Mini glaciers annoying.

And after all, if you want to stop fires in summer or refile your ice cube you could need many ice, and it's great to don't have the obligation to cross all the map to find the last penguins which would only have one mini glacier ! 

You can use rot or ice staff. They are common too.

The amount of ice in the game seems reasonable, most people only have 2-3 breeding grounds near them, at max I've had 5 within walking distance, definitely not all camped up on 1 screen ruining my "aesthetics".

Considering on a standard world you've got to go 50 odd days before being able to stock up again I'm sure Klei just wanted to make sure you wouldn't run short on it

And mining it is hardly difficult, if you don't want to store it, leave it for the pengulls to eat up, whats more mining mini-glaciers in winter provides a rock or two. Don't want the resources then simply waiting for a mole to come along and either ambush it or let it be your cleaning tool.

I really don't see how too many of them are a problem - I mean too many pengulls, sure those noisy little things are a pain, but the non-moving, non-noisemaking, resource giving ice clumps? >.<

I don't know about anyone else but I was delighted to discover that by walking around the edge of the biome nearest my main base I could create my own ice age and fill my 2 ice boxes for the summer in the first days of winter.        

:happypigs: 

And in Spring, the rotten eggs left behind got cleaned up for making gunpowder. What useful little noisy beasts those pengulls are!

I would certainly be most unhappy if they got changed. I think it's one of the most useful synergies in the new game.

And one last point ... just be glad they don't leave guano to step in!

Wait a minute!  That's a bloody good suggestion I just made!  Guano is manure!

I don't know about anyone else but I was delighted to discover that by walking around the edge of the biome nearest my main base I could create my own ice age and fill my 2 ice boxes for the summer in the first days of winter.        

And in Spring, the rotten eggs left behind got cleaned up for making gunpowder. What useful little noisy beasts those pengulls are!

Eggs can just pick up or burn. glaciers are to be destroyed, and it takes TIME, and this almost useless.

Everything takes time in the world of Don't Starve - juggling tasks within time constraints makes the game much more interesting. :-)

Ok, I can spend time in order to prevent burning of forests, or something like that. But definitely, I don't want to waste my time on this useless job. But if i not, my world will be completely dirty with glaciers in the second winter!

Okay, then maybe they could do a reduction in the sense that once they've melted from pengulls, they're gone. Seems like a load of useless coding to me.

Yeesh. I'm out of here before a flame war starts. The battle's over, kid.

I was saying that merely two people conversing in disagreement over and over on a single thread tends to lead to threads becoming increasingly hostile, then other people jump in and a full out flame war starts. It can be over the most innocent things, but in my experience it happens quite often.

Archived