Pet Peeves

Spinorex

I hate it when people stand close enough to me that I could elbow them in the face without moving my upper torso. Then they get upset when you explain the concept of personal space to them.

Also, girls in their twenties who still text like they're in high school. Why do you insist on texting? I hate the crap out of texting. It's like being suffocated.

I also agree with those of you who have suffered retail work. People come in and act so entitled. Or they are just downright crazy. Or both.

I also agree with those of you who have suffered retail work. People come in and act so entitled. Or they are just downright crazy. Or both.

STORY TIME!

Today while I was helping a customer and had 2 others waiting to be helped next, some woman walks over to my area screaming "HELLO, HELLO, ANYONE WORK HERE!?" and before I had a chance to explain I was already helping someone, one of the other customers said for her to wait, as I was really busy and work alone most nights. She then started saying how slow I am when she JUST got there seconds before, remember that she hasn't even had to wait. The next guy said to help her so she would go away (not those exact words, of course) so I did. She then proceeds to tell me how I'm an ignorant and stupid ******* and that I (still not saying a word to her yet) always have an attitude towards her. She told me her husband went to buy $10.00 worth (66) of feeder goldfish for their turtle, and the fish had died by the time he got home. I didn't give him the fish, but she insisted it was me. Also, feeder fish do not have a guarantee. I asked her if she wanted new fish anyway, she said no and for me to give her the money back. I don't deal with money, so I told her to go to the cashier. She then said that I DID have to give her the money...no register, no money box/drawer, not even a tip jar, yet she claimed I had a way of refunding her. After explaining that to her, she angrily cursed things to me as she had a temper tantrum walking towards the front of the store.

A grown woman, at LEAST 40, acting like that in a public place is under no circumstances acceptable. In private that still wouldn't be okay.

STORY TIME!

Today while I was helping a customer and had 2 others waiting to be helped next, some woman walks over to my area screaming "HELLO, HELLO, ANYONE WORK HERE!?" and before I had a chance to explain I was already helping someone, one of the other customers said for her to wait, as I was really busy and work alone most nights. She then started saying how slow I am when she JUST got there seconds before, remember that she hasn't even had to wait. The next guy said to help her so she would go away (not those exact words, of course) so I did. She then proceeds to tell me how I'm an ignorant and stupid ******* and that I (still not saying a word to her yet) always have an attitude towards her. She told me her husband went to buy $10.00 worth (66) of feeder goldfish for their turtle, and the fish had died by the time he got home. I didn't give him the fish, but she insisted it was me. Also, feeder fish do not have a guarantee. I asked her if she wanted new fish anyway, she said no and for me to give her the money back. I don't deal with money, so I told her to go to the cashier. She then said that I DID have to give her the money...no register, no money box/drawer, not even a tip jar, yet she claimed I had a way of refunding her. After explaining that to her, she angrily cursed things to me as she had a temper tantrum walking towards the front of the store.

A grown woman, at LEAST 40, acting like that in a public place is under no circumstances acceptable. In private that still wouldn't be okay.

Man. That sounds like a pain. I would've ignored her as soon as she started being condescending. It's such a waste of time when somebody comes to you expecting you to do somebody else's job. When I used to work as a cashier for fast-food, a lady came through drive-through, ordered a gallon of tea, went back through, said she had asked for a lemonade. So the manager that was there at the time told me to bring a gallon of lemonade out to her car. I did, and she proceeded to complain that the outside of the gallon container was wet. No ****, it's called condensation. She comes inside, and complains about it all. Our manager basically tells her to screw off.

Customers suck. They think just because they're paying our employers, they can treat us like crap.

I'm glad I haven't worked retail in quite a while. That crap sucks so much.

Man. That sounds like a pain. I would've ignored her as soon as she started being condescending. It's such a waste of time when somebody comes to you expecting you to do somebody else's job. When I used to work as a cashier for fast-food, a lady came through drive-through, ordered a gallon of tea, went back through, said she had asked for a lemonade. So the manager that was there at the time told me to bring a gallon of lemonade out to her car. I did, and she proceeded to complain that the outside of the gallon container was wet. No ****, it's called condensation. She comes inside, and complains about it all. Our manager basically tells her to screw off.

Customers suck. They think just because they're paying our employers, they can treat us like crap.

I'm glad I haven't worked retail in quite a while. That crap sucks so much.

People in general annoy me, I really dislike most people.

There are many people who seem to try their hardest to be a pain. I tend to be positiv to anyone who hasn't given me a reason to be not, but in general there are more and more unkind and impolite human beings.

I work at the café of my parents from time to time and there are always people how think the phrase: "Be my guest." translates to "Be the superior who is allowed to be an ******* to me anytime."

The customer is king...but mostly the kind of king you would drag out of his castle an introduce to Mr. Guillotine...gladly thought's are still free...at the moment.

Archived