What do you think about Wigfrid?

What do you think about Wigfrid?  

217 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• She is just fine, awesome character!
    • She is way too over powered.
    • She is too weak.
    • She is pretty good but needs some balancing.
    • I don't like her abilities at all.

She's by far the most entertaining character, in my opinion. No farming, all fighting!

I think she might be a little bit too strong, or will be when damage multipliers start working again.

... but then again usually the things that kill me as any character would kill other characters just the same (multiple sneaky tentacle, getting mobbed by spiders/hounds, environment). So I don't think she really needs rebalancing. If she's fun, why change her?

I love her voice. Seems I'm in the minority on that.

I really like the feeling of not having to shy away from combat for fear of having my health whittled down to dangerous levels. Playing other characters taught me to avoid combat wherever possible. Wigfrid is letting me embrace my killer instincts.

She does feel a bit easy. I think it's because of the addition of catcoons, moles, and vultures. It's easier to find meat. Might also be alright to make her pickier. Being able to toss 3 berries and a morsel into a crock pot makes feeding her fruits and veggies pretty easy. I think meatballs are not a dish worthy of a shield maiden!

She does feel a bit easy. I think it's because of the addition of catcoons, moles, and vultures. It's easier to find meat. Might also be alright to make her pickier. Being able to toss 3 berries and a morsel into a crock pot makes feeding her fruits and veggies pretty easy. I think meatballs are not a dish worthy of a shield maiden!

I'm fully behind this. Any Crock Pot recipe containing fruit/veggies of any kind should not be edible.

I really like her and feel like she is made to Reign of giants environment, It's much more hostile especially when they finally add giants.
Only thing I think might need little change is the amount of sanity and health she gets when killing something.
...but she is awesome character no need for balancing! :D

Love Wigfrid =D New favourate character.

But I totally agree with what people have said above though, she's a bit OP now, and will definitely be when she gets the x1.25 damage.

I think the Health Regen upon killing a mob should be nerfed (Sanity kept though) since it doesn't make all that much sense to me - And it eliminates pretty much any use for healing items at all.

However I like her voice, it's brash and obnoxious, just as you'd expect from a Vikingesque opera singer

She's pretty easy as soon as you get a stable amount of resources to constantly making Honey Ham, Meaty Stew, or Meatballs.

Meaty stew is a waste seeing as how her hunger is 120 max xD

Meatballs and honey ham all the way :D

-On a side note, it now makes jerky almost useless unless you literally want a few extra days before expiry, seeing as how sanity and health are no problem with Wigfrid lol

i voted for option one (she is fine, awesome character) but she could probably stand to be tuned a bit.

She seems very strong in survival mode. I havent tried adventure mode but i hear it can be tough for her. The question in my mind isnt "is she too strong" but "does it matter if she is stronger than other characters".

I kinda of like the way dont starve has its hard mode characters and its easier characters. The main thing that matters to me is that each of them has a distinct playstyle, that playing with one feels markedly different to playing as another - and in that regard i think she's brilliant.

I don't know. In my opinion, she doesn't feel very... special. Her powers seem too passive for my liking.

The powers are passive, yes, but they encourage a very different play style that, in my opinion, feels much more (pro-)active than most characters.

I enjoy her gameplay and design but I'd like a bit more extrapolation on the "performance artist" aspect of her character.

As she is now who's to say she isn't a real Valkyrie somehow stranded in Maxwell's universe? Klei devs, would you kindly flesh out the performer bits of her character into gameplay? Or at least unveil more of her backstory through adventure mode/webcomics?

Would love a more balanced poll:

1 I Love her

2 She's Alright

3 Indifferent

4 I'm not really a fan

5 She sucks

Because I'm indifferent.

I'd like the poll more if it was about her as a character, and not comparing her to other characters/how she plays.

I think being able to make helmet almost two times more durable than football, and two times as durable tentacle spike without need of any machine and with very common resources is a bit OP, she also receives 25% less damage, so she has built in infinite armour that stacks with armour she wears.

She also has this damage bonus (but not really, it's bugged, but it will be fixed) without need of any food like Wolfgang does.

Archived