A bunch of misc. suggestions for the environment (Not by me)

The scaling shouldn't be going up, the tricks and fits he pulls needs to be harsher.

100% agree. That is basically my proposal for scaling: have the scripts change as the days go on. I'd like as much for Hounds and Deerclops as well. Maybe even Queen Spider. 

Some suggestions I have,

-Adult Tallbirds hatched naturally should-well, they should hatch faster, and-each new Tallbird should make it's own nest. The Tallbirds would keep reproducing and eventually their would be tons of them; the only way to get rid of them would be to destroy the nests, at the sacrifice of the eggs they spawn.

-Spider Queens that spawn should leave their original location and travel through areas the player has explored, specifically close-ish to the player's current location-and they would destroy anything and kill anything they see as they go along.

-Often, new Spider Dens should spawn near Tier 3 Spider Dens.

-Once the amount of hounds that spawn at once caps, their stats should largely increase after each attack

-The spiders in Tier 3 Spider Dens should "upgrade"; if the Den is left untouched,eventually every spider in

the Den would become a Spider warrior.

-More stuff like the "Night Hand" that puts out fires; It's terrifying at first, but the affect wears off fasand it begins to feel stale. I would love to have more stuff like that, preferably shadow creatures, that attack randomly at night.

-Eventually, any Berry bushes remaining would rot, and be replaced by new Berry Bushes, though spawning at a lesser frequency than initial spawn, the same as default if Berries are set to "Lots" in the menu, and none if set to "less."After this event has happened at least four times, no more berry bushes.

-

TL:DR: The difficulty should increase as the don't-starve days go on and stay the same early on,since inexperienced players probably wouldn't survive that long anyway.

You know what would be cool? If Shadow arms tried to come from the ground and pull you down (for one reason or another) during certain conditions - sorta like the whole Charlie/Maxwell charade. 

Some suggestions I have,
-Adult Tallbirds hatched naturally should-well, they should hatch faster, and-each new Tallbird should make it's own nest. The Tallbirds would keep reproducing and eventually their would be tons of them; the only way to get rid of them would be to destroy the nests, at the sacrifice of the eggs they spawn.
-Spider Queens that spawn should leave their original location and travel through areas the player has explored, specifically close-ish to the player's current location-and they would destroy anything and kill anything they see as they go along.
-Once the amount of hounds that spawn at once caps, their stats should largely increase after each attack
-The spiders in Tier 3 Spider Dens should "upgrade"; if the Den is left untouched,eventually every spider in
-More stuff like the "Night Hand" that puts out fires; It's terrifying at first, but the affect wears off fasand it begins to feel stale. I would love to have more stuff like that, preferably shadow creatures, that attack randomly at night.
-Eventually, any Berry bushes remaining would rot, and be replaced by new Berry Bushes, though spawning at a lesser frequency than initial spawn, the same as default if Berries are set to "Lots" in the menu, and none if set to "less."After this event has happened at least four times, no more berry bushes.
-
TL:DR: The difficulty should increase as the don't-starve days go on and stay the same early on,since inexperienced players probably wouldn't survive that long anyway.

Yeah, completely agree, really. It'd be cool if getting to day 1000 wasn't easier than getting to day 80.

Krampus's naughtiness threshold shouldn't even be 20. I think it should be really low, so he's easy to summon on accident. And with no warning when he is spawned.

Anyway, Krampus's stats would be tweaked to make him a "glass cannon", but if he doesn't get you after a while, he goes back to where he spawned and sets up a Kamp there, where little minions of some kind (Evil clockwork toys?) spawn to help Krampus.

Krampus's naughtiness threshold shouldn't even be 20. I think it should be really low, so he's easy to summon on accident. And with no warning when he is spawned.

I played a game where the naughtiness was 10, and it wasn't fun. Killing one butterfly made him hiss. I could easily fight two krampus rushes in one day, but found it easy to also just not kill everything. There is so many work arounds like using pigs, so it was nothing more than annoying.

By annoying I mean; Added nothing to the game, creating a irritating hiss sound all the time, wasted my time, and wasn't worth the trouble. I got the krampus sack fast, but it didn't make things entertaining.

Some suggestions I have,

-

I agree with the general idea, however I'd like the increase in difficulty be something more interesting than just growing stats. At least some form of visual or acustic indication that the new creatures are stronger than the ones you've seen before. And I'm honestly not a fan of tallbirds just spreading on their own; that would feel really annoying and wouldn't actually be very hard to deal with. Maybe have them grow wings after some life cycles and start following you while fluttering, making them more of a thread. The berry bush idea sounds really nice though.

I agree with the general idea, however I'd like the increase in difficulty be something more interesting than just growing stats. At least some form of visual or acustic indication that the new creatures are stronger than the ones you've seen before. And I'm honestly not a fan of tallbirds just spreading on their own; that would feel really annoying and wouldn't actually be very hard to deal with. Maybe have them grow wings after some life cycles and start following you while fluttering, making them more of a thread. The berry bush idea sounds really nice though.

Yeah, the monsters could change in appearance, and considering that Tallbirds have the shortest chasing time unless provoked, having more of them probably would just be a slight annoyance. The idea, though, is that the player would have to sacrifice the egg when dealing with them; since the egg never spoils.

The hounds could gain some more abilities over time, but the general idea is that no matter how long the player survives, the world keeps changing.

I played a game where the naughtiness was 10, and it wasn't fun. Killing one butterfly made him hiss. I could easily fight two krampus rushes in one day, but found it easy to also just not kill everything. There is so many work arounds like using pigs, so it was nothing more than annoying.

By annoying I mean; Added nothing to the game, creating a irritating hiss sound all the time, wasted my time, and wasn't worth the trouble. I got the krampus sack fast, but it didn't make things entertaining.

That's just it: what does Krampus do and what is Krampus meant to do? Krampus doesn't meat any of the quotas. If I could script at all, I'd take a shot of redoing his brains xD

Archived