Mayby it's time for paddling in the sea.

We can make boards, canvas for tent, ropes.

We have big trees and can use their bulks to build canoe.

We can make glue from animals' dead bodies/bones.

So why can't we build a canoe or a raft or even a sailing boat and go fishing on the sea and fight against monsters in the water.

The large area of water is here to be developed!

Or mayby it's another DLC. :D

You know the extra thread isn't necessary just because you make a spelling mistake in the title right?

I didn't know i had posted that draft!

It must be a network problem. I never clicked post before i finished it and i never wrote "paddling sea".

How to delete that one?

Next dlc is fine. :-)

No offense, but did you just completely ignore the first part of that post?

The oceans were never planned to be developed, as far as I can tell.  Invisible walls, no unique physics in them, a difficult to workwith animation...I just don't see it.

No offense, but did you just completely ignore the first part of that post?

The oceans were never planned to be developed, as far as I can tell.  Invisible walls, no unique physics in them, a difficult to workwith animation...I just don't see it.

What post?

Battal's talking about this:

"Sure.

Boats and sea travel probably will never be made since it would be too complicated to make it work and the main focus of RoG is only the surface."

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Oh,i get it.

I guess it's impossible for RoG but mayby possible in further development.

Like Xjurwi said "probably will never", so mayby there is a slight probability.(10% is enough)

Oh,i get it.

I guess it's impossible for RoG but mayby possible in further development.

Like Xjurwi said "probably will never", so mayby there is a slight probability.(10% is enough)

They'd have to rewrite the physics system.  It's not happening.

As much as i and probably a lot of people would like to go to the sea, i don't see the engine faring well with that kind of things and i'd prefer if they expand on the game and eventually make a don't starve 2  that could potentially have water travel.

I could see a sequel with new biomes, like beach, rivers, lakes and stuff, we could walk or swim in shallow water and travel by sea, but i think travelling by sea should be straightforward, like on a straight line and you don't control the boat or something, and you get attacked on the way and you got to defend your boat for the duration of the travel.

I think it's unwise for people to say never. It might. No one knows for sure.

Plenty of games expand far beyond what was thought possible, it just depends what the demand for the game is.

On the subject of water travel, maybe. No idea how it would be incorporated though. Perhaps a water like biome that connects to other biomes (sharing the same shape/layout as biomes)

Best example I can think of is how some people get donut worlds all connected, perhaps one of those could be a shallow sea type biome requiring a raft to travel through.

However I guess when we're thinking of the ocean surrounding the land mass, it'd certainly be tricky to incorporate appeal into travelling out in it, and I think we've got enough new mobs and creatures to last us some time.

So I like the idea, I just don't see what would be appealing about it. Any ideas?

I think it's unwise for people to say never. It might. No one knows for sure.

Plenty of games expand far beyond what was thought possible, it just depends what the demand for the game is.

On the subject of water travel, maybe. No idea how it would be incorporated though. Perhaps a water like biome that connects to other biomes (sharing the same shape/layout as biomes)

Best example I can think of is how some people get donut worlds all connected, perhaps one of those could be a shallow sea type biome requiring a raft to travel through.

However I guess when we're thinking of the ocean surrounding the land mass, it'd certainly be tricky to incorporate appeal into travelling out in it, and I think we've got enough new mobs and creatures to last us some time.

So I like the idea, I just don't see what would be appealing about it. Any ideas?

Simple.

big fish, mermaid, sea monster, optopus

Archived