Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Pyromailmann    2,991

So I was exploring the Ruins and found that all of a sudden:

1.)My thermal Stone started to heat up

2.)I became overheated

I went up to the surface and found it was day 74 (1 day after winter ends) and I attacked a catcoon to see if I could get a cat cap (which I didn't) and then the summer Fight Music started to play.

Well, that sums it up for you, Klei. The time for fixing this in the code begins!

Sidenote: the ruins also resets the items in Chester.

Tamazacat    130

To be honest, I can see why (geologically speaking) you would overheat in the ruins. I don't, however, think that there should be "seasons" as such down there. Though I do think it should be warmer and *possible* to overheat if you're in there for a day+ without a cooling mechanism.

That being said, I'm sure Klei will work on a fix ASAP upon their return :)

To be honest, I can see why (geologically speaking) you would overheat in the ruins. I don't, however, think that there should be "seasons" as such down there. Though I do think it should be warmer and *possible* to overheat if you're in there for a day+ without a cooling mechanism.

That being said, I'm sure Klei will work on a fix ASAP upon their return :-)

In my opinion, i think the weather should have much less of a effect in the caves, but it should still be possible to overheat or freeze in the caves.

Tamazacat    130

Maybe a balance, but I don't think the weather will disappear.  They have clearly stated this is intentional: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/31944-summer-in-caves/?p=420928

I meant about Chester :p

And weather shouldn't be implemented to that extent. It should be there, but to a much, much lesser degree. Rain should be present in the top level, dependent on weather, perhaps a small drizzle on the second level. Below that, rain should not be present. It's hard enough, and it's ludicrous to suggest rain makes it through so much soil after evaporation, absorption by trees and evapotransperation.

jbeetle    1,872

Let's all hope weather in caves and ruins is just a placeholder for something even better...

not saying it won't change, but it's not a placeholder.

Joshpro8423    45

not saying it won't change, but it's not a placeholder.

Aww...

Well, they said a majority of the changes occur on the surface so maybe the added weather to caves just so you have to be on the surface to experience the seasons.

jbeetle    1,872

Aww...

Well, they said a majority of the changes occur on the surface so maybe the added weather to caves just so you have to be on the surface to experience the seasons.

more or less. the devs said in a post that's already been linked that they did it so you couldn't just hide out in the caves to completely avoid a season.

Joshpro8423    45

more or less. the devs said in a post that's already been linked that they did it so you couldn't just hide out in the caves to completely avoid a season.

But adding weather to caves is a pretty cheesy way to do that, don't you think? I think a better solution is to add cave-based events based on the season instead, like flooding in the spring.

jbeetle    1,872

But adding weather to caves is a pretty cheesy way to do that, don't you think? I think a better solution is to add cave-based events based on the season instead, like flooding in the spring.

Yes, it's the easy way out. The reasons for that could be many, though, rather than just laziness.

Joshpro8423    45

Yes, it's the easy way out. The reasons for that could be many, though, rather than just laziness.

Well, they are working more on features above ground, not to mention the giants. But I just hope they do something different for the caves in the future.

jbeetle    1,872

Well, they are working more on features above ground, not to mention the giants. But I just hope they do something different for the caves in the future.

I would love that too. more content is always great in my eyes.

Joshpro8423    45

To be honest here, weather in the caves seems like a lazy solution to make the caves and ruins more "challenging".

I totally agree with that. Sorry Klei.

Tamazacat    130

To be honest here, weather in the caves seems like a lazy solution to make the caves and ruins more "challenging".

I've seen a thread or two asking for the weather to be kept as it is in caves; hopefully it'll be able to be changed in the settings after they're done working on things above ground. :)

ARamblingSpider    1,536

I've seen a thread or two asking for the weather to be kept as it is in caves; hopefully it'll be able to be changed in the settings after they're done working on things above ground. :-)

I mean if caves are going to be more challenging I'd rather have more cave related stuff like something involving sanity.

Tamazacat    130

Yeah, I getcha. I just meant that a quite a few people were happy with the challenge of weather, so if the mechanics are altered it'd be nice to have the option there to have them on, though it's not my cup of tea :p

Perhaps... (I'm sure this was suggested before) when the giants (incl. Deerclops) are not present as it's not their time of months (moody wee things), they could hide out in the depths of the caves?
.... Although if this was even implemented it'd also be nice to have an option for it, too :3