Naming It/Bigfoot

Well it seems my agenda for this thread failed. My intention was to come to the community for a clever name for our monster. You guys turned out Bigfoot and Bob, the very names I was trying to pull down. (thanks to Ridley, though, for something moderately creative). I just thought I'd let everyone know what the final verdict is because I'm sure you all will want to use the most popular name rather than your own preference

Leaderboard (Final)

• Bigfoot                          (17 favs and +19 \ 32:13)
  • The Tallest Walker ----- (16 favs and 0 \ 21:21)
  • Bob                               (15 favs and -7 \ 22:29)
  • It ---------------------------- (6 favs and -2 \ 21:23)
  • Steve                            (6 favs and -12 \ 13:25)

Retired Contenders:

• Huntley (0 favs and -2)
  • Chaucy (1 fav and -6)
  • Cthulhu (1 fav and -10)
  • Benson (4 favs and -15)
  • Smithers (2 favs and -11)

BOB IS FINAL YAY!

Hurrah for bob!

He's in the lead right now, but this certainly won't be decided in less than 24 hours (or maybe at all if it's split too many ways). After we have a significant amount of votes, I'll create a new thread with only the top three so we can get a better grasp on what the community wants

Maybe there are multiple bigfoot (bigfoots? bigfeet?)  So each time you make a new old bell it has a new name.  So the first one would be Bob, the next Smithie, and so on and so forth.  It would be like a giant, more destructive and more costly pig friend!  :lemo:

You guys can call him what ever you want, I'll just refer to him as Big Foot or Tallest Walker for my own amusement.

Is there something behind calling him Tallest Walker? It seems rather abstract/left field to me, but has a fair amount of popularity on the poll. Basically, why is it that calling him Tallest Walker will amuse you?

The reason bob is popular is BECAUSE it's unorriginal. It's sort of an irony thing.

I kind of get that, but this is the way it works out in my head: Bob is so excessively unoriginal that he rebounds back from the "so unoriginal it's original" (which is what supporters seem to be aiming for) to the "wow, this really is terribly unoriginal." Or in another analogy, there exists a small realm of "so cliché that it's acceptable/clever," but Bob seems to exist beyond that realm, namely "the unredeemably uninspired land of no return."

Is there something behind calling him Tallest Walker? It seems rather abstract/left field to me, but has a fair amount of popularity on the poll. Basically, why is it that calling him Tallest Walker will amuse you?

I came up with that name as a blunt observation name.  All it does is walk across the landscape and is too tall to understand what it's really doing down there.  This game already has a fair share of bluntly named creatures (Tallbird, Deerclops).  Just thought it could have a grandiose title as a name.

Why do we have to name it......? I'm just wondering, did klei ask us to name it? Why do we have to? Wouldn't it be more interesting to leave it unnamed and just see what players refer to it themselves?

Wouldn't the files associated with it be named already too? Im just really confused

Why do we have to name it......? I'm just wondering, did klei ask us to name it? Why do we have to? Wouldn't it be more interesting to leave it unnamed and just see what players refer to it themselves?

Wouldn't the files associated with it be named already too? Im just really confused

The files call it "Bigfoot".

We really don't need to name it anything, this is just an opinion poll for what people think it should be named.  I don't see any reason to call it anything other than what the files say though.

Why not Mr. Footy Foot?

Yah still won't tahk, eh? If you keep resistin', I'll haff to ring dis bell heah. Yah know what's gonna happen when I ring dis bell? Mr. Footy Foot's gonna come in heah and mess youah *** up. And you don't want that to happen, do yah?

Or, possibly, the Glommer Lord/Glommguard.

Archived