Webber notes

I know i posted these already, but this is a whole new thread for everything i've found so you won't have to go digging.

-Starts with a random amount of monster meat

-Webber has a tag that allows him to eat "Horrible" food, which means he can eat pig skin for 10 health and 10 hunger.

-Spiders have no insanity aura

-No health penalty from monster meat and red mushrooms

-Can befriend spiders by giving them monster meat (ANY SPIDER. including cave ones, etc.)

-ALL Spider types and spider queens don't attack unless provoked

-Attacked on sight by Pigman and bunnymen

-Maximum stats: 100 sanity, 175 hunger, 175 health

-HOW TO UNLOCK: Loot webber skull from spider, (kind of rare drop) bury it in a open grave, then watch what happens. (Most of you have actually already figured this out, good job!)

-KNOWN QUOTES:

On flower: "We agree on this flowers are nice"

On Alchemy engine: "Father used to work on something like that."

On evergreen: "Pines are always greener on the other side of the fence"

On Night light: "It makes our skin crawl."

On Spitter: "Lay down some web for us."

On redbird: "Red is my favorite color!"

On seeds: "A small life trapped within, my sympathies."

When dusk starts: "it's almost time for bed."

On (unpicked) Grass: "Grass, next best thing to silk."

On rabbit hole: "Come out! We just want to be friends."

On Sleeping Spider: "Wake up, friend!"

On Spiderden: "Looks cozy in there."
On Spider queen: "Mommy-longlegs?"

On birchnut tree: "My, what nice foilage you have."

On Spider: "Spiders understand us."

On Pigman: "Aw, you're no fun."

On pond: "Water doesn't go well with our fur."

Too dark to see: "We can't see! i want my night light."

On Lumpy evergreen: "A dying breed."

On Maxwell Statue: "That's the guy who said he could help us!"

On Hound: "That's an angry puppy!"

Hounds approaching: "Doggies are coming!"

On Thermal Measurer: "How hot is it, Mr. Thermal Measurer?"

-CAN GROW A SILKY BEARD THAT CAN BE SHAVED FOR SILK

-May or may not be attacked by bees on sight, was attacked during spring so its possible it was just because of spring that they attacked.

-With a fully grown beard, you can get 6 silk from shaving it. Takes around the same time as Wilson to grow it, fully grown beard at day 16.

This post is being regularly edited to update it. For this reason, you should check this post regularly.

To any Klei employees reading this, a note about the spider followers.

I'm not sure this is intentional but they're a little impractical to get since they won't come out of their den for you when you walk near in the day. If this is intended, fair enough. If not, please fix it.

Also: Does the "is a monster" trait mean anything specific beyond monster meat and agressive pigs?

To any Klei employees reading this, a note about the spider followers.

I'm not sure this is intentional but they're a little impractical to get since they won't come out of their den for you when you walk near in the day. If this is intended, fair enough. If not, please fix it.

Also: Does the "is a monster" trait mean anything specific beyond monster meat and agressive pigs?

May or may not cause bees to attack on sight, because it was during spring and bees are generally aggressive during that time. So i can't confirm.

I'm pretty sure that thing you said about the spider den is intended.

May or may not cause bees to attack on sight, because it was during spring and bees are generally aggressive during that time. So i can't confirm.

I'm pretty sure that thing you said about the spider den is intended.

Bees always do that now. I'm also just not sure because it makes the whole spider follower system kinda too impractical.

Bees always do that now. I'm also just not sure because it makes the whole spider follower system kinda too impractical.

I thought they only did that in spring only?

Also, off-topic but i added the quote for approaching hounds. And how much silk you get from a fully grown beard.

When Webber examines the Maxwell Statue, he says "That's the guy who said he could help us!". Some slight back story.

Added.

So, i just used the skip day cheat until winter started, and it took quite a while for him to actually freeze. Took him about half a day with only his fully grown silky beard. The edges of the screen didnt even turn to the warning level until then. So, this could mean the beard helps, but not confirmed.

Are Bunnymen/Beardlords also hostile to Webber? Also, can he only befriend normal spiders or can he befriend all varieties of spiders (cave spiders such as spitters for instance).

Just tested, Bunnymen are also hostile on sight. (Wasnt carrying any meat)

All spiders are neutral, including cave ones, spider warriors, etc.

You can indeed befriend them all.

Just tested, Bunnymen are also hostile on sight. (Wasnt carrying any meat)

All spiders are neutral, including cave ones, spider warriors, etc.

You can indeed befriend them all.

Thanks, are you able to bring your spider friends to the surface or below ground after you've befriended them? Similar to Rock Lobsters

Thanks, are you able to bring your spider friends to the surface or below ground after you've befriended them? Similar to Rock Lobsters

Probably. Also, it only takes ONE monster meat to befriend spiders. They will never leave your side like pigs. And will always attack things you attack or things that attacked you.

Even if you hammer the ancient station thing, the spider types that spawn will not attack you when they spawn.

You still lose sanity at dusk, but i havent tested night.

Probably. Also, it only takes ONE monster meat to befriend spiders. They will never leave your side like pigs. And will always attack things you attack or things that attacked you.

Even if you hammer the ancient station thing, the spider types that spawn will not attack you when they spawn.

You still lose sanity at dusk, but i havent tested night.

So if they never leave my side, I can basically amass a giant spider army? Also, you don't gain sanity from being near friendly spiders like you would by being near befriended pigs as a different character, right?

So if they never leave my side, I can basically amass a giant spider army? Also, you don't gain sanity from being near friendly spiders like you would by being near befriended pigs as a different character, right?

Yes, you can indeed make a giant spider army since they never leave your side no matter what. (and its awesome, nothing can touch you) Sadly, you dont gain sanity from being near befriended spiders, but you also dont lose sanity from being near spiders even if they are not befriended.

Pretty sure you can still trade with the pig king, though the pigs around it will attack you on sight. So it's not recommended unless you have a spider army.

Yes, you can indeed make a giant spider army since they never leave your side no matter what. (and its awesome, nothing can touch you) Sadly, you dont gain sanity from being near befriended spiders, but you also dont lose sanity from being near spiders even if they are not befriended.

Nice. Speaking of pigs, are you able to trade your graveyard junk to the pig king for gold or will he refuse to have anything to do with you because you're Webber?

Archived