Bought the Game IRL, cant register on steam.

Hello there, people of Klei and Member of the Community.

I bought Dont Starve today in my local Gamesstore. I Stalled it and so on, but in the Gameguide is written: "if u dont wish a steam activation,  click in the screen, where u have to type in ur steam-key, on "skip update""

I did type in the steam-key, but the game doesn't appear in my steam-games. what do i have to do, to play don't starve like a normal steam-game

Hello there, people of Klei and Member of the Community.

I bought Dont Starve today in my local Gamesstore. I Stalled it and so on, but in the Gameguide is written: "if u dont wish a steam activation,  click in the screen, where u have to type in ur steam-key, on "skip update""

I did type in the steam-key, but the game doesn't appear in my steam-games. what do i have to do, to play don't starve like a normal steam-game

Heya, it sounds like you need to log into your Steam account and activate your game key in there. Click on "ADD A GAME" and then "Activate a product on Steam". 

Some one in the store might have scratched off the code and stolen it or something.

no, it isn't like that. it seems like the key doesn't work. i saw that normal steam-keys are 5 letters in 4 box-thingy. the key from dont starve is like 4 letters and 5 box-thingys

Archived