Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

G4MR

[D] What are some of your fav strategies in RoG new/old.

G4MR    28

Right now as willow I'm liking the dragon druit farm strat as long as I can get going and make sure i prep for summer it's really nice.  Then i can expand to a bee farm later and what not.

MeingroessterFan    4,139

Dragonfruit, I didn't manage to pull off yet, because birds starve now when you don't feed them, which makes me sad. I usually just go hunt koalefants all year long and have a lot of drying racks for the meat. It's way more efficient now, since farms can be disabled by summer's heat, AND the birds required for pooping the seeds constantly die away.

talmatityaho    170

Dragonfruit, I didn't manage to pull off yet, because birds starve now when you don't feed them, which makes me sad. I usually just go hunt koalefants all year long and have a lot of drying racks for the meat. It's way more efficient now, since farms can be disabled by summer's heat, AND the birds required for pooping the seeds constantly die away.

that's harsh how do you deal with it  :nightmare:  :spidercowers:

Kellyc764    50

I used the same method when playing as Wickerbottom (Before RoG) and now as Wigfrid (New fav)

Find two spider dens and a pig village/pig king.

Set-up camp near spider dens and collect monster meat.

Feed MM to pigs to create Werepigs, kill, profit.

Put the large meats on drying racks and rinse and repeat :)

Boar Head    109

I honestly just do what I used to do before the DLC for the most part. I just do it in a much quicker a lot less relaxed fashion since I like to start in spring and not autumn. Love the initial challenge. Just gather sticks, grass, logs, flint then try and get the umbrella as quick as possible. I ignore getting farms unless I get poop super early. Then once I feel set up I just gather as much food as possible, mostly meat from all the different creatures in the game. Usually at some point or another frogs will rain which is a great opportunity to get food. Which I use with berries to make meatballs and the like. Hunt koelaphant if I happen upon some tracks. Then in the last few days before summer I get ice for a flngomactic and an ice cube or try and get an ice amulet. Then for the most part it's kind of smooth sailing from there. Been able to get through a full season cycle and a half so far. But after this initial startup that I just mentioned my playstyle is for the most part the same.

Rosten    909

Playing as willow right now, Just made it to summer, mostly using normal strategy except i made a few items for summer, the sanity drain from rain is no problem since im almost constantly burning something or having her lighter out, not to mention not having to run back to my campfire every evening is helping my speed a ton, day 22, 3 farms, 2 drying racks, endothermic fire, beefalo hat, ice hat, 1 crockpot, small treefarm, HUGE beefalo herd,

G4MR    28

that's harsh how do you deal with it  :nightmare:  :spidercowers:

You can feed them seeds, since you get them so often.  Keep them in your inventory to monitor their health status.