Don't Starve: Reign of Giants -- Early Access!

JoeW

Omg... ok I bought the steam don't starve version because I have standalone version and I cant play the new dlc... I bought yesterday the dlc from the humble store and when I open the email today there is no steam key anymore. I gave up :(

Hey Everybody.

We just wanted to let you guys all know that the early access beta for the Don't Starve: Reign of Giants expansion is available for purchase in Steam this Wednesday April 2nd!

What does that mean? That means that anybody with a Steam account will be able to purchase the Early Access beta and help us smash bugs and shake our collective fists at our many many deaths at the hands of terrible giants!

As with before, you must own Don't Starve to play the DLC. Previous beta participants will simply get updated to the newest version. Everybody participating in the beta will be updated to the live version after the beta ends and standalone versions will be made available to all purchases once available.

The beta is still available for purchase from our humble store widget as well. (See below)

dlc_tease.png

Previous beta participants will simply get updated to the newest version

so how does this work ?

iam with dont starve long before it was available at steam

(i dont got a key / update or something)

will previous beta participants get the key later ?

Previous beta participants will simply get updated to the newest version

so how does this work ?

iam with dont starve long before it was available at steam

(i dont got a key / update or something)

will previous beta participants get the key later ?

Can I ask what version of Don't Starve you are playing on? Are you playing on the retired Chrome version, Steam, or on the (DRM-free) Standalone?

To clarify on this, because the DLC is only playable on Steam at this point of the beta, the people who purchased and participated in our early beta for the Reign of Giants DLC will get their beta updated to the newest version. 

If you were a beta participant of the original (core) Don't Starve game and want to play the Reign of Giants DLC beta, you should be able to purchase it either from Steam or from dontstarvegame.com.

Any idea at all when it will get to the standalone version? I have a friend that bought it at GOG ages ago and is really excited to play the expansion but can't. It's really a bummer :-/.

Reign of Giants expansion is coming to the Standalone version of the game most likely around the full launch of the DLC. There's no specific date on when that will be at the moment, but we'll be sure to let everyone know once we have solid details on it. 

Is it just me or is Reign Of Giants massively harder than the vanilla game? I am struggling to get past Day 10 but in reality, I am not the greatest at Don't Starve...

There is a learning curve, as in vanilla Don't Starve. As long as you don't know how to deal with any of the new stuff, then yes, you will find it much harder than vanilla Don't Starve. But I am sure you will manage to learn from your mistakes and make it past day 10, then past day 100 =) Cheers !

Wolfgang! Problems ? then eat meat stew, take meat club and just push "F" 

Grrrroooar !!!

:livid:  :livid:  :livid:

At this moment playing as Weber, i dont wanna hurt somebody here, but i dont like it.

He can not even use spiders from spider dens during the day,blaaah  =((

Wx-38 is the fastest **** in this wonderful world !

Walking cane

+

Magiluminescense

+

Lighting bolt charge

+

road under your feet

Hell yeah, baby! Eat my dust! What? Full default map for 10 mins? challenge aссepted.

>>> Devs, dont even think about to fix it pls  :joyous:

Archived