Naming It/Bigfoot

The files call it "Bigfoot".

We really don't need to name it anything, this is just an opinion poll for what people think it should be named.  I don't see any reason to call it anything other than what the files say though.

Yeah you have a point there, I guess its sorta like asking what we should name the deerclops I personally like the name Shelly

Reason why we don't call things in the file by their name all the time:

Perd

The only reason we don't call that the Perd is because it has an in-game name that's different.  This has no in-game name, so the filename will suffice.  There are also other things that the community has decided to call by the filename rather than the in-game name, namely the lureplant.

I kind of get that, but this is the way it works out in my head: Bob is so excessively unoriginal that he rebounds back from the "so unoriginal it's original" (which is what supporters seem to be aiming for) to the "wow, this really is terribly unoriginal." Or in another analogy, there exists a small realm of "so cliché that it's acceptable/clever," but Bob seems to exist beyond that realm, namely "the unredeemably uninspired land of no return."

Indeed. Personally I prefer Steve.

Why do we have to name it......? I'm just wondering, did klei ask us to name it? Why do we have to? Wouldn't it be more interesting to leave it unnamed and just see what players refer to it themselves?

Wouldn't the files associated with it be named already too? Im just really confused

Yes, the file names call it "Bigfoot" but I've seen all sorts of suggestions popping up across these boards for what we'll call it. I just thought maybe we should collaborate on coming up with something everyone likes, which actually seems to be Bigfoot. So yeah, I guess this is pointless after all haha

Archived