Dark Souls 2

Luggs

After many torturous hours, I've finally beat it. Had a lot of fun and expect to have a lot more fun.

Liked: limited enemy spawns. The lore. The characters. (Specifically Shelquoir, Pate, Emerald Herald, Manscorpion Tark, Gavlan, and Jester Thimas.) Power stance. Hexes to my surprise.

Disliked: Old Iron Keep. I understand Darksouls is unfair. But I'm just not a fan of items you're expected to die for. The emerald herald level up. She annoys me the same way the Maiden of Black did in demon souls. A critical part of the game your level up is stuck in one place. Feels like a step back from dark souls 1.

What about you.

Still waiting for the PC version so i can't talk to much since i only watched a bit of a let's play (only the early areas) andf stopped to not spoil myself to much but still as i heard its a bit more beginner friendly then Demon and Dark Souls (even though i found Dark Souls to be rather beginner friendly if you know that you don't go to the graveyard first)

Still im exited and hope that the PC port is better than the Dark Souls one (since i heard that the Orginial Dark Souls had a rather terrible PC port)

Pffft. Dark Souls 2? That great sequel of a fun and challenging game? Oh please.

I'd rather play the brain-numbing Smurfs' village, thank you very much.

Its not so much a sequel as It takes place 1000 years later and only a few npc's refer to dark souls ,And the only challenging parts are the fights near the cliffs. And it is fun screaming your head off and breaking controllers because you fell off a cliff with 45k of souls.

Well i think with the release of the PC version this thread now has a point again (also i think another thread would be redundant)

So far i realy like the game even though i get my bttocks handed to me by each boss i encounter (what have been 2 so far the Lost Giant and the Pursuer) and just try to figure out what works best for me

So far i run 2 different chars a knight with a mace +3 and a sorcerer/warrior (since he has 11 strengh and 9 dex and i picked the sorcerer as my starting class) that runs with the flamesword +1 (soon +3 once i get the titanite chunks and the souls for it)

And i need to say compared to Dark Souls 1 i have alot more fun getting through the areas because of the amount of shortcuts and bonfires that there are cause you don't know how i was pissed of to run all the way through undeadburg killing the same enemys over and over again just to get swiped of the bridge by Taurus Demon again.

Only complain i have is the limited enemy spawn thing since it makes getting a full set of a specific armor (example the Ironclad/Old Ironclad armor) much more difficult if you realy want to run with it

Also have to see how the invasions will turn out so far i have not been invaded since my Soulmemeory is rather low and i still stumble through Heides Flametower and Forest of the Lost giants (however i know how to get to Lost Bastille just no clue where No-Mans Warf is)

Well i think with the release of the PC version this thread now has a point again (also i think another thread would be redundant)

So far i realy like the game even though i get my bttocks handed to me by each boss i encounter (what have been 2 so far the Lost Giant and the Pursuer) and just try to figure out what works best for me

So far i run 2 different chars a knight with a mace +3 and a sorcerer/warrior (since he has 11 strengh and 9 dex and i picked the sorcerer as my starting class) that runs with the flamesword +1 (soon +3 once i get the titanite chunks and the souls for it)

And i need to say compared to Dark Souls 1 i have alot more fun getting through the areas because of the amount of shortcuts and bonfires that there are cause you don't know how i was pissed of to run all the way through undeadburg killing the same enemys over and over again just to get swiped of the bridge by Taurus Demon again.

Only complain i have is the limited enemy spawn thing since it makes getting a full set of a specific armor (example the Ironclad/Old Ironclad armor) much more difficult if you realy want to run with it

Also have to see how the invasions will turn out so far i have not been invaded since my Soulmemeory is rather low and i still stumble through Heides Flametower and Forest of the Lost giants (however i know how to get to Lost Bastille just no clue where No-Mans Warf is)

You're gonna hate no man's warf. I guarantee it.

You're gonna hate no man's warf. I guarantee it.

Well people compared it to blight town and i know that anyone loves blight town (said no one ever)

But in all seriousnes i need to go to the Warf since i try to A) Explore each area (maybe i skip the belltower cause i don't want to mess around with thje belltowerguardian invasions) and B) try to get all Estus-Shards and Sublime Bonedusts (so far i got 4 Estus and 1 Dust but those are the early game ones) and C) try to fight every boss just to see hwat weapons/armor they give later on

Also know that torches are usefull in the warf but also can be a double edged sword.

Also any suggestions for the first great soul boss? Dunno if you should stick to the path through the lost bastille but the only other path is through Heides tower since i don't have the health to go to the Gutter

Also what do i do with the petrified something i guess i need to show it to someone but i don't know who (took it cause i heard it can be pretty fun)

Well people compared it to blight town and i know that anyone loves blight town (said no one ever)

Petrified something is traded to the crows like smooth and silky stones except it has a higher chance at the rare stuff.

Great souls my preferred order is old iron king, duke's dear Freja, rotten, lost sinner.

For the wharf which is through hiede's, you don't honestly need the torches as i find for makes the area rougher than it has to be.

Also, once you beat the area boss, before you go to weird table, there's an easily missed chest which(as far as I know) contains the only pyromancy flame in the game.

you rang?

okay, you didn't but I've been curious about this game and I am wondering if it is worth it now, or if its worth it to wait for a sale

Personal opinion it was well worth the full price since they also polished up the PC port (compared to the first games PC port that was just dreadfull as i heard) and it is alot of fun

Yes you will die alot but hey thats the idea behind the Souls series

Also i actualy preorderd and also got an Digital Art Book a Comic and the Full Soundtrack so thats also neat (but that stuff is not avaiable right now)

Also i like the Bossfights even though i only fought the Last Giant so far but i found him to be much more enjoyable then Taurus from Dark Souls (also some bosses have evil little tricks once they hit a specific live situation mostly at 50%)

So i say go ahead and prepare to die alot

Yay got a bit further with my Knight cause i where able to beat the Dragonrider in Heides Tower

Now gotta get through No-Man's Warf so far its a rather boring area only realy threats are the wierd Armmonsters that like to come in packs but everythnig else dies after 2 or 3 swings of the mighty Mace +3

Also tried to go to the boss with Lucatiel but nope she decided to just jump of the bridge to the ship and died so i decided i rather go back and spend my souls on a few levels (and another Cestus)

Well at least i made a bit of progress still can't beat Pursuer though since that stupid charge attack always hits me so i guess i rather do the warf and just leave him there till i got better gear and weapons (or at least get some large titanite to upgrade my mace further)

Archived