Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Darkwolfyy

Pigs Don't Eat Vegetables

Darkwolfyy    0

I couldnt find anything related to this topic but i might have overlooked it. I literally can't feed pigs anything (except meats), I gave up on ROG for a bit playing regular.

Decided to just resort to Beefalo as they provide more manure and do not require vegetables, but I basically can't, no matter what, feed pigs any kind of vegetable, petals or anything to produce manure. 

brummbar7    513

Did you try leaving it on the ground?  I think I was having the same problem but found they'd still eat them off the ground, and produce manure that way.

Darkwolfyy    0

Just out of curiosity, why do you need to produce menure?

You produce manure for a basic farm and improved farm as well as bucket-o-poop which is used to speed up the process at which seeds grow into vegetables.

Darkwolfyy    0

For me, I can feed pigs vegetables just fine, but they don't produce manure.

I can't even feed them, they act as if u just fed them and don't even accept it.

Darkwolfyy    0

Did you try leaving it on the ground?  I think I was having the same problem but found they'd still eat them off the ground, and produce manure that way.

I have tried that and they don't even notice it. I could be wrong and will try again, thanks for the response. 

Sorry for posting 3 separate messages, multiquote doesn't seem to want to work either.

Number7even    0

I am having this problem also.  Is anyone actually able to feed the pigs vegetables or flowers and have them produce manure?  This seems like a strange bug to be isolated to only a few people.  I have tried dropping flowers and vegetables on the ground and the pigs just ignore them.  Sooooo frustrating.

secret333    1

Yeah, I tried to feed them vegetables but they acted if just fed as well. Then I found another pig. He ate it and didn't produce maunure

Number7even    0

If this is intentional then I will just grit my teeth and change tactics, but if it's not I would like to know if there's some kind of work around.  I don't want to have to crank up the beefalo when I play because it feels like cheating.

Darkwolfyy    0

Even after the official release of Reign Of Giants, Giant Steps, Pigs still won't eat anything, i didn't see anything posted saying pigs wouldn't eat vegetables anymore. If this is the case, we'd like confirmation. Otherwise this is a bug that is seriously causing us a bit if trouble in game. (or at least a bit of annoyance) 

Darkwolfyy    0

Just tried something and found a temporary and pretty nice solution. If ANYONE wants manure from pigs, set all of your vegetables in a small area, even stacked. Find a pig, or lure, to the vegetables using monster meat, then feed it 3 more. Apparently a warepig will eat all vegetables VERY fast and produce manure each time.  Since this does work, I don't believe this bug is intentional, or warepigs wouldn't produce it either. Hope this helps  :joyous:

Number7even    0

Just tried something and found a temporary and pretty nice solution. If ANYONE wants manure from pigs, set all of your vegetables in a small area, even stacked. Find a pig, or lure, to the vegetables using monster meat, then feed it 3 more. Apparently a warepig will eat all vegetables VERY fast and produce manure each time.  Since this does work, I don't believe this bug is intentional, or warepigs wouldn't produce it either. Hope this helps  :joyous:

Thank you very much for this I will check it out next chance I get!  Also, I would love confirmation on the whole pigs not eating anything Klei....  Is this intentional or not?  It's driving my wife and I nuts

Ridley    609

Looking at the code, it seems there is a variable messing up the equation that would normally tell the pig if he could eat a veggie or if he had to wait.

brummbar7    513

Hey Klei, how about a comment?  

In another thread on exactly this topic (http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/34062-pigs-doesnt-generating-manure-anymore/?p=448781) , SethR said the solution is you have to feed them meat first, which sets some sort of variable that says 'yes, you can eat more'.  So basically I think as long as they're your friend, you should be able to feed them vegetables.