Suggestion: Sickness

Willow is immune to fire, not heat.  Please stop trying to make her immune to heat.

ETA: As for sickness though, I'd like it in the game.

It was confirmed by Klei that she will have heat immunity when DLC is released.

Stop trying to be smarter than you are.

It was confirmed by Klei that she will have heat immunity, just not now, she would have it when DLC is released.

Stop trying to be smarter than you are.

How, exactly, am I trying to be smarter than I am?  Fire produces heat, but they're not the same thing.  How is what I said wrong?

And can you provide a link for Klei saying that?  Here's a link for you that contradicts your statement: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/32070-willow-taking-heatfire-damage-in-winter/?p=423508

And back onto the topic of Sickness.

I like this idea, I feel it could work really well when you factor in things like Mosquitos in game as well - They could carry a chance to infect you with a form of sickness lasting a short amount of time.

And then depending on how complicated it would become to actually implement, you could link it to all sorts of things i.e

Meat being on the ground for too long contains a chance to carry something.

Certain mobs like the Spider Queen being venomous

Monster meat (as mentioned)

Oooh the list would go on, so I think this is a pretty awesome idea.

(On a side note, having skimmed through everything before, I'd like to say in my own naivety, it'd be pretty amusing to find a pyromaniac that didn't like the heat of a fire, it's kind of like in the job description I would think xD Just my tuppence worth, don't mind me)

How, exactly, am I trying to be smarter than I am?  Fire produces heat, but they're not the same thing.  How is what I said wrong?

And can you provide a link for Klei saying that?  Here's a link for you that contradicts your statement: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/32070-willow-taking-heatfire-damage-in-winter/?p=423508

There was this one thread where all the Klei quotes about RoG were stored, quote about Willow and heat was there.

There was this one thread where all the Klei quotes about RoG were stored, quote about Willow and heat was there.

The quote thread quoted the thread I linked for you.  As you can see, they say she will not be immune to heat.

Yes, but the question is, how long would it last each time?

It could either be set for a certain amount of time or it could be set to go away if you take proper care for yourself: Not getting too hot or cold, sleeping often, eating healthy.

Klei promised us that Willow will not only have her puny lighter and fire resistance, she would also be useful in caves where she would be resistant to lava heat.

They didn't promise lava caves.  There was a general clamor for them, so people assumed they would get them.   Shoggoth's link is the most definitive quote there is, and it strongly implies **resistance**, but not immunity to heat.  And anyway Klei rarely "promises" anything.  They have goals.  Those goals change.

Sadly any resistance Willow might get is going to be nigh worthless anyway, because the main two items for dealing with heat - the fashion melon and ice hat - both spoil, so there's no reason whatsoever not to simply wear them constantly once you've made them.  Endothermic fires are (imho) too expensive to use on a daily basis at 2 nitre, so I never plan to use them except in emergency.   Chilled amulet doesn't last, so the result is there's no practical cooling item that has durability.  That would give her resistance a little purpose, similar to Wilson's beard.  But right now it's best just to wear melons and ice hats all summer and not worry about the rest.

This whole heating discussion is getting out of hand, ain't it. I, for one, don't see a proper reason gamedesign-wise why Willow shouldn't be immune to heat. That whole chemical and physical argument really doesn't make a difference in a game like Don't Starve where nothing obides to proper rules of nature. Think about it: Willow is an easy starter character. Constant immunity to Charlie, easy sanity regeneration, all that good stuff. And what is arguably the most challenging thing in this DLC? Summer heat. Immunity against that would make perfect sense for a character like Willow.

Archived