, thanks for helping ; otherwise, it'd be nice to be advised that buying the bundle means waiting for the official launch :)

Anyway, thanks for the good work guys.

(and i beg you to aplogize my poor english, not my natural language.)

dimQ    0

As i know the beta access must be free for those people who buy product already (i mean DS+RoG DLC)

there is an option in steam (right click DS > properties > Beta versions) where i can select join to beta, or not. At this moment this option is empty.

Holodomor    3

So after verification, the installation only mentions "Dont Starve", and not "Reign of Giants". The DLC is only mentionned in the steam files window, meaning it will be installed after the official release. Plus there's no "RoG" file in my steamapps, so the bundle doesnt include the acess to the beta. Evenn though the DLC part of the bundle is exactly the same as the one that gives beta access.

Cool.

Bump.

I am having the issue as well. When you buy the Don't Starve + Reign of Giants DLC, you get both. And when you get Reign of Giants DLC, it is automatically an Early Acess game, wether we bought it together or not.

Don't Starve + Reign of Giants DLC Don't Starve + Reign of Giants DLC Don't Starve + Reign of Giants DLC

dimQ    0

devs are disappeared, feels like moment of silence about our money, at least for this month   :happypigs:  :loyal:

Holodomor    3

I'm really disappointed to see no interest from the devs here ; a simple message of aknowledgment would have been enough. I know it's a beta, but these days it doesnt mean anything. You sold us a product that we can't access, and thats a real problem.

Ill just contact Steam support and ask why they allow this kind of issues to go unsolved.

Thanks for nothing - since i see you answered to a lot of other bugs in the meantime.

VelenoRosso    6

I'm really disappointed to see no interest from the devs here ; a simple message of aknowledgment would have been enough. I know it's a beta, but these days it doesnt mean anything. You sold us a product that we can't access, and thats a real problem.

Ill just contact Steam support and ask why they allow this kind of issues to go unsolved.

Thanks for nothing - since i see you answered to a lot of other bugs in the meantime.

You do realize what you've bought, right?

Steam early access to BETA version ^^

Things do not work as expected in BETAs, it takes time to fix them.

You got devs in your thread how long after you posted? few h?

How did you came to this stupid conclusion that after they noticed this, they haven't worked on it?

@devs: you might consider adding EULA to this early access on steam, which will state that you're testing it at own risk :D

dimQ    0

there was a tech problem with early acces from "DS+ RoG DLC", that was solved for 11 hours after last devs post. Its good and fast enough, but nobody notified us (in HOT thread) about this problem will be solved.

Pushing f5 for every 15-20 mins all day long, thats why we was so unhappy.