Is there a way back up your saves?

I don't have the game on Steam or PS4, but I'd like to back up my saves because I'm tired of getting really good worlds and losing them because of something stupid, so is there any way to back them up?

Yes, but that's cheating.

Yes, but that's cheating.

Since the goal in any single-player game is technically for the player to have

fun, the only way one can technically 'cheat' is to have their enjoyment ruined. What

most people would call cheating does tend to lessen the enjoyment of a game, but

if losing your world ruins it for you, you're cheating yourself by not cheating the game, the

game of course not being a sentient being and therefor not giving a flying beefalo plop if you

cheat it.

Go to this address - C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve\save

1. Copy all the items inside the SAVE folder

2. Paste it in your BACKUP folder

3. Everytime you SAVED YOUR GAME you must do the 1st and 2nd steps to update your back up file

Once you Die:

4. just copy your "back up save file" from your BACKUP folder and paste it again in you SAVE folder. This makes the all items in the folder being replace by your back up.

And DUDE its not cheating its just wise to have a back up if you made a mistake.

Since the goal in any single-player game is technically for the player to have

fun, the only way one can technically 'cheat' is to have their enjoyment ruined. What

most people would call cheating does tend to lessen the enjoyment of a game, but

if losing your world ruins it for you, you're cheating yourself by not cheating the game, the

game of course not being a sentient being and therefor not giving a flying beefalo plop if you

cheat it.

I agree completely. It's not much more "cheaty" than having the world set to spawn "lots" of carrots, berry bushes, Beefalo and other helpful things. They spawn EVERYWHERE. Also, the biggest and one of the only complaints I ever hear about this game is that it is too difficult. I can't stand all the people who let their stupid pride prevent them from lowering the difficulty at all. It frustrates the heck out of me.

Go to this address - C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve\save

1. Copy all the items inside the SAVE folder

2. Paste it in your BACKUP folder

3. Everytime you SAVED YOUR GAME you must do the 1st and 2nd steps to update your back up file

Once you Die:

4. just copy your "back up save file" from your BACKUP folder and paste it again in you SAVE folder. This makes the all items in the folder being replace by your back up.

And DUDE its not cheating its just wise to have a back up if you made a mistake.

Thank you very much. I found it.

Archived