Has Krampus been fixed yet?

I know Klei talked about balancing Krampus after that thread with dozens of pages of people saying they wanted a fix, but that hasn't happened yet. Krampusnaucht sounded cool, but all discussion of that disappeared once the thread "died".

If I recall correctly, Krampus's purpose is to punish players who rely to heavily on killing innocent creatures to survive. He clearly doesn't do that, considering that you have to deliberately capture and massacre 3-7 chests full of rabbits simultaneously to get him to show up.

So, my question is this: does Krampus actually fulfill his purpose in the DLC, or is he still absolutely useless? Are the devs ever going to live up there promise of fixing him?

He's the same in RoG. The only change remotely close is his sack being waterproof, only more reason to mindlessly grind animals for him to spawn.

The challenge should be to avoid spawning him, not getting him to spawn in the first place. The fact that animals now perish makes it even harder to on purposely spawn him.

If anything from what I've seen from other players on the forums - Krampus is actually harder to summon now due to rabbits in chests perishing after a certain amount of time, making it difficult to even stockpile enough to summon him.

He's the same in RoG. The only change remotely close is his sack being waterproof, only more reason to mindlessly grind animals for him to spawn.

The challenge should be to avoid spawning him, not getting him to spawn in the first place.

For me it's impossible to spawn him unless I try or massacre a whole herd or beefalo

If anything from what I've seen from other players on the forums - Krampus is actually harder to summon now due to rabbits in chests perishing after a certain amount of time, making it difficult to even stockpile enough to summon him.

Great, so there's a blatantly broken and ineffective feature that Klei is content to keep as such, then. 

I know Klei talked about balancing Krampus after that thread with dozens of pages of people saying they wanted a fix, but that hasn't happened yet. Krampusnaucht sounded cool, but all discussion of that disappeared once the thread "died".

Give link

He does, he punishes them buy taking items and then leaving or attacking the player to death/

The problem being is that you have to kill chests full of animals to even get him to spawn in the first place.

I have never encountered Krampus naturally (no debug spawn, or chests full of sacrificial animals) within my 100hrs of play.

You literally need to murder whole herd of little rabbits in order to become "naughty"...

I think there should be better way, like burning animals alive (yes, you can do that with birds and rabbits) on your campfire will make your naughtiness go way higher than normally.

Eh, I think Krampus needs an antagonistic side, I.E. rewarding good behaviour and punishing bad. 

So, I don't really think Krampus should drop anything but meat when it dies from being spawned due to Naughtiness. I also think that, unless Industrial/Destructive behaviour is fleshed out as a bad thing and something that more than Krampus and Treants deal with, then all likening behaviour should come under Naughtiness.

E.G. burning trees, harvesting flowers, removing all resources from a biome, burning animals, ordering followers to attack Innocent creatures or to condone destructive behaviour through orders, replanting objects into different biomes, etc. 

Eh, I think Krampus needs an antagonistic side, I.E. rewarding good behaviour and punishing bad. 

So, I don't really think Krampus should drop anything but meat when it dies from being spawned due to Naughtiness. I also think that, unless Industrial/Destructive behaviour is fleshed out as a bad thing and something that more than Krampus and Treants deal with, then all likening behaviour should come under Naughtiness.

E.G. burning trees, harvesting flowers, removing all resources from a biome, burning animals, ordering followers to attack Innocent creatures or to condone destructive behaviour through orders, replanting objects into different biomes, etc. 

That could be done, if a certain amount of "good point" is reached a krampus will spawn, drop an item and disappear again but I don't think is in the spirit of the game to be rewarded, usually you are only punished.

That could be done, if a certain amount of "good point" is reached a krampus will spawn, drop an item and disappear again but I don't think is in the spirit of the game to be rewarded, usually you are only punished.

Ahh, too true. I'm really not sure how you balance 'don't kill everything pl0x' vs 'make me the 0.1%, Krampus!'. I don't know, maybe the AI for Krampus should be reworked to be sneakier? If Krampus wasn't something you wished to summon without a high tier of armour or really elaborate preparations, you wouldn't just for the sack unless you knew you'd best Kramp. 

Shruuuuug. Buffing Krampus also makes no sense. Jeez. 

Ahh, too true. I'm really not sure how you balance 'don't kill everything pl0x' vs 'make me the 0.1%, Krampus!'. I don't know, maybe the AI for Krampus should be reworked to be sneakier? If Krampus wasn't something you wished to summon without a high tier of armour or really elaborate preparations, you wouldn't just for the sack unless you knew you'd best Kramp. 

Shruuuuug. Buffing Krampus also makes no sense. Jeez. 

I'm trying to implement some of this in my mod or make a new one about it. Basically my objective is to make krampus a greed punishment, if you kill too many rabbits he will spawn and kill you or your followers, if you stockpile lots of food he will come to take it away, if many pigs die under your command he could spawn and drop monster meat everywhere, if build tons of structures he could do some vandalism with gunpower, etc.

Archived