What if there's something more to Wigfrid?

You think that's bad? The day I found out that Wigfrid can't eat ice was the day I gave up on that character until they fix it.

Why would you eat ice when you can use to more important things, like an ice cube or a flingomatic?

You think that's bad? The day I found out that Wigfrid can't eat ice was the day I gave up on that character until they fix it.

The only time I felt the need to eat ice was during RoG adventure mode in the Darkness stage where it was summer hot and I was constantly taking damage. And that time there was none. (Luckily I was ROPot McGears and could just consume my stockpile of clockwork leftovers to stay alive)

But it wouldnt make any sense unless Maxwell can time travel and that enters in silly territory.

Besides, the character is clearly established as an actor, there is not much room for speculation.

I don't see why it's that ridiculous when he states that Time flows differently in the world he's in. Find a person along the time stream who he thinks would make for a fun game, plop them on the island. 

Anyway, I think I'd go with the idea that she's just really into her role. Maybe she does the acting method in which they literally believe they are the character for the entire duration and there isn't a shred of who they actually are during that time?

I don't see why it's that ridiculous when he states that Time flows differently in the world he's in. Find a person along the time stream who he thinks would make for a fun game, plop them on the island. 

Anyway, I think I'd go with the idea that she's just really into her role. Maybe she does the acting method in which they literally believe they are the character for the entire duration and there isn't a shred of who they actually are during that time?

Your profile pic is scaring me...

You take it derailed.

What intrigues me Is the reason why she comes and lives and only lives as a Viking character in DS world without never showing her own personality.

It must be a deal with someone or a promise to herself or someone else.

Under what situation may this happen is more interesting to discuss about.

Wigfrid is hands down the best character to utilize spider dens as a food source. Her items, health/sanity boosts, and dmg reductor place her in a unique position to consistently make helmets and spears, kill spider after spider, live off the meat, heal with glands/battle, and recover more sanity then normal after defeating a hallucination. I've played as Wolfgang, and while he is pretty damn strong, Wigfrid is a more consistent force to be reckoned with. New fav :D

Wigfrid and the other character lack an official lore of some sought. The only time we see Wigfrid in the trailers is two seconds of getting frozen by a Deerclops (I don't count gameplay) but reading some of the earlier comments gave me an idea:

I remember reading somewhere (before I found this thread) that Wigfrid and Winnie are sisters (I think Winnie would be younger, giving her personality). I thought, maybe Winnie wanted to be an actress (much like Wigfrid is now, except not a Valkerie) but became ill (perhaps from cancer or something) and couldn't pursue her dream. So Wigfrid decided to become an actor in honor of her sister. She stays in character maybe because that's how she entertained her sister in the hospital. The reason why she stays in character could be one of three things:

- either she's used to it

- it reminds her of her sister

- or she acts to hide her true self and feelings.

Her aversion to all non-meat foods could be part of her character as well but I'm not entirely sure about that one.

Also, read through the quotes...

[Cut Reeds- "I cleaned all the bugs öut! Then I ate them."]

And why the f**k will she not eat butterfly wings?

• Developer
43 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Uh... I just found this topic while looking for a Wigfrid drawing tutorial and gave it a read. Then I decided to leave a (very sappy) post.

To kind of stay on topic, I don't think it was ever confirmed Winnie is related to Wigfrid, I think that became a thing because Wigfrid was basically a re-skin of Winnie, but I don't think anything canon-wise has been said about the two...

Keyword here being "think"...

Archived